Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

EDIT: nevermind, I don't think I've seen it discussed here, sorry! I'll make a different nomination in a bit.

Funniest Redditor: Souvenir Checks

Best Derail: Cheap Eats Chat (with recipes!)

Worst BWM From Elsewhere:

quote:

"Dear, we really need to cut back. Due to routinely cooking food for 80 other people and never charging a dime, we'll need to leverage the house."

Worst Crowdfunding: Doobie's Dog House. Goons funded it in 2013, but it still gets referenced semi-regularly (here's some URLs to SA threads).

http://doobies-doghouse.wikia.com/wiki/Doobie%27s_DogHouse_Wikia

Worst Mainstream Media Article:

quote:

TL;DR: Author spends more than 10 years and his publishing advance researching a book that he does not even begin to write for 5 years, goes completely flat broke doing it including looting retirement accounts

Colin Mockery fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jan 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

I did some poking around and found the link to Pompous Rhombus' article: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3555678&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=322#post444057873 (coincidentally posted by himself!)

That entire chunk of pages is full of r/personalfinance trainwrecks too, for people still looking for nominations. :psyduck:

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

1A*
2A
3A
4A
5B
6A
7A

• Locked thread