Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aagar
Mar 30, 2006

E/N Gestapo
I am talking to a mod right now about getting you probated/banned/gassed
Update on Muerte: I didn't see it said anywhere in this thread, but looking at Muerte's post history, while detailing the extreme damage done to his car driving across America he mentions that he is going to retry his Walk Across America in March 2016. From the first link he has learned his lessons from his last "attempt":

Muerte posted:

I learned many things on my 5 day trip on what I did wrong and right. Here is a quick break down:

Right:
Socks
Shoes
Walking Poles
Tent
Hydration
Fitness (physically I had some bruises and a slightly sore knee which probably needs to be drained from when I broke it but it was nothing I couldn't handle)

Wrong:
Pack Weight
Cart
Nutrition (I could not eat for 5 days due to the feeling of puking anytime I looked at food)
Clothing (Too Heavy)
Having people invest in my trip (Although I'm incredibly thankful for everyone who helped in one way or another it put an extremely high amount of pressure on me to perform.)
Telling people my estimated completion time

I guess 4 days/25 miles in the SF state park was enough to teach him that 2,500 is totally doable? Hopefully he gets a better cart this time. Also, why March? Possibly cooler in the desert, but as he won't make it that far, I'd aim for warmer nights near the ranger station.

For best article, this one came in just shy of 2015, but I'll keep it in mind for next year. I can't actually read it all the way through - it sounds like one gigantic rationalization of why "The Big Short" isn't really correct because you see there was a lot of stuff going on and...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread