Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

ikanreed posted:

Conservapedia is an interesting case, in that all the mods there are crazy instant banning psychopaths.

Favorites are:
Being banned for not being "open minded", i.e. disagreeing with a mod.
Banning users for asserting that relativity is real.

They also tend to delete the user's editing history, which ends up removing any evidence they did anything in the first place. The result is it just looks like some people are banned for no reason out of the blue.

Certain sysops would brag about how much banning they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

They also tend to delete the user's editing history, which ends up removing any evidence they did anything in the first place. The result is it just looks like some people are banned for no reason out of the blue.

I just remembered, they do this with the drive-by vandals too. So adjacent items on the change log end up being a user registering then immediately getting banned without even appearing like they did anything.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

OldTennisCourt posted:

No Mutants Allowed are the guys who are like, slavishly obsessed with some half finished Fallout 3 prototype that was done in the style of the original two games right? They all went apeshit over the newer series being a FPS?

Van Buren is the prototype of FO3 as by Black Isle, the original developers, before the studio closed and Bethesda picked up the IP to make the actual released FO3.

Notably a tech demo was released to NMA in 2007.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

I don't think this is the right topic unless at least one person in that got banned.

An actual mod thing is that GameFAQs administrator CjayC bought into some psudeolaw explanation about legal culpability and hotlinks, that basically he wasn't liable for the content of a link if it wasn't actually a link, but plaintext instead! So no one could sue him for it.

And that's why to this day you have to copy-paste urls on gamefaqs.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

GameFAQs implemented clickable links several years ago.

I checked when I made that post and the link wasn't clickable. :confused:

Either way it was far too late anyway.

• Locked thread