Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I haven't watched enough to make a full list of five that I'd be comfortable with. But here are four shows that I would stand by:

4. Non Non Biyori Repeat - More of the same, but still pretty great. This is a show that portrays its silences as meaningful, not boring. Great characterization and humor.

3. My Love Story - Cute, funny, and it avoids many of the annoying tropes of the genre. And I don't think you can help but love pretty much all the characters.

2. Sound! Euphonium - Gorgeously animated and with cinematic direction that makes what should be a pretty boring topic come alive. Certain eps, such as the festival one, are just amazing.

1. Shirobako - A love letter to the industry. Well made, expertly paced, and of a genre that doesn't see much action (business anime!), this is my vote for AOTY. Also both versions of the end credits are great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

In Training posted:

Unfounded anti-Haruhi-ism backlash, IMO. Not that I was reading the forum during this period but I have to imagine that's the case.

Could be. I'd bet it's more like following the "three episode rule" as if it were gospel, and those early eps didn't do LS any favors.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

In Training posted:

The first 12 minutes of Lucky Star where they talk about eating chocolate eclairs is epic.

I laughed at the sheer audacity of starting a show that way, but holy poo poo a lot of people just HATED that.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Thanks to those of you who gave in-depth replies. I enjoyed reading them and I appreciate the scouting reports. Gives me some additions to the watch list. :)

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Seeing some of the things that beat My Love Story on that list :argh: :argh: :argh:

• Locked thread