Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Watommi
Dec 17, 2004

I am all that is man.

GopherFlats posted:

Has anyone done three sisters falls? I'm seeing a few places listing it as hard. It doesn't look tough outside some bouldering and maybe a couple steep inclines.

It's only hard if you don't take water. People leave SD early in the morning when it's nice and cool, and by the time they're hiking the steep uphill from the falls it's 95+ and there's no shade. People die on that trail every few years, and there are constant rescues.

Basically if you're not a moron you'll be ok.

Also like every trail in SoCal, it's crowded and people throw their water bottles and trash along the trail. Go early, go on a weekday if possible, and for god's sake use the turnouts on the way to and from to let other cars pass (I might live on that road).

Also look for the dickwood tree:

And as for Goat Canyon Trestle, it is definitely a great hike. I hiked it 4-5 weeks ago, and some assholes had recently tagged/vandalized rocks along the trail all the way there and back. If you're going soon and feel like being cool, maybe take some rock-colored paints and try to hide that poo poo. (I have no idea if that would be considered illegal as well, so maybe don't unless you know it would be ok.)

Watommi fucked around with this message at 00:31 on May 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread