Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

thebardyspoon posted:

They announced a new X men set as well. First Class, got an X Factor fast forces,the characters who've been headmaster of the school and a bunch of characters I've not heard of which is kinda cool, means I end up looking them up and finding new stories to read.

But are we getting 90s Beast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Last night was 400 points, no figure on your Force could come from Earth. I went with a couple of Cosmic crushers in Championpool and In-Betweener with the night vision goggles (which I never once needed nor rolled for).

Round 1 vs 300 Chanos and DXF Death. This was worrisome because Chanos' stat swap power would make Champion completely worthless, so I quickly slapped him with the Stealth panel and walked into hindering, dragging IB with. Death moved up and I Sidestepped Champion away so IB could copy her powers and pulse wave her with doubles, dropping her off elevation for a KO. She respawned and I moved Champion up towards Thanos, taking a shot on the way. IB hopped his way up the scattered hindering towards Thanos but kept getting tied down by Death, who thankfully couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Champion managed to base Thanos while also landing in hindering so I no longer had to worry about my 5 speed becoming my attack. IB killed Death again and Champion walloped Thanos onto his Stone Golem clicks. He started churning them out and finally he was able to hit me with something, anything. I busied Champion with defeating Golems while IB kept stealing Death's Psy Blast and popping her to respawn. Eventually we got tired and KO'd Chanos, but not before KOing death 7 times for a score of 1000.

Round 2 vs In-Betweener and Gorr the God Butcher :metal: He chose Wakanda and I had Champion equip Stealth and carry IB to the goggles. I miscalculated Gorr's reach and he charged to deal 5 via Exploit to my IB. In return Champion smashed him with an ultra heavy for 6 after Impervious and IB phased back but missed his shot. He cleared and I missed with IB and cleared Champion; Gorr away and flew back to IB, my Champion Sidestepped to block LoF between the two IBs. Gorr flew up and dropped his IB so he could see mine to copy Perplex, but I kept sidling Champion to shut off LoF; this happened for a few turns before he was pushed and I could my IB to Psy blast Gorr to death. His IB cleared and then fell to a one-two punch of Psy Blast and Champion with my IB, which activated his IB's Trait; because mine had taken so much damage he was getting a KO either way so I took the 3 unavoidable to IB to give him the better points.

Round 3 vs Saint Walker, Hymn, two Recruits and Adara possessed WW Starfire. He won map and chose the bell tower, and despite my best efforts landed a 6 damage hit on Champion on turn 2. I knew I was screwed going in so I just had Champion plop IB next to his guys, but Champion soon fell to TK and the Perplex/Prob barrage. I stole Starfire's EE and managed to land a hit that damaged everyone on his team, but didn't survive another turn to do anything useful of that. I did KO a recruit for losing In-Betweener though!

Overall Champion remains very fun and my favorite Deadpool chase just for how ridiculous he is and how much fun it is to talk like Macho Man Randy Savage. In-Betweener is a blast, he's more defensive version of his old figure who relies more on proper placement to get the most out of the two powers he can pick. His biggest weakness is that he isn't a giant, despite being bigger than Champion, because it means he gets mired in the hindering terrain he relies on for Stealth. With 12 speed he can still usually make it to another square of hindering on most maps, but he desperately needs a TK or taxi. The "gently caress you for KOing me" trait is awesome and I loved that you get doubly punished for killing him between that and Mystics.

Red posted:

But are we getting 90s Beast?
Maybe! The fast forces has Rusty and Skids and the original X-Men not named Angel so it could be 90s originals or the 80s X-Factor ones.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Next week is 600 Golden where all characters on your force must be either Prime or unique, including old gold- and bronze-ringed LEs. I'm looking at a team roughly like this, which goes with my intent to run a team entirely of Unique and LE versions of Iron Man.
pre:
SV217	Iron Man	160
↑FEAT	Stunning Blow	10
MU200	Iron Man	100
AW214	Tony Stark	150
AW218	Anthony Stark	100
WOLR100	Green Battery	2
	Green Ring	8
	Shield		8
	Wall		10
	Crossbow	10
	Decoy		6
	Spotlight	6
	Catapult	10
?FEAT	Trick Shot	20
---------------------------
		Total:	600
		Theme:	N/A
The ? on Trick Shot is because I'm not sure who to give it and the Crossbow to. Nobody has less than an 8 Range, so everyone's a ranged bomb. I could give it to NGN Iron Man, but I'm already giving him Stunning Blow and I don't want to overload one character with feats. I'm not sure about using the Catapult because everyone's potentially an attacker, though Anthony Stark's 9 AV could relegate him to pure support. The main reason he's on there is the 8-Range Outwit, which makes him a prime candidate for the Spotlight. I'm thinking FCBD Iron Man might be the best for the Crossbow/Trick Shot combo because I could give Tony Stark the Shield for permanent ES/D and then with the Crossbow/Trick Shot I could potentially Trick Shot/Energy Explode into a cluster because most people at my venue have never played with feats. Maybe instead of the Crossbow I could use the Stop Sign because it gives Plasticity, which is the other (easily-forgotten) prerequisite for Trick Shot and which would help keep me from being tied up for Running Shots.

Thoughts? I'd like to make this gimmick team work because it's one I've got the figures for and I think Team House Party could actually be viable given that resources are allowed— if they weren't, I'd also use the Armor Wars Unique Iron Man.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
So you won't get an official answer from wizkids but I remember way back when that it was ruled you needed to be able to meet the pre-reqs on your dial to assign a feat, you couldn't get them elsewhere and then assign it. I rememeber alot of people wanted to use Oracle and an outwitter/perplexer to make anyone a Brilliant Tactician. I'd ask your judge.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Morand posted:

So you won't get an official answer from wizkids but I remember way back when that it was ruled you needed to be able to meet the pre-reqs on your dial to assign a feat, you couldn't get them elsewhere and then assign it. I rememeber alot of people wanted to use Oracle and an outwitter/perplexer to make anyone a Brilliant Tactician. I'd ask your judge.

Do you recall roughly when they issued that? I don't remember it and I just checked the last version of the Player's Guide and I don't see it under the Feats section.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

Do you recall roughly when they issued that? I don't remember it and I just checked the last version of the Player's Guide and I don't see it under the Feats section.

It was so loving long ago I don't remember, and good luck finding anything official

Edit: nevermind, apparently that rule was killed a long time ago? I found this on the realms

http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=548393

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Had our Dormammu game tonight, it was 400 Marvel What If half-floor, I went with ADW Worldbreaker, Oni Leader, and five Oni Hulks. Rounds 1 & 2 I faced identical Runaways teams of the lot from WI? and both played out the same: trod my Hulks up and make a shield wall of Oni Hulks, one or two died, and then Hulk got knocked to his stop click at which point he would one-hit KO figures over the next few turns aided by Leader's Outwit (round 1 it was Nico, Iron Lad, Karolina; Round 2 it was Chase, Iron Lad, Karolina). My first round opponent made good use of Chase and Old Lace to whittle away all of my Hulks but Bruce, and was down to Gert, Lace, and Chase. A good blades roll managed to get Hulk to last click, but I'd never cleared and right as time was called he whiffed hi attack and I moved on. Round 2 he never had the chance to hang up on me as much but that also meant my super-Quake wasn't as effective. Won round 2 with only two dead Oni but I wasn't even at 500 points between both rounds so going in to round 3 I knew I wasn't taking first even if I won.

My opponent the last round had Goblin king at full (one of four being played, but one of the two that lost to the other GKs), Nico, and Hellcow. Mad props to using Hellcow, she was a good choice with Sidestep/Flight/Support and many stop clicks. I rushed forward faster than in the other games, knowing that letting Gobbie pick off Hulks meant he would just run the whole game when it got to a point I couldn't catch him. He had no choice but to swing on Hulk and nailed him to stop click with Flurry but missed the second attack. Hulk walloped him for 8, down to 4 thanks to invincible; he TK'd Gobby away and hunkered down again, I knew not to let up and colossal pushed Hulk to try and murder him but crit missed. It was a lost game after that; Exploit did in Hulk and I couldn't even tag Hellcow so I folded.

Hulk was fun and Leader's ridiculous Outwits (at one point I had five) help Hulk put things down for good. The lack of prob hurts immensely though, and after Outwit he desperately needs some insurance to avoid the crit misses. It was a baller team though and I'm glad I took the jade giants for a spin.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
I ran our Elseworlds sealed tonight. Had about twice the turnout of the What If...? sealed, which was nice. Had two chases pulled, Batman and Superman. Supes was pulled by the guy who just always seems to pull the best figure in sealed - same guy who got Goblin King in What If and Worldbreaker in Avengers/Defenders.

I had pretty good pulls, and we had an odd number of players, so I ended up running a team of Leatherwing and the Bat-God for the bye rounds.

Round one was against the common Wonder Woman, Marshal Diana, Nail Wonder Woman, and Another Nail Green Lantern. This is the team that actually ended up winning the event, and they gave me a tough time. I got to pick at them from range for a bit, taking out Diana before my opponent was able to attack, but then he dropped the common one in front of me, forcing me to either deal with the mystics or take a beating, while Hal kept Pulse Waving. My only saving grace was that Hal utterly sucked... he hit his first Pulse Wave to wound the Bat-God, but whiffed every hit after that. I took down the common, but then it was time to deal with the Wonder Woman from the Nail. Hit her to her STOP click with Robin Redblade, forgetting that doing so would give my whole team action tokens, so I couldn't follow up and Robin got pushed to death. It was a slugfest after that, but Wonder Woman went down to a lucky sword slash from Leatherwing, and Hal ran out of his charge tokens, so that was that.

Round two was against Dale Suderman, a Templar, another Marshall Diana, and Nail Batman. Dale zipped in for the alpha strike and pinged the Bat-God for 1, but that put him onto his Outwit click, so Leatherwing was able to blast Dale to the STOP click with some cannon fire, then since Dale's STOP is a damage power, Bat-God was able to Outwit his Impervious and finish him off. Templar was sacrificed to buy enough time for Batman to run up, and we had a big ol' Bat-fight for about ten minutes. Not much strategy, just tossing dice back and forth, and eventually the Batman knelt before the Bat-God.

Final round actually gave me the most trouble, which is rare when I'm doing byes. Sinestro, Nail GL, and Flashpoint Flash - pretty much a whole team that did not care one whit about my Stealth. Sinestro opened things up with a 4-damage Pulse Wave on Bat-God, but lucky for me, GL missed his giant reach punch follow-up. So it became a game of prioritizing the Stealth-busters... cannon fire took Sinestro off his Pulse Wave, and the Bat-God managed to RCE GL past his giant reach power, but right onto his 'super charge a friend' power, which he promptly did to the Flash, who smashed Leatherwing to his end dial. The subsequent damage to GL put him onto TK, with Sinestro also on TK, and me surrounded by objects. We took down Sinestro, and would've taken down GL, but Flash took the bullet and went into Sidestep/Outwit mode, which was enough to keep up with me and strand Leatherwing outside of hindering, but his dice went cold. Managed to take down the brave and the bold, but it was a very near thing.

The sculpt reuse is rather disappointing, but this set was a blast to play in sealed. Really hope that this ends up being the one that gets used at Gen-Con!

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Sadly I'll be missing the sealed game at one venue, so I have to hope an odd number show up on Sunday that I can actually play.

I was super excited for this set and I've already grabbed six boosters, getting Sergeant Kent, knife hands Diana Prince, Flying Batman, and Dark Knight Batman; this already puts me ahead of the eight boosters of What If where I only pulled Advocate (although two of my three rares so far were Drummer). I then immediately traded Flying Batman for Elijah Snow which made me happy even if I won't be playing Planetary anytime soon.

If I could trade Diana Prince for Leatherwing or Colonel Wayne then I'd just need to nab the other one, the KCs, Jakita, Zod, and Dale Suderman (SportsClix' triumphant return!), and I guess Carrie Kelly since it doesn't seem right to have Bats without her, and I'd be done with this set.

Edit: Our resident Midas touch got to the shop five minutes before me today and pulled DKR Superman; he also pulled Gobbie, Poison, and five separate ADW chases. Some people just have magic for pulls.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jul 21, 2017

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Sanschel posted:

Edit: Our resident Midas touch got to the shop five minutes before me today and pulled DKR Superman; he also pulled Gobbie, Poison, and five separate ADW chases. Some people just have magic for pulls.

I hate these people so much. Now you know everything else on the wall is garbage too.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I just dug out my figures for Team House Party tonight. When I found Anthony Stark he was still in his old-fashioned LE box (as they all are if they came that way). However, I was somewhat shocked to find that he's still in his bag. In over a decade of having the figure, I've apparently NEVER used it.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

It's been brought to my attention that there's a guy who frequents our venue that uses a small flashlight to peek into the tops of boosters and cherry pick them when the staff are occupied (HeroClix are on a shelf behind a partition so it isn't hard to kneel down and stay hidden). He buys a lot, probably more HeroClix the shop gets goes to him than anyone else, which has in and of itself actually been detrimental as it means the boosters we add to the prize pool for bigger tournaments are old unsold crap instead of anything produced within the last two years, but I digress.

Have any of you encountered this issue before? I admit the temptation has been there but I accept the gamble as part of the allure of the game, personally. This just feels like cheating the other players out of decent pieces. I intend to discuss this with the owner but I'd like to have suggestions for how to approach it. Is it feasible to tape down each individual booster that winds up on the shelf instead of in a sealed brick? Should I have them keep HeroClix on a shelf behind the counter like they used to? Should I just have a word with player first and ask him to stop (which if he's doing it then I'm assuming others are as well)?

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jul 24, 2017

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Sanschel posted:

It's been brought to my attention that there's a guy who frequents our venue that uses a small flashlight to peek into the tops of boosters and cherry pick them when the staff are occupied (HeroClix are on a shelf behind a partition so it isn't hard to kneel down and stay hidden). He buys a lot, probably more HeroClix the shop gets goes to him than anyone else, which has in and of itself actually been detrimental as it means the boosters we add to the prize pool for bigger tournaments are old unsold crap instead of anything produced within the last two years, but I digress.

Have any of you encountered this issue before? I admit the temptation has been there but I accept the gamble as part of the allure of the game, personally. This just feels like cheating the other players out of decent pieces. I intend to discuss this with the owner but I'd like to have suggestions for how to approach it. Is it feasible to tape down each individual booster that winds up on the shelf instead of in a sealed brick? Should I have them keep HeroClix on a shelf behind the counter like they used to? Should I just have a word with player first and ask him to stop (which if he's doing it then I'm assuming others are as well)?

Ugh. This is not a great situation for your players. I don't think you will get much help from the owner. You said that he is a voracious buyer and buys more than anyone else in your store? The owner kinda wants him to keep buying and his hands will be tied. If he only bought like 3-4 boosters and was cherry picking the best poo poo? You'd have a good case that he's hurting overall sales. If he's cherry picking AND buying a shitload of clix? That's harder.

As for confronting the player himself, I've only ever seen this cause a major scene with a shitload of drama. One time a judge tried to do it quietly before a tournament which turned into a huge screaming fit. Another time it caused a bunch of threads to go on the realms about how the store was full of cheating colluders and a bunch of other bullshit. In both instances the dude stopped showing up at the store which was good and bad. In the screaming store it was the beginning of the end of local play there as the owners only gave a gently caress about magic and seeing any sales drop on their end was reason to cut everything. If you alienate the stores top buyer, you'll kinda need your guys to pick up the slack or it could have a bad overall ripple effect.

It's a really lovely situation and I don't see many good ends.

edit: I missed the part where having them move clix behind the counter was an option. Yes just do that. Buyer keeps buying stuff and you don't make a scene.

Morand fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jul 24, 2017

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
We had a similar situation at my local shop. The boosters were kept on the wall of the back room, where we play, so largely unsupervised. Someone took to squeezing the tops to peek in, which was at least easy to notice, since all the boosters ended up with squeezed tops. So now all the boosters are kept back behind the counter. It's just better that way.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Man, hate when you have multiple games where you just cannot roll to save your life. I don't think I rolled above a 4 at all today.

Thor starter has also been sent out to a Clix youtuber, 50 point dials are loving crazy. New rules are embargo'd though so none of those just yet.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I feel your pain, I went 2-1 on Sunday because in the first round I rolled a 4 five goddamn times. And I'm super interested to see the new rules.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Anyone doing/done a ROC States event? Looks like I'm gonna try to be the PA champ.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Morand posted:

Anyone doing/done a ROC States event? Looks like I'm gonna try to be the PA champ.

A guy from my town drove down to Omaha for theirs and took first. I don't know what he or anyone else used, but I can find out what people were running.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Out of curiosity, what are y'all's stores doing for the colossal op events? I went with constructed modern Marvel then DC for the first two and I want the Merc Jet and Titano to have more creative stips, but I'm coming up dry on ideas.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Sanschel posted:

Out of curiosity, what are y'all's stores doing for the colossal op events? I went with constructed modern Marvel then DC for the first two and I want the Merc Jet and Titano to have more creative stips, but I'm coming up dry on ideas.

One store is just doing 300 modern for the invisible jet. Haven't seen other builds yet

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Do I have to do it like this?

Sanschel posted:

We did 600 points constructed for Dormamu and 400 points, fliers only constructed for the Invisible Plane.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Sanschel posted:

Gave out one of each last week, but it was special circumstances, as it was our annual memorial event for one of our players, and that always has a huge prize pool. 400 points, before each tournament round all the teams get laid out, and we have a random draft through to see what you'll be running. Can't pick what you brought, or what you've already played.

Haven't figured out what to do for the rest, yet. I want to do sealed to help recompense the store, but between Elseworlds and upcoming Thor sealed, that's asking a big financial commitment from the players. Maybe do a Thor super booster sealed next month?

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

Sanschel posted:

My local stores have been running Battle Royales, though there's the occasional two-booster sealed event. It's been "whatever booster you want off the wall," though, and the judge has already picked through most of them, so not a ton of interesting stuff.

I did draft the Uncommon Thor from What If, though, and he ran roughshod across the board, KOing something like 9 figures on his own while everyone struggled to hit his 17 Defense.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I won my state title. PA States. There were 21 people there so I'm pretty happy.

I ran:

Jakeem with SI and Eclipso
2 35 point GL's
Dormammu
SHIELD Level 7
Green Arrow ID
Spider Man ID

Sideline was
Cosmic Spider Man
Balls of Fury
NFAOS Hulk
AVDFW Chase Hawkeye
Elseworlds Chase Green Arrow

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

A guy from our venue ran Jakeem and some other things and won both Nebraska (last weekend) and South Dakota (this weekend). I didn't bother trying because I don't have all the meta hotness so I'm not paying $25 to get my add handed to me. Congratulations, Morand!

Next week is straight 500 Golden for colossal Dormammu. I'm trying to think of the nastiest thing I can think of because I do love my shelf porn. I joked that I wanted to try to run a Celebrity team of rich guys or maybe just as many businessmen and lawyers as I could and call it Team I've Come To Bargain. However, currently I'm leaning toward running full-point Trinity of Sin, possibly with a resource, although I'm not sure which to run— I'd think either the Gauntlet or maybe the Phoenix Force. I also considered Avengers Prime but one good hit and they go down hard. I could maybe run the full Shi'ar Imperial Guard. Help me, guys. I can't decide what fuckery to commit.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Fuckery possibly settled: Green Battery, Trinity of Sin with the Shield Construct for a possibly permanent 21 Defense, Brother Voodoo with the Decoy, and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. ATA on Brother Voodoo. The ATA will let Voodoo pop in when someone bases the Trinity, attack, then have an action token on him and Mind Control somebody. It gives him the move-and-attack he needs while exploiting the thing that made him meta when he was part of Modern! My only weakness would be facing another Green Battery, which would prevent me from being able to effectively use Working Together.

Also, they previewed Thunderstrike (the guy and the weapon) today along with the generic Mace. It figures, he's a loving chase. The Thor Corps with their signature weapons is going to be loving chases. drat you, Wizkids, I'm about ready to tell you to shove this game up your asses. When there's a small subset of characters you could put in and let the fans have so they can just have that mini-theme, you keep loving us over. Kingdom Come. DKR. Red Son. The Thors aren't even that high-profile a group, yet because it'll highlight your new fancy equipment you made them goddamn chases. I've been playing for almost 13 loving years and every year it seems like Wizkids gets greedier and greedier, letting marketing dictate design just like they did with that bullshit Pym Tank. "What'll make people buy more cases? Super boosters? Sure! We can do that. OH! What about making the things that really make the set's theme sing chases so they're really rare and expensive? It's brilliant!" gently caress you, Wizkids. Just goddamn gently caress you.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
You're drawing a line from one data point, man. For all we know there isn't even a chase theme at all; AVDW sure didn't have one.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
Plus, we know that Groot Thor is a SR, and others on Realms are mentioning that there's also an Eric Masterson Thor. So, we might have a Superior Foes thing, where Spider-Verse was a chase theme, but was also spread throughout the set.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

When the hell does that Monsters set release again? That's the most interested I've been since... a while.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Father Wendigo posted:

When the hell does that Monsters set release again? That's the most interested I've been since... a while.

End of the month I think. I just ordered a full case from my store

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

CapnAndy posted:

You're drawing a line from one data point, man. For all we know there isn't even a chase theme at all; AVDW sure didn't have one.

Fair enough, but consider that it's a small theme and Wizkids loves low-hanging fruit. Would it surprise you?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
The theme in ADW was different takes on heroes right? Iron Heart, Lady Punisher, Black Panther are different people and then the others are just specific/altered versions of major characters. Seems like as much of a theme as the Avengers Assemble set ones, which were like ultimate versions of the characters.

Definitely pretty annoying when they make characters that have been long requested as a chase. Especially if it's unlikely they'll be made again anytime soon.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

Fair enough, but consider that it's a small theme and Wizkids loves low-hanging fruit. Would it surprise you?
Depending on what you mean by Thor Corps, maybe? We know there's a Masterson Thor and he's not a chase, Jane Thor is an uncommon, Groot Thor is a SR... there's gonna be lots of Thors all over the rarities.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Morand posted:

End of the month I think. I just ordered a full case from my store

Why the hell aren't they previewing that, then?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Father Wendigo posted:

Why the hell aren't they previewing that, then?

Bitch and ye shall receive.

Also, looks like they're just slapping card previews onto that one page. KORG preview (likely a reuse from a Kronan Stone Man generic). Fingers crossed for a finally complete Warbound with Elloe and Hiroim.

Also, Hatut Zeraze is something I've been waiting for for many, many years. I even had mods made. I need to see the White Wolf stat.

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Aug 8, 2017

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

That's satisfyingly nasty for only 35 points. Just swoop around the map going WOOSH through guys and loving their day up because you are a god damned ghost, good times, good times. And giving him the Snowfall TA is funny.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Here's that Colossal Carnage that we all so desperately wanted.

Except not.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

If you're not terrified of that guy you're not reading his card right. For 10 points -- ten points -- you get a figure who can teleport three squares away from somebody, punch them for 3 damage, and then regardless of if he hits or not, spawns a tie-up monster with plasticity, super senses, and shape change next to them... which also has an 11 attack with blades and can immediately attack. He's a nightmare.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I don't think he's saying it's a bad figure. I think he's saying it's a weird choice for one of the 8 colossals they're putting in the set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

thebardyspoon posted:

I don't think he's saying it's a bad figure. I think he's saying it's a weird choice for one of the 8 colossals they're putting in the set.

If this is taking the place of a Josten Goliath, then what the gently caress.

• Locked thread