Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
hi folks. this thread is about southern california hikes. we have some very nice + scenic areas despite being a dystopian metropolis.

i am a brand new baby hiker as of LAST MONTH so I have not seen much of it yet. i have been on two trails, both at Chantry Flats. 1 was Sturtevant Falls, which was a bit disappointing cause it was so crowded, except when we went up on what I think is called the lower trail to the top of the falls and took a loop around to the gabrielino trail. there were only a couple other people(a Saturday morning last month) and there were some really good visuals. also, we met this guy: http://www.canyoncartography.com/ who was repairing one of the telephone wires. he was very nice and informative and showed us his map. the other trail I went on was to hermit falls which was pretty relaxing, very short though and not much water in the falls.

my friends are experienced hikers who have been all over. they want to take me up to mount baldy(mount san antonio) which I am excited for. here is my next destination tho:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

HarryPurvis posted:

I've had good look spotting birds along Solstice Canyon. Lots of nice scenery, ruins of homes along the way, waterfalls at the end, and a secret alcove if you know where to look.

this looks really cool! i went up to chiquito falls this past weekend, it was really pretty :) i am a truly awful photographer unfortunately.

this last one is of the falls from a short distance away. no water, of course. this is california.

fun hike.

• Locked thread