Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Okay, so, from the TA changes alone:
  • Obvious changes to JLA, Avengers, Brotherhood, and Injustice League, but they're all good changes I think. Brotherhood/IL is actually really good now? How weird.
  • Batman Enemy, Sinister Syndicate, Defenders, and JSA all take an adjacent printed value to copy now. No more attack or defense chaining.
  • Suicide Squad can heal up to 4 clicks when one of them is KO'd now.
  • When using Superman Enemy, you just need to be next to a lower point guy with the TA long enough to activate the FREE, then you've got Outwit for the entire turn no matter what.
  • Similarly with SHIELD, you can "bank" the damage boosts now, so you can then Running Shot away (or whatever) from the SHIELD guys and still have your damage upped for the attack.
  • Underworld can now carry anyone who shares a keyword with them, not just other Underworld figures. That's gonna make them really, really welcome on a lot of teams.
  • Not only is Mystics uncopyable, it deals penetrating damage now, not unavoidable. Anything that can reduce penetrating, like oh I don't know let's say Invincible, is now a hard counter for Mystics teams. About goddamn time there was actually a counter for that TA's bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Father Wendigo posted:

Also not mentioned killed off: the Fantastic Four and the Minions of Doom team abilities.

Thanks, Disney. :rolldice:

Don't forget Crime Syndicate!

<voice character="Mickey Mouse">HA-HA! Hey, kids! If it's Golden Age, you can go gently caress yourselves! HA-HA!</voice>

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Does anybody have the team abilities (as in, ALL OF THEM EVER) compiled in any kind of document? I'm trying to make a reference for how the TAs were worded before today vs. how they're worded now, including the TAs they omitted (I found you, Skrulls!) and the Indy and Other TAs. Remember: Arachnos, Crossgen, and Kaiju are still copyable and still deal unavoidable damage!

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

CapnAndy posted:

Okay, so, from the TA changes alone:
  • Obvious changes to JLA, Avengers, Brotherhood, and Injustice League, but they're all good changes I think. Brotherhood/IL is actually really good now? How weird.
  • Batman Enemy, Sinister Syndicate, Defenders, and JSA all take an adjacent printed value to copy now. No more attack or defense chaining.
  • Suicide Squad can heal up to 4 clicks when one of them is KO'd now.
  • When using Superman Enemy, you just need to be next to a lower point guy with the TA long enough to activate the FREE, then you've got Outwit for the entire turn no matter what.
  • Similarly with SHIELD, you can "bank" the damage boosts now, so you can then Running Shot away (or whatever) from the SHIELD guys and still have your damage upped for the attack.
  • Underworld can now carry anyone who shares a keyword with them, not just other Underworld figures. That's gonna make them really, really welcome on a lot of teams.
  • Not only is Mystics uncopyable, it deals penetrating damage now, not unavoidable. Anything that can reduce penetrating, like oh I don't know let's say Invincible, is now a hard counter for Mystics teams. About goddamn time there was actually a counter for that TA's bullshit.

*I'm not sure I love taking away lots of moving without counting towards action totals in favor of a +1 just for MOVE. Brotherhood/IL is cool, though.
*Hasn't Suicide Squad always worked like that?
*I was going to second-guess you on Superman Enemy, but now I think you're right. It activates when the action is given.
*Same with SHIELD. Kinda cool, although you don't get to "bank" the +1 range.
*Underworld Rulz.
*gently caress Mystics.

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010
Hey underworld works with Sidestep now!

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Steve Vader posted:

*Hasn't Suicide Squad always worked like that?

That's what I thought. Was it -3 before? I could have sworn it was basically Regeneration with a minimum 1.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

DEATH with "you will never see your last click" power.

Oh, and FLYING HAMMER HULK. with anti-colossal power.

Maybe I can get this Hulk so I can stop being bothered that I don't own the NFAoS version of this Hulk.

And give me my drat bunny slippers Hulk remake!

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I would like to go on record as revising my chase prediction. It'll be at least largely characters who have an iconic weapon or other item. We saw Thunderball with Enchanted Ball and Chain. Given that generic name, I call that we're going to see a chase Absorbing Man with his ball and chain. I also predict a chase Dargo Ktor (probably with "Dargo's Mjolnir") and a chase Thor with regular Mjolnir. We may also see a chase Valkyrie with Dragonfang. I think there's a good chance we'll see one member of the Wrecking Crew at each level of rarity other than Common, with Wrecker being the chase with his Enchanted Crowbar.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

ManiacClown posted:

We may also see a chase Valkyrie with Dragonfang.
They've already previewed exactly this.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

CapnAndy posted:

They've already previewed exactly this.

Does it count as a prediction if you were unaware of it?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I think so!

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
More stuff coming out now, Absorbing Man chase prediction was right, looks like Malekith is a chase as well so yeah, just dudes with iconic weapons as the theme which makes sense. Skurge with m16s from that one story as the prime, as predicted.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

thebardyspoon posted:

More stuff coming out now, Absorbing Man chase prediction was right, looks like Malekith is a chase as well so yeah, just dudes with iconic weapons as the theme which makes sense. Skurge with m16s from that one story as the prime, as predicted.

Was Creel confirmed as a Chase? Malekith looks pretty fun but the casket of ancient winters is aggressively awkward and underwhelming. Thankfully Enchantress was confirmed as a SR which makes me happy as she'll be easier to track down.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Hmm maybe not, I thought the weapon number for his indicated he was but I can't be bothered to go and look. Yeah Malekith's Casket thing looks like a bit of a ballache to use. I am also very happy that Enchantress is just an SR.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
Just went to the realms thread and I missed that they did make a last stand Skurge as the prime. Nailed it!

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Did anyone else catch that they did away with the "Galactus in the Realm of Death Rule" (so to speak) that if after expanding your starting area you still can't legally place a character you ignore the terrain that keeps you from placing it? Now if you're playing in Golden and your opponent plays a 3x6, just choose the Realm of Death as your map and you've scored a lot of points instantly.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

ManiacClown posted:

Did anyone else catch that they did away with the "Galactus in the Realm of Death Rule" (so to speak) that if after expanding your starting area you still can't legally place a character you ignore the terrain that keeps you from placing it? Now if you're playing in Golden and your opponent plays a 3x6, just choose the Realm of Death as your map and you've scored a lot of points instantly.

Pretty sure in the Comprehensive "Past Rules" areas, they say 'hey, we're not going to bother making a poo poo-ton of corner case rulings for old poo poo, so all that Golden Age poo poo works like it always used to. Don't be a fiddly dick about it."

I'm sure that's verbatim.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Who else finds it very amusing that they've already had to fix the rulebook that isn't even in effect yet?

Edit: I'd just printed off the rulebook this afternoon before I saw the posting.

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Aug 26, 2017

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I have no doubt there will be plenty of gently caress ups either in the rule book or cards. The fact that "PROTECTED" and "Protected" have distinct differences is going to lead to problems when somebody leaves caps lock on.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I do believe today is an opportune time to prepare a new thread. Title suggestions? Idea if it'll fit:

The HeroClix Thread v13: We have altered the rules. Pray we do not alter them any further.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

The HeroClix Thread v13: You Don't Know How To Play HeroClix

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
I'll go with you don't know how to play Heroclix

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

The HeroClix Thread v13: You Must First Unlearn What You Have Learned

— OR —

The HeroClix Thread v13: You Know Nothing, Elijah Snow

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

CapnAndy posted:

The HeroClix Thread v13: You Don't Know How To Play HeroClix, and Neither Do We.

:colbert:

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

↑ This wins.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

ManiacClown posted:

I do believe today is an opportune time to prepare a new thread. Title suggestions? Idea if it'll fit:

The HeroClix Thread v13: We have altered the rules. Pray we do not alter them any further.

:\ I kinda liked this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Red posted:

:\ I kinda liked this one.

It wouldn't have fit. The winner didn't by three characters, so I'll have to ask to have the new thread's title changed to The HeroClix Thread v13: You Don't Know How To Play HeroClix; Neither Do We, which will fit exactly.

• Locked thread