Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.
I feel the need to elaborate, the nominee list is in no particular order.

edit: Since I page sniped here's the nomination list again.

*Polar Adventure
    *Llama goes to Market
    *Beach Maygpis
    *Chateau de Feu
    *Cool Down My Face
    *Kesha Was Bird
    *Catfishin' and Chill
    *Average Joe
    *Chill Out
    *Hashtag Everest

Calipark fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Feb 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Very cool! Didn't have to worry about campaigning for votes last time we were on the community choice, makes things a bit harder for the smaller groups. Congratulations to all those nominated.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?
I know it'd be super onerous, but any chance of taking the archived Gong Show, and splitting it out into a bunch of sections on Twitch, so we can watch each individual game? I don't have time to play them all, and I doubt I'd sit and watch the whole show, but it would be super awesome to play some, look at others, etc.

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.

Shalinor posted:

I know it'd be super onerous, but any chance of taking the archived Gong Show, and splitting it out into a bunch of sections on Twitch, so we can watch each individual game? I don't have time to play them all, and I doubt I'd sit and watch the whole show, but it would be super awesome to play some, look at others, etc.

I split it up into blocks, someone usually goes through and finds the time codes for each game after the videos are posted. I don't have the time to make 38 separate videos.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

It's unfortunate that the submitted version of Netflix and Chill Man was broken and unplayable, but I hope at lest some of the judges played the fixed version on the site. Either way, though, making it was a fun way to pass 3 and a half days.

There was a great showing this contest so I look forward to seeing the winner!

Imajus
Jun 10, 2004

Thirteen!

Giggs posted:

I think you can change the setting but unless you have a professional/educational license it shows it anyways. I could test that theory but I am too lazy right now.

I download the latest version of it just for this game jam, so I don't believe I had a professional license and no splash screen.

Also, congrats to the nominees!

Quaternion Cat
Feb 19, 2011

Affeline Space

Afal posted:

• Despite that there's more to Kesha Was Bird that I can't get passed, Mastigophoran wins the bounty on how to get further in it. Congrats!

Thanks, I gave it to my husband as he was the real hero of the story.

Also, thanks to the goons who played Average Joe and gave us feedback - we didn't really have time to ask people to play test it for us before the deadline, as getting finished at all was a slog - the game was a decent bit over scoped for the one week of me not being sick and we only just finished. We did a lot of local testing, but as you know, that never really works perfectly. We should probably have just thrown out the middle difficulty of labels, or started on it, or something, and dropped it down by 5 or 10 more crates (it uh, actually was already cut down; it used to be 30, we'd already cut it to 25), and put a big 'C' key in the middle of the screen for the 'poo poo better calm down' part. Actually I'd already sort of received this exact feedback from my husband whenever I threw him builds to test towards the end, but, I sort of started ignoring it because I boxed it in as 'well, it's just because he's played it for the 100th time' - guess I was wrong :v:. We'd also wanted there to be more 'your choice makes no difference but is at least acknowledged' elements, we wanted you to be able to pick which necklace you took from the line up of 3 depending on where you finished in the race, only to discover they were all bad no matter what you did, but, that also got cut. There is actually sort of a colour element to the whole deal - the boss' lady always goes for the jewelry with red gems, and, none of the necklaces in the store are red, but the one at the end of game is, which is supposed to make it clear why it's important, though, it fell through the cracks in terms of being laid out in text.

I was a little surprised by people's comments regarding how the game looks, I was a bit 'eeeeh I guess it's ok' on a lot of the art, but, I'm happy with managing to keep to a mostly cohesive look to the game, which to be fair is mostly what people have liked about it. 4 colour greyscale was hard if there's basically any ambiently lit up areas at all. I think the 'worst' scene is the alley scene where you have to play lookout;

But I think the effect otherwise 100% saved the game. Possibly the best was (ending spoiler?) 'Failed hugging ends in bloodshed' - I guess that's always a risk with a rotated pixel font..

I guess I should probably post somewhere (rather than just say in the IRC) that there are 4 endings to the game, revealing the game's 'true' attachment to the chill theme, which all pivot only on the final scene (skip to able with the '3' key on the title screen, and you can hit 'a' to skip text boxes until you get to the actual game part - this was laid out mostly in the cheats section of the game page - idk if judges read the game pages before playing but I guess not?). I should also note that the label on one end of the 'calm' bar actually physics off and reveals the word 'chill' behind it, and the bar turns red when it gets really high up on + you're breathing quickly in that scene, which might give people some more of a hint as to what else they can do ('remember, I'm holding a gun!' was a throwback to the shooting the jewelry case) - also, try the opposite. The endings are all short little things based on the different ways the scene has been interpreted by the multiple movies/cartoons that have shown the events in question, so it's kinda a small thing, but, I'm glad we did it.

But yeah, we are honestly both super chuffed to have made the Judge's short list; we're really proud to have made the impact that we did with both the community and the judges on our first 'jam' outing together, and feeling pretty good about working together in the future.

Quaternion Cat fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Feb 10, 2016

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.
Gong Show archive videos, broken up into blocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XeKaYpX4W8

Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvsRQ9bQ1QDPDQAN2DNRjz5AYpXCbq0FX

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Argh, I didn't even realize you could swim independently of harpoon recoil. Good job, Gong Show.

Krillin: Adding keyboard controls to an otherwise mouse-based game is sneaky. I feel sneaked.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Still seeking out the best :iceburn:, feel free to self-nominate! Glad the video got divvied up by game; I'll be hunting down the winner of my bounty that way as well.

Tryin' to think of a good post-mortem to write about our game. In lieu of that for now, please enjoy this peek behind the scenes:

We've also got a build coming out on Valentine's day that's got a bunch of improvements and stuff because basically we totally overscoped and have shitloads of stuff just waiting to get implemented. So stay tuned for that.

Rob Filter
Jan 19, 2009

Xibanya posted:

Still seeking out the best :iceburn:, feel free to self-nominate! Glad the video got divvied up by game; I'll be hunting down the winner of my bounty that way as well.

Tryin' to think of a good post-mortem to write about our game. In lieu of that for now, please enjoy this peek behind the scenes:

We've also got a build coming out on Valentine's day that's got a bunch of improvements and stuff because basically we totally overscoped and have shitloads of stuff just waiting to get implemented. So stay tuned for that.

If your thinking about what to talk about in your post-mortem, I personally like reading anecdote's, technical challenges faced during production, and what you'd do differently now that your finished.

I nominate KIP-PL3 for its final line. It's an ice burn on a planet, not a person but in the context of the player characters final words its the biggest possible gently caress you.

I'd nominate my own game chilly birds cause it has multiple ice burns, but I don't personally think the ice burns are -that- great. I just want more people to play it. Muhaha.

EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

Twitch Chat in Llama goes to Market

If you didn't play Llama goes to Market by now, then you might want to check out The Gong Show's playthrough of it.

As I mentioned in our very casual Post Morty, twitch chat integration was a last minute decision that I made in the dead of night after getting jacked up on energy drinks and getting tired of refactoring code I couldn't easily manage. There's no secret, llama game was developed using a prerelease build of Lumberyard which is going to further the games industry by miles, don't forget to buy your own Amazon swag today I had no idea what I was doing, but I'm very good at hunting for information that almost lets me do what I want to do.

I basically used TwitchIRC.cs which just so happened to be exactly what I needed, but required ripping apart from top to bottom in order to accurately debug an issue I had. I registered a new twitch account and got everything I needed. After three hours of debugging at 2 in the morning I figured out that in order to connect to a room you have to supply the room name without any caps. Our project just so happened to have a singleton and matching gameobject aptly named God in every scene that we could attach this to. It might not be necessary to do this, but I feel when sockets / threads / buffers are involved it's best to hedge my bets.

Originally we had it so that chat messages would pool in God until the player triggered the "Next" button of a dialog box, but that became a problem when the pool got too big or when that dialog box had important things in it. It was at this point that TomR jokingly suggested that we have a bird fly by and deliver the message. What followed was a 3 hour conversation about the avian diversity of mesoamerican cultures. Because subtlety is a foreign concept to us, we then spent at least another day spawning random birds and putting them in obnoxious places. Because the game uses Input.Mouse*, the dialog boxes (being Canvases themselves) obstructed the player's ability to move up until we found the checkbox somewhere in the hierarchy to make that stop happening. mockingquantum then made sure that once we had made the HellBird as annoying as possible, to make it even more annoying by having it announce its presence with an ambivalent squawk.

This all happened before we had more than one level in the overworld or a set minigame associated to each encounter.

If you want a more advanced solution and don't want to painstakingly implement each feature from here on your own (although this covers 90% of most use cases) I think writing a lightweight wrapper MonoBehavior for ChatSharp or IRC.NET would be worth your time. Or, now that you scraped through TwitchIRC.cs enough to figure out how to get TCP sockets up and kicking, you can implement the rest of the specs using this very difficult to find document on what few things twitch's IRC network implements.

EntranceJew fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 10, 2016

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

The Hellbird screech holds a dubious place of honor in my sound design career-- it may be the only sound I've ever worked on that, after finishing it, I had to stop and ask myself if it was annoying enough. I think a part of my sound designer soul died inside that day.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

MockingQuantum posted:

The Hellbird screech holds a dubious place of honor in my sound design career-- it may be the only sound I've ever worked on that, after finishing it, I had to stop and ask myself if it was annoying enough. I think a part of my sound designer soul died inside that day.

I had this exact moment during making sounds for Chillax Inc. The alarm sound had to be a pain, and I kept asking myself if I should make it worse. I used my powers for evil that day. :(

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

JonTerp posted:

*Polar Adventure
    *Llama goes to Market
    *Beach Maygpis
    *Chateau de Feu
    *Cool Down My Face
    *Kesha Was Bird
    *Catfishin' and Chill
    *Average Joe
    *Chill Out
    *Hashtag Everest

Congrats to the finalists! This jam was what I can only describe as "ballin' ", especially considering both the quality and quantity of games submitted. Everybody did a good-rear end job and you should all feel good-rear end.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

EntranceJew posted:

If you didn't play Llama goes to Market by now, then you might want to check out The Gong Show's playthrough of it.

As I mentioned in our very casual Post Morty, twitch chat integration was a last minute decision that I made in the dead of night after getting jacked up on energy drinks and getting tired of refactoring code I couldn't easily manage. There's no secret, llama game was developed using a prerelease build of Lumberyard which is going to further the games industry by miles, don't forget to buy your own Amazon swag today I had no idea what I was doing, but I'm very good at hunting for information that almost lets me do what I want to do.

I basically used TwitchIRC.cs which just so happened to be exactly what I needed, but required ripping apart from top to bottom in order to accurately debug an issue I had. I registered a new twitch account and got everything I needed. After three hours of debugging at 2 in the morning I figured out that in order to connect to a room you have to supply the room name without any caps. Our project just so happened to have a singleton and matching gameobject aptly named God in every scene that we could attach this to. It might not be necessary to do this, but I feel when sockets / threads / buffers are involved it's best to hedge my bets.

Originally we had it so that chat messages would pool in God until the player triggered the "Next" button of a dialog box, but that became a problem when the pool got too big or when that dialog box had important things in it. It was at this point that TomR jokingly suggested that we have a bird fly by and deliver the message. What followed was a 3 hour conversation about the avian diversity of mesoamerican cultures. Because subtlety is a foreign concept to us, we then spent at least another day spawning random birds and putting them in obnoxious places. Because the game uses Input.Mouse*, the dialog boxes (being Canvases themselves) obstructed the player's ability to move up until we found the checkbox somewhere in the hierarchy to make that stop happening. mockingquantum then made sure that once we had made the HellBird as annoying as possible, to make it even more annoying by having it announce its presence with an ambivalent squawk.

This all happened before we had more than one level in the overworld or a set minigame associated to each encounter.

If you want a more advanced solution and don't want to painstakingly implement each feature from here on your own (although this covers 90% of most use cases) I think writing a lightweight wrapper MonoBehavior for ChatSharp or IRC.NET would be worth your time. Or, now that you scraped through TwitchIRC.cs enough to figure out how to get TCP sockets up and kicking, you can implement the rest of the specs using this very difficult to find document on what few things twitch's IRC network implements.

I actually didn't catch the Gong Show stream of this, thank you for posting this. That's loving incredible, and I can only imagine the feeling you had while waiting for it to show up on stream.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
:siren: poemdexter's painting pick :siren:

Hey Buffis and Pizzatime! Murder, Death, Chill was amazing and Vlambeer as fuuuuuuuck. Let me paint you pictures (or steam wallet equivalent)!

PM me sometime.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

EntranceJew posted:

:words:
It finally happened. Someone one-upped HONK. Or at least made only the second entry compelling enough to sit alongside HONK in whatever space HONK occupies.

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.
We've finished recording our Judging deliberations. The stream will go live on Friday at 5pm CST on https://www.twitch.tv/sagamedev

Afterwards judge's reviews and the community choice poll will go live.

Calipark fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Feb 11, 2016

SharpenedSpoonv2
Aug 28, 2008

Shalinor posted:

It finally happened. Someone one-upped HONK. Or at least made only the second entry compelling enough to sit alongside HONK in whatever space HONK occupies.
Category for next year: The Honk Award
...?

Edit
Images are back on the site, and with that I will announce...
:siren: The winners of my bounties for best game page and best post mortem! :siren:

Both bounties are tied, because I do what I want.

Best game page winners:
Murder, Death, Chill and
Hashtag Everest!

Best post mortem (that was in text form on the site, sorry EntranceJew/TomR) winners:
Chilly Birds and
Awful Darts!

Contact me (best way is probably through the Slack channel, but IRC is also fine. PM is worst, but I will eventually see it) to claim your prize of my 2015 GOTY, Contradiction - Spot the Liar!
If you already own it, great! Let me know, and I'll pick out a similarly awesome game to gift to you!

Thanks for using my site for the gamejam, everyone! It's been a blast

SharpenedSpoonv2 fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Feb 11, 2016

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib

poemdexter posted:

Hey Buffis and Pizzatime! Murder, Death, Chill was amazing and Vlambeer as fuuuuuuuck. Let me paint you pictures (or steam wallet equivalent)!

PM me sometime.

Holy poo poo, that's awesome, thanks! Will PM right away.

SharpenedSpoonv2 posted:

Best game page winners:
Murder, Death, Chill and

Thanks a lot :)

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Welp, with this batch (non-posters) I've played all of them this jam. Surprised I got it in before the community vote! I still plan to read the rest of the Post Mortems as well as likely revisit a few before I vote, so not totally done yet. Thanks for sharing your games, really solid as a whole!

Gardening Grandmas 4: Chili Cook Off by Team: bamboopuppy
Pretty chill. Besides a bit of UI stuff (hard to tell what clicked and what was finished, the watering, etc.), what I really wanted was some more tension to the game, even if it was just more to deal with regarding juggling planting. It's neat that there's a little bit of creativity involved, but it would've been cool if the skeleton offered a real brain-teaser to figure out. I think it's cool that it's possible to bang up a farming sim in Unity real quick, and I enjoyed the touch of the day/night cycle even though there was no gameplay part to it.

Heart Race by Team: Immortal Hollow
Well, at least the main mechanic technically worked. I didn't hate the flavor text but there just wasn't enough of it to even fill the time. I hope you put more effort in next time!

Forget Chill by Team: Team Sick
I don't know, it kind of had a cool aesthetic for being made in 2 hours. I'd like to see that weird collage/junk style used again in a future jam. Getting sick sucks, but hopefully you'll do another jam!

Polar Wars by Team: Grandma Games
Not quite as terrifying as SkiFree, but I got my heart rate going at ~100. It crashed for me once, but really I wish it wasn't so bareboned! Neat idea, though, I'm sure I'm not the only one that played the heck out of SkiFree.

Beach Maygpis by Team: Terrible Gramphics
A weird little collect-a-thon platformer. It kind of reminded me a bit of Paper Mario without any battle system. The music was pretty chill, and the graphics often worked pretty well. I wasn't too big on the weird rhythm game (not enough feedback!), and I also kind of felt like it ended before it got anywhere. I'd like to read a Post Mortem about this one!

Kesha Was Bird by Team: Cow Named Squirrel
Wow, really bizarre narrative game. A bit of programmer logic (obviously, look how long it took for someone to mention beating it! It's also odd how the phone spelling part only seems to come in circumstantially) and not in the running for "Best Gameplay"(???), but the art style and the absurdity really make this game shine. One of those games where you walk away from with more questions than answers ("Why Kesha Was Bird? Why can you call FISH?"). Great job!

Chill Robot by Team: Team Adorable Animals
I don't know if the map or anything is interesting enough to warrant the strict searching mechanism (even knowing where to go it's kind of a pain because it's easy to hang on stuff or get slightly off), but at least some of the graphics were pretty adorable. I recommend you check out Frigid which was pretty similar!

WeWantToWatchAMovie by Team: The Triple A Batteries
Man, I got somebody I know to try this out with me and it did not go well at all. I didn't realize how unfinished it was! In all fairness I should've tried it first, but I think I would've preferred Flappy Birds. Actually, it must've been difficult to implement the network stuff at all which is cool, really, but it's a shame that as far as I could tell the only thing that synced was chat?

Cardinal Die-rection by Team: Team Further Afield
Weird 2D multi-directional shooter. The life concept is pretty confusing (it requires taking hits to stay in a "safe zone"), and it didn't feel very good to slowly die when the map generated was too barren (pulling back might've helped with that). The balance was pretty weird, too, but besides that it functioned well. It's an interesting idea to incorporate a juggling aspect to a usual straightforward genre.

A Moderate and Reasonable Sloth by Team: SimonCouche
I really wanted to love this one, but unfortunately I had a lot of technical problems with it. First of all: Owww, my ears! Besides the volume of the SFX, was there no music? I got stuck at the beginning level until I realized that X did something (the in-game Controls doesn't mention it, and I must've overlooked the keyboard-only mention if it [I probably thought it was grip]). Then I got stuck at the second scientist for a while because it wouldn't let me physically get close to him (like an invisible wall). Finally, after the third scientist and the title screen I couldn't click any buttons. It really needed some camera control, too. I did rather like the concept and ideas involved, and there's definitely a place in my heart from QWOP- or Octodad-like game, so I hope a longer jam will buffer out the problems if this game concept gets revisited.

bamboopuppy
Jul 18, 2005

Doom Goon posted:

Gardening Grandmas 4: Chili Cook Off by Team: bamboopuppy
Pretty chill. Besides a bit of UI stuff (hard to tell what clicked and what was finished, the watering, etc.), what I really wanted was some more tension to the game, even if it was just more to deal with regarding juggling planting. It's neat that there's a little bit of creativity involved, but it would've been cool if the skeleton offered a real brain-teaser to figure out. I think it's cool that it's possible to bang up a farming sim in Unity real quick, and I enjoyed the touch of the day/night cycle even though there was no gameplay part to it.

Thanks for reviewing my game! It should be known that it wasn't made in Unity or any commercial engine: it's mostly C++ code and custom shaders I wrote along with some helper libraries. Although it is based on an engine I had been working on sometime last year, which I open-sourced in an earlier post. A lot of features were developed during the 2 weeks; such as the multiple light effects, shadows, skybox, and being able to click on things. In hindsight I should have spent more time on game play and making it fun.

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.
Just a reminder, judging stream is TONIGHT at 5pm CST.

https://www.twitch.tv/sagamedev

GashouseGorilla
Nov 11, 2011

Congrats to the nominees! And thanks to the judges/organizers for putting on this jam!

Doom Goon posted:

Wow, that sure went from 0 to 60 in a flash! Simple game, but good job on making it nevertheless. Bonus points for choice of intro songs as well as contender for the "Most Likely to Hurt Myself While Playing" award.

Haha, yeah...I should've eased back on the difficulty curve a bit....

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.
Congrats to all our winners!

Voting link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1aCxYWZQSJ_ZALVCIa2G6cjBBpCp3K_fAShSLQ7j1KwU/viewform voting ends Wednesday!

START VOTING! Tell your friends! Play games!

Also if we catch you voter frauding by voting multiple times, you will be banned FOR LIFE. We will find out.

Calipark fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Feb 13, 2016

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Congratulations to everyone that participated! There were a lot of really nice games.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

JonTerp posted:

Also if we catch you voter frauding, you will be banned FOR LIFE. We will find out.

Also WTF it's a game jam, who would even take the time to do that?!

And congrats to everybody, I was blown away by the quality of games in SAGDCX, and thought "well it must be because it's a month-long jam". Then this one came along and the showing, if anything, is probably even better in less time. Serious talent in here!

Afal
Sep 4, 2012

"Tubular! Catch you on the flip side!"
Congrats to those who won. I guess I have to give out the rest of the bounties

Bounties which haven't been collected yet

• Can whoever was responsible for The View down Cold Firgun and Zamboni please let themselves known so I can send a copy of "The Magpie Collection" to y'all
  • Forget chill wins "Putt-PuttŪ Goes to the Moon"

Bounties which I couldn't decide on until the results

• Beach Maygpis wins "Broken Age For The Ouya" for the game where I had to reluctantly open firefox to run
  • GameMaker prize is between Penguin Panic and Death Is Eternal because they have the same (4 stars out of 5) score. I don't know where to go here and I'll might have to flip a coin or something.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

wooo most fun!
If only I didn't suck at making puzzles :downs:

I don't really have plans to expand the game, so I'm uploading the source code and assets for peeps to learn from if interested.
Source

Polio Vax Scene fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Feb 13, 2016

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety
Congratulations to da winners and also anybody who submitted a game, I think we were all impressed by how many excellent entries came in for this first attempt at a 2 week awfuljam. It really isn't easy to reach a final conclusion for these and that's entirely because of the high quality of your submissions!

And definitely vote for your favorite!!

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
poo poo! I was so close to winning it all!

Anyways, for inquiring minds, there actually is one special ending to Polar Adventure that was never demonstrated during the Gong Show.

Here's how to get it:

1. Read the books.
2. Read the sign to find out the color of the deadly mushroom. HINT: Count the number of "don't"s, "not"s, and "never"s. If there's an even amount, the mentioned mushroom is not deadly. Otherwise, the mentioned mushroom is deadly.
3. Kill Man Santa.
4. Take the Coca-Cola.
5. Kill the Granny.
6. If there's a vast ravine, leap over it. If there's a narrow ravine, go around it.
7. Take the the deadly mushroom.
8. Kill the Game Show Host.
9. Mix the Coca-Cola and the Mushroom and give it to the Polar Hunter.
10. Kill God. SPOILER: Use BrainStrong

If you pull this off successfully, you should get a totally different ending.

BEST ENDING SPOILERS:

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib
Congrats to all the winners!

I will say though, that I feel that Murder, Death, Chill should have been able to take the best use of theme prize.

It uses the theme in at least three ways ("typographically", themed around cold stuff, themed around making things chill), not including lovely puns!

#Everest had so much effort put into it though that it definitely deserved it as well, so it's hard to be too sad about this or anything :)

This was a great jam, and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

Afal posted:

Bounties which haven't been collected yet

• Can whoever was responsible for The View down Cold Firgun and Zamboni please let themselves known so I can send a copy of "The Magpie Collection" to y'all

I made that view down cold firgun. you can add me on steam

poemdexter posted:

PM me sometime.

thank you, but I just made some music for it! you can also add me on steam though.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

"One account. All of Google."

Am I the only one who finds that phrase alarming instead of enticing?

Can someone list the winners here? I might wanna play some of 'em.

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.

Hammer Bro. posted:

"One account. All of Google."

Am I the only one who finds that phrase alarming instead of enticing?

Can someone list the winners here? I might wanna play some of 'em.

http://www.awfuljams.com

Click the big button that says "winners"

Afal
Sep 4, 2012

"Tubular! Catch you on the flip side!"

Pizzatime posted:

I made that view down cold firgun. you can add me on steam

The key is an itch.io key but I'll message it to you on steam since you don't have private messages here

Gunzil
Jan 1, 2010

Afal posted:

• Beach Maygpis wins "Broken Age For The Ouya" for the game where I had to reluctantly open firefox to run

Oh boy oh boy! You can send that treasure my way at got it, thanks!!

Edit: I've added a postmortem to my game page for those interested! http://www.awfuljams.com/little-awful-2016/games/beach-maygpis

Gunzil fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Feb 14, 2016

Imajus
Jun 10, 2004

Thirteen!

Afal posted:

• GameMaker prize is between Penguin Panic and Death Is Eternal because they have the same (4 stars out of 5) score. I don't know where to go here and I'll might have to flip a coin or something.

As the maker of Penguin Panic, I'll put it to good use, but whatever you think is fair. It's your bounty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

JonTerp posted:

http://www.awfuljams.com

Click the big button that says "winners"

Har har, I'm a dum-dum.

Now I swear I've read the OP again and poked around on the official website for multiple minutes, but is there anywhere outside of Google Docs I can see the top ten we're supposed to be voting on? (And if there isn't, what's that reserved second post for, nudge-nudge?)

• Locked thread