Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

have you gottne to guts man stage because the platform poo poo on it made me go psycho when i played it as a teen

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

have you gottne to guts man stage because the platform poo poo on it made me go psycho when i played it as a teen

R>C>P.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

this is megaman 1

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

destroyed

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bombman down.

Kazooiegirl
Apr 20, 2014

you are my center when i spin away
I would have screamed... I bet you'll get him on your next try.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I remember all of those shames when I played that game on the NES as a dumb kid
the instakill lasers on quickman's stage from mm2 were the worst since you had to use flashman's timestop for that section and if you messed up midway through you were screwed on the next attempt since you'd wasted the energy bar

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Wormskull posted:

I didn't ask people for exploits on beating the game. Calm down.

damage racing owns, it is not an exploit

i'm also not entirely sure it's fire man you can race so maybe i'll be wrong, you'll try it, and get owned

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I know the feeling, just lost an hour of gameplay in Rogue Galaxy because I forgot to save before a boss.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've always meant to play these games at some point in my life. The only mega man game I've played was Mega Man Battle Network and I rented the one on N64 and played it for a while until I found a trick to get infinite zenny and did that for the entire weekend I had the game so I could max out all my equipment by like the second mission and hen stopped playing it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fireman is dead.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Wormskull posted:

Fireman is dead.

keep up the good work!

Tragic Fat Detective
Jul 12, 2002

soulja boy tell em
Kudos to you OP, I've never played the Megaman games beyond trying them in emulators and not getting very far. Good luck.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

keep up the good work!

I'll finish tomorrow since I have to sleep and watch some more of this Raw.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Wormskull posted:

I'll finish tomorrow since I have to sleep and watch some more of this Raw.

get ready for the most retarded ending to a main event in a long time

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
or are you watching classic raws on the network.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I can't watch current raw because 3 hours where 1/3 is commercials is way too long for me.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Wormskull posted:

I can't watch current raw because 3 hours where 1/3 is commercials is way too long for me.

I respect that, but you should check out the end of the Sheamus/Dean Ambrose main event just to see how dumb it is. Anyways, I'll stop derailing your thread about one of my favorite series of all time. Good luck!

Tragic Fat Detective
Jul 12, 2002

soulja boy tell em
Why is Raw even 3 hours long, what a bunch of poo poo.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Tragic Fat Detective posted:

cuz usa network pays them a bunch of money to do it, they know its a bad idea

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

[Seth voice:] Money money money money money.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

The scanline filter looks really good.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't usually like using them but I kind of like it in this one. The Monitor one anyway. The TV one looks way too much like owning a super cheap lovely old TV but it doesn't even have a bubble warp thing on it so it's like, well why even bother at that point.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlVmFia4uXg I guess there's something I appreciate about just how lovely it looks, like how besides just all the ghost images and crap all the bright colors are blown out and stuff like that, but I feel they could of taken it farther. So it's just harder to look at without being authentic enough to be very awesome.

Tragic Fat Detective
Jul 12, 2002

soulja boy tell em
Fake scanlines / tv modes at least look better than 2x scaling modes where it makes everything rounded and lovely

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fake scanlines / tv modes at least look better than 2x scaling modes where it makes everything rounded and lovely

Agreed.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I kinda like the light scanlines in this because I think I like how in Super Mario Maker everything has a shadow so the sprites become more distinct and stuff and something about the scanlines does a similar thing with this.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
genuinely surprised so many people never played a classic megaman game

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I like 10 the most, it's great. And also only on last gen consoles I think. I'd buy 9+10 on PC in a heartbeat.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dongslayer. posted:

genuinely surprised so many people never played a classic megaman game

The majority of them came out on a console that's over 30 years old, I don't think many millennials like me give a care about mega man.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mega man is a cool game for kids cuz while its hard its also based around a level select, so you can just play it a ton making no progress and thats fine

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

its like getting 8 games you cant beat the first level of

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Muh Megamans.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

elf help book posted:

its like getting 8 games you cant beat the first level of

this was my experience as a kid for weeks until i realized you could hide in the top corner of the room to easily beat chill penguin, and his ice gun made the rest of the game way easier. then the internet came and i stopped thinking about how to solve problems and let the gamefaqs do it for me. i've never played a pre-X megaman though

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Paper Triangle posted:

this was my experience as a kid for weeks until i realized you could hide in the top corner of the room to easily beat chill penguin, and his ice gun made the rest of the game way easier. then the internet came and i stopped thinking about how to solve problems and let the gamefaqs do it for me. i've never played a pre-X megaman though

im an old man who still has his mega man 2 cart

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

im an old man who still has his mega man 2 cart
It still has the best music on the NES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
pre-title music is probably the best 8-bit music ever