Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Red posted:

Where you do you keep the mountain of Lone Ranger clix?

They're in yet another box I used to keep my Batmobile and GCPD Cruiser in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
Today was 500 points. I was lazy

Skull Ship at 450
Bizarro at 50

I decided I wanted to play drone games

Round 1 versus
250 point Enchantress with belt
Black Alice
Nightshade
Faust
Shadowpact ATA on all

I held back and tried to spawn drones but he came right for me. The Skull Ship then just started single targeting PWing everyone and KOing them one at a time. Bizarro got hit once but that was it

Round 2 versus
Zombie Super Skrull
Copycat
Evil Deadpool with full Phoenix Force
Blind Al
Groot from GOTG

Hi I'm a new player who's just learning the game. My loving rear end you are. He did take Bizarro with copycat.

Anyway I won map roll and chose the prison. I then proceeded to sit in my starting area and spawn drones while my opponent farted around breaking walls. Eventually I got all 8 out. He still tried to break walls. He did eventually come and try to take a shot on copycat with Super Skrull but I hit shape change. My drones murdered his Groot and time was called. I am ok with a win like this against a team like that.

Round 3 versus Deity

Hades
Artemis
Hermes

I lost map and ended up on the avengers tank map. He would not let me spawn drones as he'd heard they were mean. He came right for me and Artemis managed to hit me off top dial due to clever positioning, but she knocked me onto power reclamation and I healed up. Took shots and lost bizarro to Hades who became a suffering soul. Had Hermes down low but he ran to his snakes. Ran over and used tentacle attacks to KO the snakes and make more drones which Hades murdered with PW. Artemis had the misfortune of always seeming to be nearby when I was on steal energy or reclamation and I just kept healing. Eventually it was Hades versus the ship and I managed to get it done.

So the ship is fun but I think a tentacle/drone strategy might work better with it as a vehicle. They just need to make me a LOD and robot keyworded Brainiac.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
WizKids has announced its 2016 con schedule, and GenCon is conspicuously absent.

Which actually puts me in a bit of a bind, because I thought Origins sucked on toast compared to GenCon and was planning to go back to Indianapolis this year.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Yeah, I'm very bummed about the lack of Gen-Con. There is a small internal push to do SOMETHING there, but if we do, it will be very low-key, nothing sealed so that we don't need to ship anything but prizes. Personally, I'm pushing for bring-your-own-booster battle royales, since I want to see players flood in with those super-cheap Sinister bricks that you can always get on the show floor.

It's been, like, five years since I've had a Gen-Con where I won't be running events for WizKids. I have no idea what to do with myself.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Golden Age 500 Point-Game: Theme Team Required coming up, pretty much the only tactics allowed are ATAs, so I'm thinking:

Frightful Four
- SI She-Thing
+ Newer FF ATA: A character using this team ability modifies its attack value by +1 when attacking characters possessing Indomitable, Giant, or Colossal combat symbols.
- ASM 021 Electro
- WoS Sandman
- IIM Absorbing Man and Titania
Total: 484

The key is that Electro can jump around to any unheld object. Absorby/Titania can drop standard objects as a free action. Is that enough to be competitive?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Red posted:

The key is that Electro can jump around to any unheld object. Absorby/Titania can drop standard objects as a free action. Is that enough to be competitive?
Honestly, no. You're gonna get whomped. Sandman's got two clicks of 10 attack in the middle of his dial; apart from that, he and She-Thing have 9s and 8s, which translates to "haha never gonna hit anything ever" in an age when 17 is the bare minimum acceptable defense. Your Absorby/Titania + Electro trick is genuinely cool, but the downside is that Electro needs a power action to do his teleport, and he doesn't even have willpower. So he pops out of an object and then stands still for two turns -- and Absorby/Titania are going to be in melee range, so if he's jumping to them, he'll be in melee range too and easy meat for anyone who wants to punch him.

That said, if those are the pieces you've got (I note that they're all pretty old so I'm guessing your collection is a limiting factor here) and that's a team that'll make you happy to play it, then play it. Go get whomped, it's the best way to learn.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

Honestly, no. You're gonna get whomped. Sandman's got two clicks of 10 attack in the middle of his dial; apart from that, he and She-Thing have 9s and 8s, which translates to "haha never gonna hit anything ever" in an age when 17 is the bare minimum acceptable defense. Your Absorby/Titania + Electro trick is genuinely cool, but the downside is that Electro needs a power action to do his teleport, and he doesn't even have willpower. So he pops out of an object and then stands still for two turns -- and Absorby/Titania are going to be in melee range, so if he's jumping to them, he'll be in melee range too and easy meat for anyone who wants to punch him.

That said, if those are the pieces you've got (I note that they're all pretty old so I'm guessing your collection is a limiting factor here) and that's a team that'll make you happy to play it, then play it. Go get whomped, it's the best way to learn.

That's kind of what I figured.

I'm at the "I own wayyy too much crap I never play", and for the moment, just want to play fun pieces, regardless of winning or losing. But I also don't want to finish my round in 5 minutes and be waiting to get wiped out again.

I think we have a 700-point 'everything goes' thing coming up where I might try that combo.

So for this game, maybe I'll do:

NFAOS051 Steve Rogers
DP202 Daredevil
AVAS017 Falcon
WKM15-009 Agent Venom
CATWS013 Agent 13
Total: 500

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Red posted:

So for this game, maybe I'll do:

NFAOS051 Steve Rogers
DP202 Daredevil
AVAS017 Falcon
WKM15-009 Agent Venom
CATWS013 Agent 13
Total: 500
That's a solid team.

So hey, Torrent or anyone else who knows: What's the WizKids presence at SDCC like? Is it just the booth where you can buy the exclusives, or are there events too? It sorta looks like they just have the booth and no events

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Heroclix.com has previews of the generic Witch and Warlock as well as Jason Blood and Etrigan. PLUS there's a definition of a new game term "Unique Modifier" which is basically just standardizing some poo poo which is useful.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

CapnAndy posted:

WizKids has announced its 2016 con schedule, and GenCon is conspicuously absent.

Which actually puts me in a bit of a bind, because I thought Origins sucked on toast compared to GenCon and was planning to go back to Indianapolis this year.

Heroclix is far and away still my main game, even for as truncated as WizKids was at GenCon I was still there most of the daylight hours, so them not being there at all is a mixed bag. If they do nothing, the one thing I devote the most time and energy to won't be there so in one respect its not worth it for me to go all the way from Seattle; on the other hand, the stuff I got to do outside of clix and all the time I spent hanging out with goons made last year my favorite of my short GenCon attendance history.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

So it looks like I'm gonna play in an actual ROC super qualifier. 400 Limited.

My first thought on building some teams is that 400 is waaaay too easy to break.

I made this without even thinking.

Nick Fury x 2
Jason of Sparta
Captain America
General Lane or Bucky

Soldier theme. Good luck if I win map.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
There's an ROC Super Qualifier coming up in Durham on the 23rd that I'm going to. Current scuttlebutt is that the team to beat is a full dial Nimrod with Juston Seyfert. I gotta admit, that pairing's going to blow up a lot of stuff, and unless you really, really screw up or crit miss constantly, it's going to be an uphill battle for your opponent.

The only team I've bothered to put together is-

Chase Wonder Woman at full dial
Artemis
Amazon x2
Amazons ATA
396 pts

It's a competent team, with room for something else if I want. You're at -1 attack and damage if you're swinging on someone who isn't Wonder Woman, and the Sisterhood tokens off of the cannon fodder can make for a clutch hit when I need it. It'll probably get me into the finals, but I doubt it'll win the day.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

The Grammar Aryan posted:

There's an ROC Super Qualifier coming up in Durham on the 23rd that I'm going to. Current scuttlebutt is that the team to beat is a full dial Nimrod with Juston Seyfert.
Seems like a Green Power Battery shuts that down quick enough.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

There's an ROC Super Qualifier coming up in Durham on the 23rd that I'm going to. Current scuttlebutt is that the team to beat is a full dial Nimrod with Juston Seyfert. I gotta admit, that pairing's going to blow up a lot of stuff, and unless you really, really screw up or crit miss constantly, it's going to be an uphill battle for your opponent.

The 2 nick team would wipe the floor with that team. No pulse wave, hypersonic, new directive, or Juston outwit if I am running General Lane, I'm going to own half the map and say you can't target me so there will be no moving up and punching me. Next turn you are going to take 10 clicks of penetrating damage and I am going to further counter everything you have. No way to heal means I win.

That said, if you aren't running an eye team specifically built to screw monsters like that? I agree that things could be very difficult. 3 attacks a turn are nothing to sneeze at.

CapnAndy posted:

Seems like a Green Power Battery shuts that down quick enough.

It's limited format right now. No resources. Only ATA's, Themes, and Bystanders.

Morand fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jan 15, 2016

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

So no posts about the amazing Poison Ivy they previewed yesterday?

Hi. I'm poison Ivy. I'm going to Mind Control your Superman to paste your batman and then he's going to base me. Did I mention he can't attack me now and if you attack me I'll be borrowing his impervious on top of my senses and shape change? No? Too bad.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

There's been a lot of Heroclix previews and news about upcoming stuff lately. World's Finest, apart from some great singles, is largely a pass for me - same as Superman/Wonder Woman. Through trading and buying 4 SM/WW boosters, I've gotten Mxy, Cap Atom, Green Light, Power Girl, Guardian, and Maxima. I'm set there.

However, the upcoming X-Men set has me excited:

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Do I have to do it like this?

Morand posted:

So no posts about the amazing Poison Ivy they previewed yesterday?

Hi. I'm poison Ivy. I'm going to Mind Control your Superman to paste your batman and then he's going to base me. Did I mention he can't attack me now and if you attack me I'll be borrowing his impervious on top of my senses and shape change? No? Too bad.

The non Prime version is nasty too. It's a power action, but getting the Net Construct with a full smoke cloud worth of markers and the chance for action tokens and penetrating damage is strong.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

So let's say I have a Sinestro Corps battery, Sinestro ring, and a yellow decoy construct, and place it on the 270-point Future Ultron.

He can already use Perplex on his top click, but now the battery gives him the ability to use Perplex as well, but only to decrease values.

My question is: Does the battery's use of perplex stack? If not, do you have to technically declare each time which Perplex you're using?

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Red posted:

So let's say I have a Sinestro Corps battery, Sinestro ring, and a yellow decoy construct, and place it on the 270-point Future Ultron.

He can already use Perplex on his top click, but now the battery gives him the ability to use Perplex as well, but only to decrease values.

My question is: Does the battery's use of perplex stack? If not, do you have to technically declare each time which Perplex you're using?

They're both Perplex, which is a free action, and you can't take the same free action more than once per round. The source doesn't matter, as it's still the same action. It used to be that, if you had a power on your dial, you couldn't use it from another source (even if that other source were better, like characters with Smoke Cloud couldn't use the free Smoke Cloud granted by a Net construct), but that's been changed to let you choose the source. Technically, yeah, you'd have to declare which Perplex you were using, but since neither of them have a special effect beyond changing values, I doubt anybody would call you on it in that case.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Red posted:

What Torrent said, but to be clear: no, they don't stack. You choose one or the other.

Edit:

DaMangoSentinel posted:

The non Prime version is nasty too. It's a power action, but getting the Net Construct with a full smoke cloud worth of markers and the chance for action tokens and penetrating damage is strong.

In keeping with this, you'd have to choose between either her traited Smoke Cloud or the Net's Smoke Cloud. The break-away-or-damage part of it especially depends on it being "these Smoke Cloud markers" and not just any Smoke Cloud markers.

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jan 22, 2016

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

ManiacClown posted:

In keeping with this, you'd have to choose between either her traited Smoke Cloud or the Net's Smoke Cloud. The break-away-or-damage part of it especially depends on it being "these Smoke Cloud markers" and not just any Smoke Cloud markers.

I think he was saying her trait was like the Net's special power, not that she'd be great paired with it. :v:

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Mutant Headcrab posted:

I think he was saying her trait was like the Net's special power, not that she'd be great paired with it. :v:

This is why I shouldn't post when it's getting near bedtime.

Edit: Looking at it again, they specify "as if she had a range of 6." Smoke Cloud has a minimum Range of 6 already. I wonder if this portends them changing it in the 2016 rules, like maybe dropping it to 4.

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jan 22, 2016

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Well the incoming blizzard has nixed any chance of me making the ROC event on Saturday so I figure I'll share the three teams I was considering with you guys in case you are going to the Catskills or North Carolina.

Team 1 Nicks (Soldier Themed)

2 Balls of Fury
50 point Cap from the original Avengers Fast Forces
Jason of Sparta
General Lane OR Aldrich Killian
Gamma Bomb

Basically you own half the map, can counter anything, and have a turn of nope you can't target me. Laugh so hard at Nimrod teams.

Team 2 Debuff (No Theme)

Red Son Wonder Woman at her lower value
Rainbow Raider
Nighthawk Prime
Dr. Demonicus
Atomica
A 30 point Ultron Drone (Probably Age of Ultron for me)
Gamma Bomb or Helmet of Fate

The idea here is that Rainbow Raider hands out a -1 to all combat values. Attack anyone not named Wonder Woman, and feel free to enjoy an extra -1 Attack and Damage and Nighthawk says you won't be modifying any of this back up. Demonicus's pogs become nigh unhittable with a -2 attack and a +3 defense from the doc's +2 and WW's +1.

Team 3 Koriander (Warrior Theme)

LE Koriander
SOG Starfire
Red Hood and the outlaws TA x 2
Rocket Racoon
AOU Thor at 100 (Jonah Hex also a possibility)
Damaged Warbot
Bat Signal
Damaged Warbot
2 FI pogs

The Outlaws ATA is an amazing overlooked TA. Says that you can't have LOF drawn to you by their highest point character. With their respective outsider TA's they don't care about any Nighthawk prime debuff nonsense. Thor can drop Jane or Jonah can drop the doc. If you get too hurt a pog can batsignal you on back to be healed. My buddy showing me this team is why I considered putting Aldrich on the Nick Force instead of Lane. It is literally the only way the nicks have a chance against this team.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

ManiacClown posted:

Edit: Looking at it again, they specify "as if she had a range of 6." Smoke Cloud has a minimum Range of 6 already. I wonder if this portends them changing it in the 2016 rules, like maybe dropping it to 4.

Smoke Cloud (and Barrier) are a minimum 4, so she's sneaking a couple extra squares. Plus, defining the range of 6 means that she can't get a Sniper Rifle to toss the Smoke 10 out.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Torrent posted:

Smoke Cloud (and Barrier) are a minimum 4, so she's sneaking a couple extra squares. Plus, defining the range of 6 means that she can't get a Sniper Rifle to toss the Smoke 10 out.

Oh, right, I was thinking of the 6 markers. Yes, that does prevent any Sniper Rifle shenanigans given that the Rifle is before any other replacements.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Interesting format this week: 400 points and Mind Control may be used on friendly characters. Any time MC is used it deals 1 unavoidable damage, or 2 if the total point values are 150+, but if you can successfully chain three uses of Mind Control then no members of the chain take damage.

I've been trying to think of people that have some benefit that cues just off of hitting with an attack, rather than specifically hitting an opposing character. For example, SR Steve Rogers triggers Prob for Shield characters when he hits with any attack, whereas the Rally trait of the generics requires hitting an opposing character. Basically I want to buff myself as much as possible right out of the gate by exploiting being able to attack my own characters.

I'm presently super tempted to run 50 point SR Iron Man possessed by Predator so I can give anybody I want MC, though an MC denial team using Wrath or Nighthawk Prime could be equally entertaining.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Figures.com got a WF Brick to open. They revealed the dial for Will Magnus (Gives Metal Men avengers/jla ta effect), Monsieur Mallah with detachable Brain, and Alloy who can break off into other metal men instead of being KO'd

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Sanschel posted:

Interesting format this week: 400 points and Mind Control may be used on friendly characters. Any time MC is used it deals 1 unavoidable damage, or 2 if the total point values are 150+, but if you can successfully chain three uses of Mind Control then no members of the chain take damage.

I've been trying to think of people that have some benefit that cues just off of hitting with an attack, rather than specifically hitting an opposing character. For example, SR Steve Rogers triggers Prob for Shield characters when he hits with any attack, whereas the Rally trait of the generics requires hitting an opposing character. Basically I want to buff myself as much as possible right out of the gate by exploiting being able to attack my own characters.

I'm presently super tempted to run 50 point SR Iron Man possessed by Predator so I can give anybody I want MC, though an MC denial team using Wrath or Nighthawk Prime could be equally entertaining.

Safe to assume there will be plenty of the Doctor, to punish friendly Mind Control uses. But, if you're looking for benefits from just hitting with attacks, you could go with some Flash speedsters and Predator, so they can just hang out in your starting area hitting each other with Charge/Sidestep Mind Controls and building up the Speed tokens that way.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Scott Porter did another unboxing today. Opened a Supergirl as a female fury. No dial info but an amazing trait and special power.

Trait - When Supergirl hits with an attack, after actions resolve give each hit character an action token. If one or more hit characters were unable to be given an action token, remove an action token from Supergirl. If one or more hit characters can use the Batman Ally, Justice League, or Superman Ally team ability, heal her of one click.
Special attack power - Scatter the human rabble: Supergirl can use Super Strength and Quake. When Supergirl has 2 action tokens, she uses Quake as a free action.
Starts with 12 Running Shot, 11 Psychic Blast, 18 Invincible, 4 damage.

Apokolips continues to be the most amazing army. Sadly they are very much an army and not a strike force. Critical mass needs 800-1000 minimum. As it goes higher it only gets more ridiculous.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

This weekend is 600 points Golden Age. The event is Clone Wars, which means that for every character on your force you must have at least one other representation of that character, either by printed name or real name. I figured this would be as good a time as any to trot out my three SLOSH #206 Triplicate Girls. I'm thinking a team with a Battery (leading candidate Red so the copies can use Poison, even if it's normal), which would allow the copies to use whatever power the Construct gives that sculpted Triplicate Girl, most notably either CCE or Exploit Weakness. Additionally, Legion Lost would let me use Superman Enemy, giving the sculpted Triplicate Girls Outwit as long as they're adjacent to somebody else because they're the highest-point characters in the build. Them having Outwit would mean the copies would be able to use it too, which could b dynamite for the Poison. The below team is 575, which leaves room for some feats or for including two copies of the sadly non-wild card Matter-Eater Lad bystander. Gates totes the Trips around and the Phantom Girls are anti-object with the SLOSH version semi-shutting down opposing resources.
pre:
SLOSH206	Triplicate Girl	87
SLOSH022	Gates		60
SLOSH022	Gates		60
LS005		Phantom Girl	40
SLOSH008	Phantom Girl	72
**ATA		Legion Lost x7	28
WOLR102		Red Battery	2
		Red Ring	8
		Boxing Glove	8
		Stop Sign	8
		Scissors	8
		Decoy		6
		Wall		10
		Bulldozer	4
Ideas on how to fill in the points? I guess I could throw In Contact with Oracle on a couple of the Triplicate Girls to help with their AVs. If I do, I could put Drag on whoever I plan on giving the Stop Sign to so I can drop fools off elevated for damage.

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jan 26, 2016

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

This weekend is 600 points Golden Age. The event is Clone Wars, which means that for every character on your force you must have at least one other representation of that character, either by printed name or real name. I figured this would be as good a time as any to trot out my three SLOSH #206 Triplicate Girls. I'm thinking a team with a Battery (leading candidate Red so the copies can use Poison, even if it's normal), which would allow the copies to use whatever power the Construct gives that sculpted Triplicate Girl, most notably either CCE or Exploit Weakness. Additionally, Legion Lost would let me use Superman Enemy, giving the sculpted Triplicate Girls Outwit as long as they're adjacent to somebody else because they're the highest-point characters in the build. Them having Outwit would mean the copies would be able to use it too, which could b dynamite for the Poison. The below team is 575, which leaves room for some feats or for including two copies of the sadly non-wild card Matter-Eater Lad bystander. Gates totes the Trips around and the Phantom Girls are anti-object with the SLOSH version semi-shutting down opposing resources.
pre:
SLOSH022	Gates		60
SLOSH022	Gates		60
LS005		Phantom Girl	40
SLOSH008	Phantom Girl	72
**ATA		Legion Lost x7	28
WOLR102		Red Battery	2
		Red Ring	8
		Boxing Glove	8
		Stop Sign	8
		Scissors	8
		Decoy		6
		Wall		10
		Bulldozer	4
Ideas on how to fill in the points? I guess I could throw In Contact with Oracle on a couple of the Triplicate Girls to help with their AVs. If I do, I could put Drag on whoever I plan on giving the Stop Sign to so I can drop fools off elevated for damage.

The Pummel Feat seems like a good option for a team heavy on super senses.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Morand posted:

Scott Porter did another unboxing today. Opened a Supergirl as a female fury. No dial info but an amazing trait and special power.

Trait - When Supergirl hits with an attack, after actions resolve give each hit character an action token. If one or more hit characters were unable to be given an action token, remove an action token from Supergirl. If one or more hit characters can use the Batman Ally, Justice League, or Superman Ally team ability, heal her of one click.
Special attack power - Scatter the human rabble: Supergirl can use Super Strength and Quake. When Supergirl has 2 action tokens, she uses Quake as a free action.
Starts with 12 Running Shot, 11 Psychic Blast, 18 Invincible, 4 damage.

Apokolips continues to be the most amazing army. Sadly they are very much an army and not a strike force. Critical mass needs 800-1000 minimum. As it goes higher it only gets more ridiculous.

Yikes, she's gotta be above 200 right?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Waffles Inc. posted:

Yikes, she's gotta be above 200 right?
200 on the nose.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

200 on the nose.

3 lines . 200/150/100

Red
Apr 15, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9GVkLO8Y2s

Chase KC Wonder Woman gets reviewed.

Red fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jan 26, 2016

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Red posted:

Chase KC Wonder Woman gets reviewed.

Hahaha. 140 points for a 13 attack. Why the hell not.

Serious note I do like then 25 point effect. I thought they were going to make her an entity which would make me cry but making her an uber medic that then decides she needs to kick rear end is ok with me.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Quadruple preview! Four Batmans, with a nifty trait that lets you shift between them as a free action, but no more than once a turn.

One of them has hyper-OOTS, one of them has a 12 attack, one of them has outwit that can last two turns and persist even if he shifts away, one is a standard ranged attacker who only looks bad compared to the other three.

Oh and they're 60 points.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
I played in the Super Q in Durham over the weekend, despite the horrible sheets of ice, and decided to steal Morand's double Nick soldier team, with Lane instead of Killian. Let it be known that if one Nick can get the job done, two Nicks can clean the map handily. And yes, I laughed heartily at a Juston/Nimrod team that nearly threw in the towel when I ported up the map and completely shut down his team. I definitely wouldn't have done nearly as well if I had gone with the Amazons team, especially with the low turnout- only 11 players altogether.

Top 8 were-

A Super Skrull/Mole Man team with Engineer and Copycat- this is the one I wound up losing to in the prelims, then beating in the finals, but Copycat stealing Jason really hampered things for me.

A Spy team with Nick, Blind Al, Agent 13, Fantomex, and Monica Chang.

Four Red Tornadoes, eaten alive by the aforementioned Super Skrull team.

Two Juston/Nimrod teams

A Juston/Ragnarok team with some filler, whose player kept trying to tell the Juston/Nimrod players that since they didn't state who Juston's Sentinel was at the start, couldn't use the Sentinel trait.

A team that had two Ultron (Futures) on table and other bits, but I never played against, and got pasted by a Juston/Nimrod team.

And me. Thanks, Morand!

So, I guess I'm going to the regional in Atlanta now? I'll need to get actually good at building serious teams in the next few months.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Hey goones, I'm thinking about getting into heroclix because I am a giant nerd, and it's kinda cheap to start + I love the characters already.

I live in Madrid and there seems to be a healthy community.

My question is, which starters should I look out for? There's a dude selling the Avengers Movie starter but that seems pretty old. He also has the AvX x-men starter (is this a thing or is he unclear and selling something else?) And the hobbit starter. I'm hitting a few stores after payday to see what I can find, too.

Or should I just buy a few single pieces first and wait for a future starter/forget about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Hahaha! I'm counting this as a win by proxy. And you didn't steal anything, I posted it and said feel free to use and you did! Congrats on the win!

I played in the Super Q in Durham over the weekend, despite the horrible sheets of ice, and decided to steal Morand's double Nick soldier team, with Lane instead of Killian. Let it be known that if one Nick can get the job done, two Nicks can clean the map handily. And yes, I laughed heartily at a Juston/Nimrod team that nearly threw in the towel when I ported up the map and completely shut down his team. I definitely wouldn't have done nearly as well if I had gone with the Amazons team, especially with the low turnout- only 11 players altogether.

Top 8 were-

A Super Skrull/Mole Man team with Engineer and Copycat- this is the one I wound up losing to in the prelims, then beating in the finals, but Copycat stealing Jason really hampered things for me.

A Spy team with Nick, Blind Al, Agent 13, Fantomex, and Monica Chang.

Four Red Tornadoes, eaten alive by the aforementioned Super Skrull team.

Two Juston/Nimrod teams

A Juston/Ragnarok team with some filler, whose player kept trying to tell the Juston/Nimrod players that since they didn't state who Juston's Sentinel was at the start, couldn't use the Sentinel trait.

A team that had two Ultron (Futures) on table and other bits, but I never played against, and got pasted by a Juston/Nimrod team.

And me. Thanks, Morand!

So, I guess I'm going to the regional in Atlanta now? I'll need to get actually good at building serious teams in the next few months.

• Locked thread