Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Conservapedia is an interesting case, in that all the mods there are crazy instant banning psychopaths.

Favorites are:
Being banned for not being "open minded", i.e. disagreeing with a mod.
Banning users for asserting that relativity is real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

What a weird way of spelling "Lowtax"

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Things like this make me wish I was gay so I could corrupt some holy forum members.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Axeman Jim posted:

I got banned from the Popjustice forums for liking the "wrong" Radiohead album.

Apparently saying I preferred OK Computer to Kid A was "trolling" because there was no way that could be my real opinion and I was clearly just trying to stir up poo poo.

The best thing is moderators banning people for things you don't even understand. I've never even heard either of those albums or any of their songs, and yet it's a big enough deal to ban users over somewhere.

Reminds me of the whole "Gannon-banned", which was a big, top-tier rule at some Zelda forum or another, where if you spelled Gannon's name as it appeared in the NES game, it was grounds for perma-banning, no questions asked, no exceptions.

• Locked thread