Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
1. Hibike! Euphonium - Extremely well realized and fleshed out characters, a compelling narrative, and gorgeous animation. All aspects of this worked and I can't wait to see the rest.

2. Shirobako - Actually can probably almost copy/paste the Euphonium bit for this too, except maybe that had nicer animation?? I dunno they're ally 1A and 1B for me in most respects.

3. Non Non Biyori Repeat - So boring.

4. Working!!! - As funny as the rest of the Working seasons but now combined with actual resolution for many characters.

5. My Love Story!! - Sort of surprising this fell down this far but I feel that's more of a testament to the quality of the rest of the competition rather than a mark against MLS.

Honorable Mentions:

Durarara!!
Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works (S2)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Stardust Crusaders (S2)
Owarimonogatari

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Dec 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The only reason I didn't really consider Yona is because 90% of my enjoyment of it in 2015 was from the manga. The show is pretty great even so.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Srice posted:

I think with that year's poll it happened because all votes in a person's top 5 are given equal weight so it was rarely a first choice but a very frequent 4th or 5th
Yeah, that's exactly what happened. I think it would be very interesting to see previous years have their votes re-weighted, but that one especially.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
A lot of people got bent out of shape about the artstyle and OP of Lucky Star, which combined with the slowish first couple of episodes meant it never really seemed to take off despite being one of the better shows that year.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The Lucky Star ED segments were pretty consistently hilarious, I think I remember those being my favorite parts. Whether it was the karaoke parts or Minoru Shiraishi's...whatever they were.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Pure number of votes, unfortunately. It's what led to Devil is a Part-Timer winning that one year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I mean it made my list too but that was also a year in which we had Chihayafuru S2.

• Locked thread