Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Not going to write out why since there have already been four pages of why these shows are good and cool. In no particular order:
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works
One-Punch Man
Owarimonogatari
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders: Egypt Arc
Shriobako

Honestly, I spent much of the year watching poo poo I missed from previous years like Hunter x Hunter and Devil is a Part-Timer. (And I"m going to have even less time to catch up on poo poo starting next month. :smith: )

Edit: Honorable mention to part 3 of Code Geass: Akito the Exiled since more Lelouche is never a bad thing. Can't wait for part 4 to come out on BD.

Edit2: Oh snap! Didn't even realize they were going for 2 in one year.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Dec 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Motto posted:

lol, "the protagonist is a girl" isn't a genre

Nope. But moe-centric poo poo is...well, poo poo.

There, I said it. :colbert:

I probably wouldn't have given Madoka a second thought if episode 3 didn't end the way it did. And I probably wouldn't have gotten past the first episode of Shirobako if it was just K-On! with anime instead of music.

K-On! failed the 3 episode test for me.

You may now bask in your hatred of me. :unsmigghh:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Torquemadras posted:

Still, I'm very curious what else the show would have to say about the uglier sides of the industry... We've seen enough to know they are painfully aware of it, and once the protagonists move up in the hierarchy, we're bound to see more issues crop up. I hope more Shirobako happens, seems likely enough.

You kind of see that during the meeting where they're selecting the voice actors. Fourteen hours to choose VAs for 6 characters, and you have the secondary market reps basically acting like caricatures of single-minded hacks pushing their own brand/sector.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Tae posted:

I should really check out the fafner sequels eventually, I didn't hate the 1st series.

Is that a sequel? Or a remake? Last thing I saw of it was the OVA that came out like 5-7 years ago or something like that. I didn't even know they had a Fafner anime out this year until I saw the countdown lists, and I'm in kind of the same boat as you.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Snow White beat out UBW by weight? Booooooo.

I guess I should go watch it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Bad Seafood posted:

Kill La Kill was an incredibly dumb show I enjoyed watching most of the time.

:agreed:

• Locked thread