Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Yeah, I'm saying I don't like Carnage and I'll be happy to trade this guy if I get him for something I do enjoy.

WHERE IS MY COLOSSAL BI-BEAST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Carnage is such a wildly odd choice for a colossal, but I'm happy to have him because he opens up the build potential for Maximum Carnage by a ton. 40 points for a retaltion and three symbioties to run on a smaller team with Shriek and Carrion; TK out Shriek with Carrion and then Carnage carries him into battle, actually getting his slow rear end into the game. Buff up your Carnage family with a 300-350 point Carnage and minions to make your 1000 point Carnage family viable. Slap the ATA on him and be a real rear end in a top hat when he retaliates by dishing out extra damage afterwards. He's a godsend to a team that's been rough to build except in certain point levels.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

CapnAndy posted:

Depending on what you mean by Thor Corps, maybe? We know there's a Masterson Thor and he's not a chase, Jane Thor is an uncommon, Groot Thor is a SR... there's gonna be lots of Thors all over the rarities.

I mean this. The Masterson involved was Masterson Thor rather than Masterson as Thunderstrike in Thor #440-441, but in the miniseries it was Thunderstrike. Mark my words: Beta Ray Bill fans will get shafted, at least if they want him with an equippable Stormbreaker.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
That carnage colossal has potential. Unlike other retaliators, you can't just immediately go after him after the retaliation since you have to deal with a super annoying pog.

Sunday is 500 points figures only (with an exception for ATA's)

I have choice lock for this event in that I just got a ton of AVDFW and What If and Elseworlds in and there are just so many goddamn options.

My first thought was I wanted to do the chase superman from Elseworlds, a couple tanks and some army guys and just declare that Superman was fighting communists all day until that Jerk Andy told me he is running a team with the Chase Batman AND Green Arrow. Since Superman really likes his defense powers I am probably gonna scrap it.

Give me some fun ideas! Assume I have everything

vvv:argh:vvv

Morand fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Aug 11, 2017

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
You should run DKR Superman, a couple tanks, and some army guys.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Well, poo poo. I remembered that you can't assign resources to a team base, so the Shield is out. I'm still considering a variant of that team where I use the Orange Battery. I'd still use full Trinity of Sin and maybe Brother Voodoo with the Battery having the Sniper Rifle and Decoy (so I could give him Shape Change and if need be a 10 Range instead), but a better idea might be HoT Nico Minoru so I can abuse her pick-a-power with Emotional Spectrum: Greed. A big threat to ToS has Precision Strike? Nico calls it every other turn and the Battery takes it. Pulse Wave? Of course. Invincible? Definitely, then ToS plugs it. I'm just not sure if that would be too gimmicky, as knocking Nico out removes that entire tactic. Then again, knocking Nico out means they're not working on ToS, plus she shouldn't be up near the action anyway.

Edit: Another idea that just occurred to me and isn't so all-my-eggs-in-one-basket is BVS #016 Superman, FFSOG Black Canary, FFSOG ORacle, and TabApp TABD-002 Batman for a Justice League theme. I could go either Symbiote and Weapon Drop with the old-school Dumpster for Superman HSS abuse (while it's still legal to do so) and throw Ambush on Superman and Running Start on Black Canary. Alternately, I could forego the Dumpster and give Superman the Utility Belt instead of using special objects, then let him tote around a couple Ultra-Heavies. In either case Oracle lets him be extra mobile. I'm leaning toward the Utility Belt because that way I can have him be outdoors and take advantage or Powered By The Yellow Sun to heal if need be. With Superman flying around murdering things Batman would get to pop around probably relatively ignored, also murdering things with Charge/Flurry plus Perplex. Furthermore, instead of Ambush I could maybe use either the Justice League or Justice League Dark ATAs— more likely the former.

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Aug 11, 2017

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Yeah I think TOS is one of the weakest team bases there is. If I was doing that event and going must win mode I'd probably run a green lantern just because of how bad it always tends to gently caress over the unprepared. Though your plan with the Orange Battery is a good one? Got a SLOSH White Witch? Nothing better then loving with power AND modifiers mapwide.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Morand posted:

Yeah I think TOS is one of the weakest team bases there is. If I was doing that event and going must win mode I'd probably run a green lantern just because of how bad it always tends to gently caress over the unprepared. Though your plan with the Orange Battery is a good one? Got a SLOSH White Witch? Nothing better then loving with power AND modifiers mapwide.

I do not, unfortunately. However, see the team idea I edited in.

Edit: Oh, and which Orange Battery plan is the good one— the one with Brother Voodoo or Nico? I'd assume Nico.

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 11, 2017

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

The first carded Executioner, and first one in over 10 years, and he's a loving monster: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8905781&postcount=913. Steal Energy/MoE with those numbers, as long as he doesn't wind up on that sagging middle click then he's going to eat you alive.

Morand for 500 figures only do the Runaways: Molly, Nico, Chase, Gert, Karolina from WI, Victor Mancha from AOU, Xavin from GG, with the Runaways ATA. There's not any one tentpole, you get eight figures with Old Lace to put in work, dedicated TKs so Nico can choose other powers (I had her running potshots on people with Psy Blast and Karolina's Enhancement), lots of support and Perplexes, and if you start hitting you can set up a chain of attack buffs via the ATA. I don't know how they'd necessarily stack against Arrow since he's just a pile of poo poo, but they're a ton of fun to use.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 11, 2017

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Also, from yesterday, ODIN THE DESTROYER.

I initially thought he could take 2 actions every turn until I noticed the POWER: at the beginning. That'll take some getting used to.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Sanschel posted:

The first carded Executioner, and first one in over 10 years, and he's a loving monster: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8905781&postcount=913. Steal Energy/MoE with those numbers, as long as he doesn't wind up on that sagging middle click then he's going to eat you alive.

Morand for 500 figures only do the Runaways: Molly, Nico, Chase, Gert, Karolina from WI, Victor Mancha from AOU, Xavin from GG, with the Runaways ATA. There's not any one tentpole, you get eight figures with Old Lace to put in work, dedicated TKs so Nico can choose other powers (I had her running potshots on people with Psy Blast and Karolina's Enhancement), lots of support and Perplexes, and if you start hitting you can set up a chain of attack buffs via the ATA. I don't know how they'd necessarily stack against Arrow since he's just a pile of poo poo, but they're a ton of fun to use.

Do I see an A in the number? Cause a prime where he's holding the bridge would be amazing

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Morand posted:

Do I see an A in the number? Cause a prime where he's holding the bridge would be amazing
You did, but HCRealms thinks it's gonna be Bloodaxe. But they're HCRealms soooooo

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Given that end spike, his Impervious better be named He Stood Alone at Gjallerbru.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Today was 500 points nothing but ATA's.

I decided to run Cap and the Hydravengers

Hydra Cap
Dr. Strange Earth's Guardian
WI Common Thor
Chase Hawkguy
AVDF 038 Jessica Jones
AVDFW Vision
Imperial Hydra
3x Hydra Recruits

Basically it's a shoot you until you stop moving type of team.

Round 1 versus Amazons

016 Elseworlds Wonder Woman
4? SMWW Amazons
WF Supergirl at 150
The new invisible jet

Because it was the elseworlds OP release we could play on the mud pit or high noon saloon only. Every game was on the saloon for me.

I lost Thor early after he took a shot on Wonder Woman but Hawkeye and Strange with some recruit support took out Wonder Woman and crippled the 2 generics not flying the plane. Supergirl tried to hit Hawkeye but missed and Strange took her out. The plane could never hit but was mobile enough to make catching it a pain until I was able to get off a big running shot hit with Hawkeye for 4. Then he came in the fight and Cap and Strange took it out.

Lost Thor and a recruit but took the team.

Round 2 versus Andy's Gotham City I think

Chase Green Arrow
Chase Batman
NightLantern
Ace the bat hound
FF Toymaster
Lt Gordon from the batman movie set

I moved out first turn into the bar area on the one side of the map. With Gordon Andy had nightlantern carry the whole team for 6. Andy counted and made sure he'd be 9 squares away from anywhere that Hawkeye could RS to. Andy had forgotten 5 very important words I'd said at the beginning of the game "Jessica Jones is a wildcard." This mattered a lot because once I moved down Cap, Jess and some generics and Jess copied caps shield TA, Hawkeye hit Nightwing for 5 take 2 and batman for 4 take 3 with his now 10 range. Andy did another position move and had batman take a shot at Cap and miss before proofing to hindering and killing the ESD on Hawkeye. Green arrow got his damage perplexed and did 6 to Hawkguy and KO him. On my turn Strange killed Batman because he was within Jessica's no stealth zone. Vision phased way out, switched to ultra dense and sidestepped to base Arrow and Ace. Thor murdered Nightlantern. Ace chose outwit and Arrow punched Vision for 3 to impervious. With Arrow having 2 tokens he then got KO'd at range by Dr Strange. Ace tried to exploit Vision but missed and then my robot beat up a dog. Gordon KO'd goons for points and Hydra spawned more but they couldn't stand against my cannons.

Round 3 versus all the JSA

LIterally all the cheap JSAers plus Johnny Thunder and the new OP Hourman.

He won map and moved up.

Action 1

Action 2

And 5 dudes were dead. It was all downhill from there. He charged in and got Hawkeye but Thor just kept wrecking him. The Hydra TA really just screwed over his biggest strength.

Morand fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Aug 14, 2017

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I played a six player game on Saturday with that Thor and had the same luck. It was a Thor Ragnarok inspired team of Thor, Earth's Guardian Strange, AA R Hulk, CW Loki, and ADW Valkyrie (it was a One Keyword Away scenario so she got Avengers). The other forces were JSA, GotG, Titans, Mighty, and a bullshit mystical hodgepodge with horde tokens. I stayed back for a good while huddling my team together while Strange took potshots at horde stacks to roll up his tokens. When I finally activated the attack reroll effect it was go time.

JSA, Guardians, Mighty, and Titans had clashed in the middle and left a few huddled groups woefully close together. First attack was Thor, who ran up and tagged three groups: Zatara/Spectre/Fate, Mighty Spidey/Green Arrow/Green Lantern/Flash, and Groot/Gamora/Nebula. I roll an 11 which hit everyone through all their defense shenanningans, chunking out 23 or so clicks of damage in one attack. Next up was Hulk, who bounded over to Zatara/Spectre/Fate and used Quake on them all, successfully squashing all three of them. Valkyrie then rolled up and rode through Gamora and Nebula, rolling a 5 and 6 for them and KOing both.

Lots happened before and after but that was the turn of major note. Valkyrie basically stayed on one diagonal plane and kept running back and forth because people kept ending their figures along it, like they hadn't just seen me do that to the last guys standing there. Hulk would then finish off Mighty Spidey and revert to Bruce, almost losing once my opponents realized they could Outwit the power that reverts him to Hulk. Strange was just a monster, blasting people for 4 damage left and right, he's a drat gross use of 80 points. Loki's highlight came late game when he force blasted Civil War Strange off a building for KO, since Strange only goes to regular dial from an attack.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I was gonna talk about my team (it massacred everything that wasn't Morand), but then they previewed Mangog, and, well, I wonder what the other 270 points of literally every Worlds team next year will be.

I did some quick math: if your opponent dares to attack you within 9 squares of their own starting area, you can upgrade Mangog on your very next turn (place yourself 3 squares away for the retaliation, immediately sidestep 2 and move another 5, but you have to be 2 deep into the starting area). If they make an attack that hits within 16 squares of their starting area, they'll have a whopping 1 turn window to hit a 19 with impervious before you pull the Odinsword.

19 defense with impervious to hide behind who can carry is worth 30 points all on his own. A retaliation that can do 7 loving damage to multiple targets and doesn't target your guys is worth more than 30 points all on its own. And then you get to either terrify your opponent into ceding you over half the map or else get an easy shot to add an extra 120 points to your force -- or 250, or 300 in higher point games.

loving hell, man.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

CapnAndy posted:

I was gonna talk about my team (it massacred everything that wasn't Morand), but then they previewed Mangog, and, well, I wonder what the other 270 points of literally every Worlds team next year will be.

I did some quick math: if your opponent dares to attack you within 9 squares of their own starting area, you can upgrade Mangog on your very next turn (place yourself 3 squares away for the retaliation, immediately sidestep 2 and move another 5, but you have to be 2 deep into the starting area). If they make an attack that hits within 16 squares of their starting area, they'll have a whopping 1 turn window to hit a 19 with impervious before you pull the Odinsword.

19 defense with impervious to hide behind who can carry is worth 30 points all on his own. A retaliation that can do 7 loving damage to multiple targets and doesn't target your guys is worth more than 30 points all on its own. And then you get to either terrify your opponent into ceding you over half the map or else get an easy shot to add an extra 120 points to your force -- or 250, or 300 in higher point games.

loving hell, man.

I already hate this piece.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

He'll have to get errata so he can't use Draw the Odinsword on his 30-point line. Otherwise it'll become tremendous board control as you can't attack his dudes from within 3 of your starting area. If you do, he retaliates— apparently not even as an action of any kind— by placing himself entirely in the starting area, then upgrading himself to 150 points. That's beyond sick. Something tells me there wasn't any playtesting with this.

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Aug 15, 2017

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I was cleaning out tucked away crap helping my parents move and found an unopened package addressed to me, opened it and found these lovely little folk along with their cards

It's given me a hankering to play a few games of this but I've no idea how old the figures are and what the game is like so

-Can I just pick up a starter box and use these guys with that and it will all work?
-Can I do the hot water - bend plastic - cold water trick with drunk Emma Frost there, or will it gently caress up the printing on the dial?
-I've seen like Hellboy and obviously DC stuff, can you mash them all together or is it like different rule sets/power levels so stick with Marvel?

TIA for any tips I'd like to play at least a few games with my little time capsule present to myself.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Vitamin P posted:

It's given me a hankering to play a few games of this but I've no idea how old the figures are and what the game is like so

-Can I just pick up a starter box and use these guys with that and it will all work?
-Can I do the hot water - bend plastic - cold water trick with drunk Emma Frost there, or will it gently caress up the printing on the dial?
-I've seen like Hellboy and obviously DC stuff, can you mash them all together or is it like different rule sets/power levels so stick with Marvel?

TIA for any tips I'd like to play at least a few games with my little time capsule present to myself.

1. Yeah a starter (two of which just came out, one with the Justice League and the other a bunch of Marvel heroes respectively) will give you what you need to play, rules, maps and powers/ability card. There's a Thor starter with brand new rules coming out in a few weeks but if you just want to play some games any starter will do really. The figures you have all adhere to the same rules as the recent ones do so it'll all work.
2. Yeah you can do that, if you pop the bottom of the dial off then it won't get ruined. Just get something flat like a nail file edge and put it in the dial slot and lever the bottom off. Should pop back on easily once you're done. I've heard a hair dryer then putting them in the freezer can also work well enough.
3. Yeah all of Heroclix can me mashed together, some of it might be under/overpowered compared to current stuff but usually it's fine. Those figures are still perfectly playable.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Vitamin P posted:

I was cleaning out tucked away crap helping my parents move and found an unopened package addressed to me, opened it and found these lovely little folk along with their cards

1. New rules and stuff come out this month. Look up a local shop that hosts clix events, and give 'em a call - they want new players, and any judge will be happy to introduce you to the game.
2. Read this how-to
3. All the universes can be mashed together: TMNT, DC, Marvel, Yugioh, Halo, Street Fighter, etc. The only difference is age and power level. But for fun, doesn't matter a bit.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Thanks guys!

Found another little package with Doctor Doom, a pair of Doombots, the Fantastic Four and, weirdly, Elixer the golden skinned mutant kid. Honestly think I must have been drunk shopping online years ago as I have no memory of ordering these and have never played a game of Heroclix.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Vitamin P posted:

Thanks guys!

Found another little package with Doctor Doom, a pair of Doombots, the Fantastic Four and, weirdly, Elixer the golden skinned mutant kid. Honestly think I must have been drunk shopping online years ago as I have no memory of ordering these and have never played a game of Heroclix.

That's as good a way to get into the game as any, I guess.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Vitamin P posted:

Thanks guys!

Do you have cards for each piece?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Red posted:

Do you have cards for each piece?

Yeah, the only thing missing is I have 5 Madroxs but only 4 Madrox cards.

Picked up a Marvel What If... Starter Set that had a few big names and for some reason the witchy girl from Runaways, rulebook says 2015 but that's fine, just want to play a few friendly games and see if it grabs me.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Vitamin P posted:

Picked up a Marvel What If... Starter Set that had a few big names and for some reason the witchy girl from Runaways, rulebook says 2015 but that's fine, just want to play a few friendly games and see if it grabs me.
Ask us questions if stuff confuses you, but seriously, fair warning: that rulebook is valid for exactly two more weeks, and the new rules drop in five days.

If I was you, I'd play some games without powers -- just focus on getting used to move, close combat, and ranged combat actions. Pretend the dials are all blank. It's a good way to start anyway and in this case you really don't want to be learning stuff you're gonna have to immediately unlearn.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Doctor Frankenstein and The Monster are up. Doc's situational; great support for monster teams, but dead weight otherwise. The Monster is a budget bruiser who synergizes well with Doc. They managed to put a Young Frankenstein reference in (yay), but the Monster's a chase (boo).

Also, Doc's perplex works with the ASM Frankenstein's Monster. Yay... ?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

Ask us questions if stuff confuses you, but seriously, fair warning: that rulebook is valid for exactly two more weeks, and the new rules drop in five days.

If I was you, I'd play some games without powers -- just focus on getting used to move, close combat, and ranged combat actions. Pretend the dials are all blank. It's a good way to start anyway and in this case you really don't want to be learning stuff you're gonna have to immediately unlearn.

This this this. Use a checker or chess board as a map.

Try this video for a good intro: https://youtu.be/sJVQYc5YBVE

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Like Andy said the rules are changing big time in a couple days so don't get super used to that rule book.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I have an event Sunday. 800 Points VIllains Only. We might be able to use resources and we might not so my build can do either.

It's the Gotham City Underworld as led by Sinestro cause I love the idea of carrying 8 guys around while screaming curses at Batman.

WI SInestro -140
+Full Utility Belt - 14
Arkham Origins Bane - 120
JW Deadshot - 75
+ Contract Killer - 5
JW Penguin - 40
JW Mr. Freeze - 90
JW The Riddler - 50
JW Clayface - 75
BVS Henchmen's Goon x 3 - 60
SFOSM Thug x 4 - 40
JW Two Face - 65
JW Harley Quinn (Common) - 25

If I can't do a resource I just add another Thug. Any thoughts

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Today at gencon there was a 400 point TMNT tournament, to which I stubbornly brought the turtles because it's a TMNT tournament, dammit, I'm playing the TMNT. Sure enough, basically everyone else was playing shredders, although I did see one guy with Krang.

Came in third place.

Not that it mattered at all because we all got LEs, but I'm taking my moral victory.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I ran the underworld team today. Overall I really liked it and how it played. Could use a smidgen of leadership but you can make it work without it.

Round 1 was against Apokolips. I KO'd a Supergirl and a bunch of Parademons and could have had the whole team with 1 more turn but ran out of time.

Round 2 against some red hot bullshit

600 point Galactus with the infinity gauntlet
AOA Magneto as Herald
Full Mephisto
Loki at 30

I KO'd Loki and Magneto while losing freeze and riddler. He brought Galactus down and that wasn't fun. I was an idiot though and made a penguin attack that put him on his last click just as he hit SP3 on that gauntlet. On last action he single target PW'd sinesto for the win. Had I fired off with Deadshot instead of the penguin I'd have won. This poo poo doesn't usually get played at the venue and every time I see It I say I'm gonna bring a power plant to melt it and then forget. If he didn't have that loving gauntlet I could have at least killed the PC and outwit. As it was I came so close.

Round 3 against

Shuma at his low value
OP Dormy at 100 something
A Dr Doom
Kang
Mephisto at 40
Phoenix Force on all

Shuma died in a round when he came down. Dormammu did not last much longer. Everything else died pretty quick.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

CapnAndy posted:

Today at gencon there was a 400 point TMNT tournament, to which I stubbornly brought the turtles because it's a TMNT tournament, dammit, I'm playing the TMNT. Sure enough, basically everyone else was playing shredders, although I did see one guy with Krang.

Came in third place.

Not that it mattered at all because we all got LEs, but I'm taking my moral victory.

To be fair, the guy who won that one was playing a TMNT Ally team. Granted, it was also cheesy as hell, but at least it didn't go to the Shredders. Saw so many of those guys this week...

I get to write the Origins & Gen-Con side event descriptions for next year, and will get to suggest which ones we do. I've always thought that a sealed event with old product (like, Collateral Damage or Mutant Mayhem, or something) would go over really well. WizKids might be open to it, but the only way that we could do it is if I supplied the product. So, just as a very early and informal poll:

If you were to go to a convention, would you want to spend 3+ hours playing a sealed tournament with boosters from a really early set? What set would you want to use?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

Mark my words: Beta Ray Bill fans will get shafted, at least if they want him with an equippable Stormbreaker.

HOW DID YOU KNOW

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Red posted:

HOW DID YOU KNOW

I have very good pattern recognition.

Now, if you all want my reaction, just imagine the most swearing you've ever heard. Then imagine more swearing and not just more words but new combinations and forms of those words, shouted at a possibly voice-damaging volume. My standby of "goddammityfuck" isn't even in the same county as sufficient for my rage. I think I see a red ring flying toward me now.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
They've never made the fan made figure a chase before though. I get why they make awesome, much awaited figures chases but it is a bit of a bummer if you're a big fan of the storyline/character. At least he's been made before so if you really want one you can get one.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I absolutely hate the dial design; even if nobody told me this was fan-created I'd know it was. Nothing about it gels, it's all just little pieces of previous metas jammed together. Reduce penetrating damage, the Indigo Lantern effect, a stop click with phasing and free regen after you run away. It stinks like fanfic.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

:siren: The new rules have dropped :siren:

I'll read them thoroughly later, but a quick glance at TAs reveals that HOLY gently caress THEY FINALLY CHANGED INJUSTICE LEAGUE. It only took, what, 11 years? They've also changed the "free move" TAs but they haven't done anything to Indy.

EDIT: Holy poo poo! Skimming it,on page 26 of the Core Rulebook they don't even list the Duo, Sharpshooter, or Team attack symbols. Looking at the Comprehensive Rulebook Supplement it doesn't mention them either. I think we've just had a shitload of old characters who are going to need errata or rulings because they now have combat symbols with no rules. (Further edit) They at least mention those elements on page 16 of the Supplement, but say that the rules can be found online. They also seem to have formally killed off the Capture ability and— shockingly— Multi-attack! The REV distinction is also officially dead.

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 21, 2017

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Also not mentioned killed off: the Fantastic Four and the Minions of Doom team abilities.

Thanks, Disney. :rolldice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Well this'll take a while to process through.

The HeroClix Thread v13: You Don't Know How To Play HeroClix

• Locked thread