Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I personally think the humblebrag should need to go to a post/series of posts, not an entire thread from different people (some of which are humblebrags, some of which aren't).

While that may be a little helldumpish, otherwise it's a pointless category because of course the financial goals thread will win. That's kind of the whole point of that thread.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Dec 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

I'll add some nominations of my own tomorrow as well, just to try to pad out the field.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Why can't I nominate the 2015 financial goals thread for worst humblebrag? I know that's the point of the thread, but the thread is boring, pointless, and humble braggy. And totally non-interactive.

I nominate the piece of poo poo 2015 financial goals thread for fulfilling its goal of being awful

A thread full of brags is not a single humblebrag. The only way the category works is if you pick one humblebrag. Otherwise someone could say the BWM thread and it's a stalemate (except one is brags, the other is humblebrags). The category THE WORST HUMBLEBRAG. Not which thread has the most of them.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Once again, though, that's not really a humblebrag unless you ignore half of the word.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

How do you even do a financial humblebrag? It's almost always just regular-brags, whether you're talking about spending big bucks or being ultra thrifty.

"I tear up every time I look at my son's 529 balance. Just knowing that someone cares so much about his future is so moving"

See the one from the last page. One dude in the BWM thread said "I guess I'm kind of BWM. I paid off my student loans ($9100 at 5%) so now it won't be on my credit report anymore." That's the definition of a humblebrag(I accomplished this awesome thing that's smart, but I guess it's bad with money because I have less open accounts or something :smugdog: ), and the BWM thread has tons of them. Talking about how little you paid for your wedding is another example.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jan 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

1B
2A
3A*
4C
5A
6C
7C

• Locked thread