Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

CapnAndy posted:

Yes. Your judge is wrong -- show me where it says "line of fire" in the wording of Great Reach. Hint: It's not there, but the words "close combat attack" and "as if they were adjacent" are. You can punch someone adjacent to you even if you can't draw line of fire to them.

edit: I have been informed that yes, the words "line of fire" are in fact in there. Oops. I'm still right, though, because close combat attacks target the square.

Actually, the attack still targets the character(s). However, the requirement for it being adjacent for close combat purposes evaluates the square rather than its occupant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
:siren: A NINJA TURTLE HAS BEEN PREVIEWED. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. REPEAT, A NINJA TURTLE HAS BEEN PREVIEWED. :siren:

http://heroclix.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/17322/#axzz411srGU88

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Do I have to do it like this?

CapnAndy posted:

:siren: A NINJA TURTLE HAS BEEN PREVIEWED. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. REPEAT, A NINJA TURTLE HAS BEEN PREVIEWED. :siren:

http://heroclix.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/17322/#axzz411srGU88

And a total monster in melee. Penetrating Flurry that you can move to any adjacent square of your target after each hit with an 11 attack for 50 points. Brutally efficient.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

DaMangoSentinel posted:

And a total monster in melee. Penetrating Flurry that you can move to any adjacent square of your target after each hit with an 11 attack for 50 points. Brutally efficient.

yeah that's a monster of a close combat piece for 50 points

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Waffles Inc. posted:

yeah that's a monster of a close combat piece for 50 points

I couldn't agree more. He puts the cartoon-based rare to shame.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

ManiacClown posted:

I couldn't agree more. He puts the cartoon-based rare to shame.
Yeah if the common didn't exist I would have been like "oh that's a perfectly good Raphael" but it's just embarassingly eclipsed by a version ten times better and ten points cheaper.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

All the Batman vs Superman dials have been spoiled too: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=557063

Hey a bunch of Supermen with HSS and other generic versions of heroes we've already had. The support figures are the real highlights: pick-a-power Alter Egos are nicely done and the few villains, along with Perry White, are incredibly useful. Superman Revenge Squad needs that main set Mercy. Surprised by the lack of Doomsday, generally movie sets are unconcerned with plot spoilers.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Feb 25, 2016

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Sanschel posted:

All the Batman vs Superman dials have been spoiled too: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=557063

Hey a bunch of Supermen with HSS and other generic versions of heroes we've already had. The support figures are the real highlights: pick-a-power Alter Egos are nicely done and the few villains, along with Perry White, are incredibly useful. Superman Revenge Squad needs that main set Mercy. Surprised by the lack of Doomsday, generally movie sets are unconcerned with plot spoilers.

For the first time in a while, I'm just completely ignoring a set, and buying the one single I want (armored Batman) online.

Why are we getting a set for this flick, and not Suicide Squad?

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
Played on Thursday for likely the last time as I need to cut back on the time I play a bit.

It was 700 points must have all DC or all Marvel pieces and resources

I ran Gotham Underworld cause I wanted to play Lex and Joker and Harlequin.

Team was

Lex and Joker
AO Deadshot
AO Firefly
Harlequin
2 Joker Thugs
1 Hired Henchman

Round 1 versus

Quinjet
Quinjet resource
Jarvis
AVAS Iron Man at full
AVAS Thor and cap at their lower values
Manifold
10 ID cards.

Lex and Joker murdered this team. We played on a chaos war map I think? It was outdoors with blocking and hindering, best I can do. I went first and did a ton of sidesteps into hindering terrain. He had manifold carry his whole team and cap pilot the jet. Lex sidestepped into range, firefly also moved up for enhancement carrying Deadshot. Deadshot copied bat enemy and lex and joker perplexed their damage to 5, did 6 to Manifold, KOing him and hurting Thor. Lex and joker outwit and the Jack in the box KO's Thor. He summoned triathalon who KO'd firefly. Iron man did a RS on lex and joker but I shrugged it off to a thug. Iron man went down to lex and joker next turn. Quinjet alone couldn't stand against me. Deadshot finished off Cap when he popped out for bonus points.

Round 2 versus
Yellow Battery with Wall, Nurse, Decoy, net?
Parallax (Hal)
Parallax (Kyle)
Mongol

Played on the same map as round 1. Only thing that saved me was lex and joker being completely immune to the yellow battery since their values can't be decreased. I also spread out as much Bat Enemy as I could to try and keep attacks high. I did lose harlequin early to shots from both Parallaxes. Lex and Joker able to constantly psyblast for 5 was the difference maker though and I wore down his big dogs. Mongol fell first without making any attacks as he was outwittable.

Round 3 versus
Green Battery with decoy, net, other constructs I'm forgetting.
KC Shazam
Black Lantern Zoom
Mr Myxyzptlk
Kyle Raynor

Green Battery neuters Lex and Joker pretty hard. I had to slow down and prioritize my strikes since double sidestep and duo weren't options. I picked the same map with the lots of hindering and blocking. It slowed him down enough for me to focus fire and weaken his Shazam and Supergirl. He came right for me and hit a bunch with his punchers. KC fell to Lex and Joker, Supergirl to an end dial Harlequin. Zoom punched one of my goons but left himself in range and LOF of lex, outwitted his HSS and managed to hit for 5. He moved to base my goons and Kyle missed an easy shot. Zoom died, and Kyle got focused fired. When it was just the imp he conceded.

Lex and Joker are awesome and those cheap goons coming out in dawn of Justice are going to make them even more insane. I was gonna play this in a 700 point event on Sunday but I pulled a prime Superman and now I want to try him out for fun.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

but I pulled a prime Superman and now I want to try him out for fun.

The Ivy-controlled one? I'd be curious to hear your thoughts. I played him in a casual game where he carried around Mister Mind, and did... okay. For 100 points, he's not bad, and the keyword thing is neat.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Red posted:

The Ivy-controlled one? I'd be curious to hear your thoughts. I played him in a casual game where he carried around Mister Mind, and did... okay. For 100 points, he's not bad, and the keyword thing is neat.

That's the one. He's a pretty solid 100 points

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Sanschel posted:

I like Perry a lot. Denying a figure Indom/Power Cosmic/Etc is huge

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Morand posted:

That's the one. He's a pretty solid 100 points

Having played against him half a dozen times at this point, his usefulness is largely dependent on rolling well enough to have a stock of control tokens on his card. One game my opponent had six on him and could afford to give him a perpetual stat boost, which was often exactly what I missed him by. Another game he couldn't roll to replenish them to save his life and I took advantage of Plasticity to lock him down and MC him to mirder his own team.

I think I'm most excited to get him because I can use him to give Gotham City Sirens teams some actual (thematic) punch and be usable outside of 200-300 point games.

I also played against a team with KC Spectre on his turret click and holy balls is that irritating; he can basically Prob the entire map for 30 points. I'll be interested to see which of those guys wind up at Nationals/Worlds this year.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Spent $20 at my FLGS today, got the whole Gamma OP Kit, BvS Armored Bats, and a KC Supes pull. Good day.

On that note, if anyone pulls Turtles stuff next month and isn't keen on keeping it, I'll be in the market to complete the set and will have a handful of money pieces for trade among other things. Quinjet, Zombie Doc Ock, Capcycle, etc. If my GF pulls are just rear end, I might even break KC Supes + filler for the turtle chase set depending on going prices.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Speaking of TMNT, I saw the guys up close via WizKids' Scott at WizKids Open today:

I was bummed, as it turned out no con exclusives were available for sale, but at least I had a great time playing in regionals.

They put out two boosters of World's Finest for sealed 300 points, and I went with:

- Jason Blood
- Tin
- Lead
- Occultist
- Klarion w/Teekl

+ Etrigan Sideline

I pulled a broken prime Superman (so now I have 3), and the shop offered to fix him for me - all they did was glue him, and he looks perfect. :)

Round 1: Played a guy from the group that Kennie Pena is a part of, pretty seasoned guy - but I feel like I was pretty competitive, even though I eventually lost to his Cosmic Joker.
Round 2: Cosmic Joker again, but this time, I made my rolls, and Mystics chopped Joker down. 1-1.
Round 3: Alura, Wizard and Klarion (and some other goofs) were a pretty even match, but in the end, I just didn't make my rolls, and lost a close one. 1-2.
Round 4: Up against Mercury, Lead, Mr. Nobody and KC GL - I actually did really well, and KO'd everyone but GL, and even held him at bay - but it came to last action as my turn ended, and I encouraged my opponent to go for an attack, which let GL pulse wave Klarion to death, and he took the game. But so what? I had fun. 1-3.

Absolutely no one was rude or super rules-y - everybody was very cool and polite, and everyone played a casual style of "take it back if you want to". I think it got much more serious for the final 8, but still, the overall experience was great.

After that, I played a BR with Pena's group and WK Scott, and walked away with TW Black Adam and a Namor card.

Good day. :)

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
Sounds like a very different experience than the Chicago WKO, which I played in today. The thing was just terribly-run. They announced at the beginning that it would be 6 rounds, rather than the previously-announced 4, and then another 3 rounds for the top 8. Despite having rounds be just 45 minutes, it somehow took then 11 hours to get through those 6 rounds. They also had battle royales on the abbreviated 45-minute timer, which really felt like they were cheaping people out of their play time in an attempt to make them buy more boosters. They were also all over the map on battle royale rules - through the course of the day, judges said that you got 5 actions, the proper 3 actions, that you could add 3 objects per player, 2 objects, 1 object, ultras were okay, ultras were not okay... just a mess all around.

For the tournament, I ended up running pretty much everything in my boosters:
Shifting focus Supermen (Shooty, with Defense and Strength on the side)
Shifting focus Batmen (Stealthy, with Chargey on the side)
Condiment King
Demon
Tin
Witch

So, nothing outstanding, but it seemed like a pretty solid squad - Enhancement, negative Perplex, regular Perplex, a tie-up, and two fighters. Dice in general were unkind, and I dropped to play battle royales, which went a bit better. But the disorganization and shoddy judging made for a very unpleasant day all around.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Red posted:

Speaking of TMNT, I saw the guys up close via WizKids' Scott at WizKids Open today:

That picture has me even more stoked for that set than I already was. It looks like they're trying to pull heavily from the original cartoon rather than the Nickelodeon one because their main demographic remembers the original. I won't complain. :)

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I played in the Lacey, WA Open today as well. I had actually intended to just marathon BRs to grind the last ID cards and get some WF swag but nobody else came to do that so I hopped in the main event. My boosters were ho-hum so I ran:

Apprentice
Creeper
Jason Blood
Elasti-Girl

Round 1 vs Spectre, Booster Gold, and a third who escapes me. Actually a good friend of mine I play almost weekly, but he has a habit of rolling abysmally and today was no exception: every d6 he rolled missed the mark by one, and I was able to chunk away at him by pushing Rita like crazy and constantly Incapping with Creeper. His luck came back though as he wound up being the overall event winner of the day a few hours later.

Round 2 vs Element Man, HSS Supes, Blackbriar Thorn. Metamorpho is too flippin tricky, I could never fully neutralize him because he does too much; Outwit his pick a power and he'll just Sidestep close and wallop you with Giant Reach, etc. I didn't make a dent in his team as he dismantled mine.

Round 3 vs Metallo, Mento, Creeper. A dice masters player who was done with a day of clix, he phoned this match in hardcore and I was able to sweep a win in no time. I felt bad because I was trying to treach and encourage him but he was having none of it.

Round 4 vs Joker's Daughter, Allura, Shifting Batman, Black Cat. After a lengthy debate about whether or not I could draw line of fire to his Allura over the cat in Stealth when he forgot to Wild Card her to Batman TA (because "Stealth turns hindering into blocking terrain," which the judge shut down fast; I'll note that this guy has played longer than I have and is well known for pulling this kind of horseshit), I was able to quickly demolish her with Rita and then whittle away at the rest of the team, getting all but joker's daughter.

My strength of schedule was good enough to get me in the top 8, and this time I pulled Alloy (who is a spare, wink wink) but instead I opted for:

Zatara
Wizard
Blue Beetle
Shifting Supes w/HSS & Defend

I went against Mary Marvel and Major Force. I thought I was going to eat poo poo but I had enough Perplex and Prob to make Supes' attacks hurt, and got Force down such that he was poisoning Mary as much as my team. I baited Mary to hit Zatara onto his explosion clicks but she did too well, crit hitting and knocking me one square out of range to hit her and Force, so I opted to sack Zatara for Force. He took out Superman and Beetle but opted to push to get on Regen, and Wizard had a single attack to KO a last click Mary and move on to Top 4, but Mary made Shape Change and healed for 4 and that was it. But I got the ID cards I'd come for so I can't complain.

Afterwards I jumped into one BR and my only complaint arose: they weren't timing BRs at all. Apparently one with two crazy Janes lasted nearly 3 hours, bleh. I rushed through it and took third, securing prime Ivy and an extra Swordsman card, though I forgot that I don't have a normal Ivy and neglected to grab her from the pool before bailing.

All in all a good day, even if my WF packs were largely unremarkable save Alloy; would've been nice to get a chase.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Yesterday was a 700 point Silver Age game with no entities, no resources, but you could have as many special objects as you wanted on your force and it only took a power action to pick any of them up. The second I saw that I thought "well, I'm playing Mr. Nobody", but then I thought for a few more seconds and remembered that Mr. Nobody is terrible and Winter Soldier Nick Fury does the same thing and built a team around him instead. As it turns out, though, that setup was so obviously exploitable that everyone either built to exploit it, troll it, or shut it down altogether and nobody actually brought objects.

I played the Unlikely Avengers:

CATWS Nick Fury
NFAOS Namor
AAOU Hawkeye
AVAS Jarvis
AVAS Starbrand
con ex Dr. Strange

and Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Katana, Blue Beetle, and Red Tornado as their ID cards. Because I thought it was funnier that way.

Round 1 was against a guy who might've been the guy who keeps bringing the cheese teams? I don't know, I don't know him. I know that guy was there though. I honestly have forgotten what he played. Morand probably remembers, he's good at remembering that poo poo. I killed his entire force without losing a piece or using an ID, I know that.

Round 2 was against another guy I don't know. Played KC Green Lantern, Captain Thunder, and, ummmmm.... two other guys. I had to call in Batman, Red Tornado, and Blue Beetle, and I lost Starbrand and Hawkeye, but I won it. Big ups to Nick Fury, who got knocked to his 9 attack psyblast click and hit KC Green Lantern twice on throwaway attacks I was making because there was no point in not trying. Rolled an 11 and then a crit hit, and those two attacks were what brought the loving unhittable bastard down.

Round 3 was against a regular who's a little bit dicky when he plays. He's nicer when he's not playing me or Morand, and honestly, between the two of us we probably win at least 90% of the time at that venue. If he wants to be pissed off about that, fine, I get it, and if he's not pissed off but just getting his game face on, well I wish he'd tone it down a bit, but oh well. Anyway, he played a self-admitted troll team: John Constantine, Prime Nighthawk, Crazy Quilt, DC10 Catwoman, Trinity War Firestorm, M10 Iron Man... and also Mercury and KC Shazam. Which, okay, ha ha on the rest of the team, but those two are in there because you're going HAM, dude, this is why you're a dick.

First turn he TKs out Shazam, who grabs an ultra heavy and runs all the way across the map and hits Hawkeye. And he was super arrogant about it, rolling the dice and telling me "now he's dead" without even checking to see what the roll had been and moving Shazam the rest of the way. Which meant I got to draw his attention to how he'd rolled a 4, and Crazy Quilt had called brown, and there was no brown anywhere on Hawkeye's dial, so that's a miss, rough luck buddy. (He'd grouse after the match that he lost the whole thing on that roll, but... no, he didn't. Hawkeye did some good damage later on, but I knew there was no way to avoid a Shazam alpha strike and was willing to sacrifice a piece if it meant getting his only big threat way out of position and in range for me to murder.) I responded by just pouring fire on Shazam and made enough of the attacks to cripple him, and with all his help at least 10 squares away he couldn't do anything to stop me from killing Shazam on the turn after that.

After Shazam fell I turned my fire on Iron Man, who I know has a short dial and is extremely vulnerable to psyblast, of which I had a ton. Iron Man goes down. I exchanged some fire with his guys who were standing up at the edge of his ridge (Nighthawk kept sidestepping up to take a shot and then being TK'd back by Mercury) and got Firestorm wounded, so I sacrificed an already near-death Namor to KO Firestorm -- even trade points-wise, and now he was running out of people who could actually hurt me. I left Catwoman flailing impotently at Nick Fury and went up to deal with his Denial Squad. Hit Constantine, got my probs back. KO'd Crazy Quilt. Hawkeye landed some solid hits on Nighthawk but was standing in stealth, and Nighthawk just refused to attack Dr. Strange, which I thought was weird, since I was on the 18 defense with defend click -- that's vulnerable, at least try to hit me! Turns out Nighthawk was on his last click and he knew the mystics feedback would kill him. Once Nighthawk dropped and Nick Fury finally landed a solid hit on Catwoman, the last remnants of his team collapsed and I mopped up. Lost Starbrand and Namor and called in Batman and Red Tornado.

Having a 6 strong theme team won me map all three rounds, which was huge, because I picked the FI map that's technically all water terrain, and having Namor teleport around the map like OOTS Batman on crack was a very big deal. Also, Jarvis is the world's best mastermind fodder. Once in every round, I got to deeply surprise and dismay my opponent when they landed a huge hit on Nick Fury and I went "okay Jarvis takes 1 damage" -- plus, once you do that, any further damage you have to mastermind onto Jarvis that turn just gets thrown the gently caress away. Oh, you energy exploded and both Nick and Jarvis are caught in the explosion? 1 damage to Jarvis. I need to find more Avengers with Mastermind, because it's just nasty as hell.

Anyway I went 3-0 and won White Lantern Martian Manhunter, which was by far the WL I wanted the most. Yay!

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Feb 29, 2016

Red
Apr 15, 2003

This week, our venue has a Sinister Six thing: Golden Age, 600 Points, 6 Characters Exactly (Each at least 40 pts), No Other Stuff

So I came up with a few possibilities:

The Mister Six
- Mister Mind
- Mr. Miracle SLoSH
- Mr. Majestic
- Mr. Nobody
- Mr. Freeze BCTV
- Mr. Mxy SMWW

The Shaggy Six or The Hirsute Six
- Abominable Snowman
- Non-Prime Sasquatch IIM
- Puma
- Wolfsbane WoS
- Shaggy Man
- Medusa GotG

Evil 101 :eng101:
- Weapon X Scientist
- Doctor Octopus WoS
- Lizard ASM
- Professor Zoom FL
- Egghead CW
- Dr. Sivana CR

The Replacements
- Captain Falcon
- Winter Soldier NF LE
- Balls of Fury
- Nomad NF
- US Agent NF
- Major Victory GotG

I wish I could do a Thor Corps, but I don't have any versions of Bill or Jane Thor. :(

Any ideas or suggestions?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

2016 Con Exclusives!

Marvel has Cosmic Daredevil, Man-Spider, and a Groot/Rocket duo. Bit weak apart from Groot/Rocket.
DC, on the other hand, is rocking KC Hawkman, KC Red Robin, and Ace the Bat-Hound. Hell yes, Ace.
And, shockingly, TMNT has two exclusives of their own -- Casey Jones and Shredder. This suggests battle royales, and therefore 5-figure booster packs? Maybe?

edit: I say that, and they preview Donatello. Notice that the uncommons go up to 27, that indicates a full set. Either it's 5-figure boosters or they're gonna give us a Yu-Gi-Oh level of uncollectability screwing.

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 1, 2016

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

So far the Turtles are pretty tidy. I also like the inclusion of great reach for specific powers--such a good idea I'm kinda surprised we haven't seen more of it

Red
Apr 15, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

2016 Con Exclusives!

Marvel has Cosmic Daredevil, Man-Spider, and a Groot/Rocket duo. Bit weak apart from Groot/Rocket.
DC, on the other hand, is rocking KC Hawkman, KC Red Robin, and Ace the Bat-Hound. Hell yes, Ace.
And, shockingly, TMNT has two exclusives of their own -- Casey Jones and Shredder. This suggests battle royales, and therefore 5-figure booster packs? Maybe?

edit: I say that, and they preview Donatello. Notice that the uncommons go up to 27, that indicates a full set. Either it's 5-figure boosters or they're gonna give us a Yu-Gi-Oh level of uncollectability screwing.

Word is they go up to #035. The gravity feed box has 24 figures, so you won't get anywhere close to a full set if you buy one.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

That figures they'd make other Super-Pets (even if as a SR and LE) but then make Ace a ConEx. drat it. Anyway, I bought three packs of BvS at Target hoping to get Perry White and failed to do so. However, I got the Diana Prince, who's a lot less useful than initially thought because her Perplex is actually a very, very hosed-up colored Leadership. Apparently in this set the grey looks like a light brown. That said, I also got mass-market Superman, which means I have a Modern-legal Batman Ally Superman.

This weekend's 400 Golden, so I'm considering running that Superman with the Utility Belt and Cowl because the old Collateral Damage NGN Superman can still wreck house with that. I'm considering some other teams, like Atlantis with SI Namor, Ocean Master, Lori Lemaris, two Mermaids, and the Blue Battery. I could run the White Battery with WL Kyle Rayner, Swamp Thing, and an Entity-possessed Manticore from City of Heroes because I think it would be great to bust one of those guys out. I could also do Sinestro Corps with AA Superman Prime, but I have so many possibilities I've never gotten to try it's pretty much paralysis by analysis at this point.

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Mar 2, 2016

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I wonder if they'll at some point reuse the Red Robin sculpt for a Pre-Flashpoint Tim.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

This weekend is 400 Golden. I'm very torn. Do I run the Superman team for pure unadulterated beatdown or do I run the all-Golden Age team because I've never used any of the characters save for Jonah Hex?

Team "Superman Wears the Utility Belt and Says 'gently caress you'!":
pre:
BVS016	Superman	225
NMLR100	Utility Belt	7
	5 Items		5
	Batman Cowl	1
**FEAT	Thundering Blow	20
SF009	Cammy		80
**FEAT	Armor Piercing	10
IN060	V Shi		47
**FEAT	Running Start	5
---------------------------
		Total:	400
		Theme:	N/A
Team Past
pre:
SV048	Kang the Conqueror	199
IGR101	↑ Infinity Gauntlet	40
JH003	Lilah			15
CR021	Rip Hunter		97
CD091	Jonah Hex		46
-----------------------------------
			Total:	397
			Theme:	Past

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Sanschel posted:

Squadron Supreme:
Hyperion
Power Princess
Spectrum
Nighthawk

Maximum Carnage:
Carrion
Carnage
Shriek
Doppelgänger
Demogoblin
ATA

Injustice Society:
Solomon Grundy
Vandal Savage @half
Shade @half
Per Degaton
Wizard
So we had our 600 point game this week and I ran these three teams.

First round was Injustice Society vs Apokalips: 300 Darkseid, Kalibak, Steppenwolf. I picked the YGO maze map to limit Darkseid's range by a lot and started up the maze, but the big D opted to take a shot on Grundy and Degaton, nailing both and putting Grundy on his first Flurry click. A Sidestep/TK from Shade and missed Impervoois later and Darkseid was done for, he made one more ineffectual attack on Vandal who finished him off. Kalibak took his shot at Grundy but couldn't KO him so Grundy wailed on him in return, with Wizard finishing off Darkseid's least favorite son. Poor Steppenwolf did his best to KO Savage but couldn't pass muster, and Grundy finished him to end the game with a dizzying 9 resurrection tokens. I'm eager to play this team again as it seemed like it could be a lot of fun, especially at larger values where I can open up the roster from this iteration of the Society more.

Round 2Maximum Carnage vs Assassins: Kingpin, Elektra, Deadshot, Shiva, Winter Soldier, Outlaw. He picked an open map and I stayed back until I could get everyone but Carrion right up in his face when his team was all tokened up. He opted to take some pushes to wing Carnage, easily my least effective figure, failing to tag Doppleganger. That proved disastrous as I pushed Shriek to have Dopplegager Flurry Shiva, KOing her and chunking 8 damage on Winter Soldier, then Flurrying Deadshot and throwing the damage onto Kingpin, who Masterminded it to Outlaw, KOing 4 figures in two actions. Carnage and Doppleganger then fell to Kingpin and Elektra, but I followe by MCing Elektra with Shriek to Flurry Kingpin for 6 total after Toughness, then blasted her with Demogoblin, threw 3 damage onto Kingpin and the he Masterminded it onto Elektra to KO her. By hen Carrion had made it to the fight and KO'd Kingpin with a Posion. Incredibly fun team, even with Carrion being agonizingly slow and Carnage being little more than a damage sponge. Shriek makes this team incredible, good job, Morand!

Round 3 Squadron vs Avengers: Quinjet, 300 Giant Man, Sharon Carter, Jarvis, 50 Iron Man, 8 ID cards. Honestly I didn't have much hope this game; even lacking the modifiers, he had Probs on his side and all it took was one shot from Watcher Fury to nueter Hyperion, and a shot from the Quinjet to take Running Shot from Spectrum. I got to make a single attack with Power Princess that missed before Giant Man just steamrolled me. ID cards are silly.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Red posted:

This week, our venue has a Sinister Six thing: Golden Age, 600 Points, 6 Characters Exactly (Each at least 40 pts), No Other Stuff

So I came up with a few possibilities:

The Mister Six
- Mister Mind
- Mr. Miracle SLoSH
- Mr. Majestic
- Mr. Nobody
- Mr. Freeze BCTV
- Mr. Mxy SMWW

The Shaggy Six or The Hirsute Six
- Abominable Snowman
- Non-Prime Sasquatch IIM
- Puma
- Wolfsbane WoS
- Shaggy Man
- Medusa GotG

Evil 101 :eng101:
- Weapon X Scientist
- Doctor Octopus WoS
- Lizard ASM
- Professor Zoom FL
- Egghead CW
- Dr. Sivana CR

The Replacements
- Captain Falcon
- Winter Soldier NF LE
- Balls of Fury
- Nomad NF
- US Agent NF
- Major Victory GotG

I wish I could do a Thor Corps, but I don't have any versions of Bill or Jane Thor. :(

Any ideas or suggestions?

I'm going with:

The Mirror Six
- AoU 007 Yellowjacket
- SLoSH 039 Bizarro @150
- AvAs 048 Trick Shot
- CA 015 Red Guardian
- FL 001B Rival (Prime)
- FF JLTW 004 Power Ring
Total: 591

I don't think I have a big plan, I just wanted some neat people to play with. Ring's CSA probs from stealth should help out, and I want to get Rival as many speed tokens as I can. Maybe Ring should carry Rival around, and prob for him.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Today's preview: Baxter Stockman! The Uncommon non-mutated version's trait's badly worded, though. Suppose I have two of them and a friendly Mouser gets KOed. Can I place a #005 Mouser with each as long as neither is adjacent to both, or is it a "unique effect," so to speak? Also, he's an even better WXM Forge, healing friendly Robots and if they can't be healed buffing their Speed and Attack by +1. Also also, apparently the 1984 comic version is black. I did not know that.

The SR, however, is the original cartoon version and while he's got double-target Energy Explosion, it's at a 4 Range. On an average hit he'll get knocked right past his Muta Zoo ray power (clicks 2 and 3) that lets him use Outwit and Perplex, but only to target the same opposing character. I'll take the uncommon any day of the week. This set looks like it's shaping up to be kind of odd that way, though I'll grant the Donatellos are kind of a toss-up depending on what you need.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Knock, knock, you about to get shell shocked

That's my fam, I'll hold 'em down forever
Us against the world, we can battle whoever
Together ain't no way gonna fail
You know I got your back, just like a turtle shell
Nobody do it better
All my brothers tryna get some cheddar
We all want our cut like the shredder
Me and my bros come together for the dough
Bought the orange Lamborghini, call it Michelangelo
With the nun chucks doors and I'm pullin' up slow
When we fall up in the party, they know anything goes
Check my rolex they say I'm the man of the hour
All this green in my pockets, you can call it turtle power

(All for one we fight together)
(All for we ride together)
(All for one when we fight together)
(Together we can bare any weather)

Uh ain't nothing that could come in between me and my brothers
We all around if it's going down
It's just us, all for one, yeah you hear 'em right
Our business done, we disappear into the night
Came up together, so we all down for the fight
Ain't nothing wrong with that
Family, ain't nothing strong as that
And I'll be posted up where the strong is at
Brothers by my side, city on my back, real heroes
That's what the people want
They ain't born, gotta create 'em
Sayin' we gone as soon as we save 'em
That's part of the plan
By my side I'mma keep my brothers
Live or die man we need each other, uh

(All for one we fight together)
(All for we ride together)
(All for one when we fight together)
(Together we can bare any weather)
Knock, knock, you about to get

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Red posted:

I'm going with:

The Mirror Six
- AoU 007 Yellowjacket
- SLoSH 039 Bizarro @150
- AvAs 048 Trick Shot
- CA 015 Red Guardian
- FL 001B Rival (Prime)
- FF JLTW 004 Power Ring
Total: 591

I don't think I have a big plan, I just wanted some neat people to play with. Ring's CSA probs from stealth should help out, and I want to get Rival as many speed tokens as I can. Maybe Ring should carry Rival around, and prob for him.

This team did ... not great. Most of it was just lousy rolls, though.

My game plan was basically:

- Yellowjacket drags Red Guardian around as bait, and RG absorbs CSA prob tokens.
- Bizarro drags around Trick Shot, who can sneak around with RS as Bizarro draws and absorbs big pieces.
- Power Ring carries Rival around, and does his best to make sure Rival piles up speed tokens.

Power Ring was the first character people went after, and that worked well enough as bait to give Rival or someone else a chance at an attack, but my dice just kind of pooped the table over and over. When he gets going, though, Rival is a champ.

The first round, I just couldn't roll well enough to beat a LoSH team headed by Mon-El, and the second round was all Doctors, headed by Doctor Spectrum, and again, I just couldn't pull anything off. The third round, however, against a Sinister Six team, Rival and Bizarro did most of the work, mopping the floor with Rhino, Vulture, and Kraven. But, again, the dice couldn't come through when I really needed 'em, and Venom kind of just took over.

I'll have another six-clix team even this week, and I'm going to run Black Talon and 5 Z-Virus zombies for whatever fits under 600 points. That should be a small (4) group of players, so I really only care about having fun and taking a free prize. I only have 5 Zs, so it's going to be Skrull, Morbius, Red Skull, Doc Ock, and Headpool that Black Talon raises from the dead.

ManiacClown posted:

Today's preview: Baxter Stockman! The Uncommon non-mutated version's trait's badly worded, though. Suppose I have two of them and a friendly Mouser gets KOed. Can I place a #005 Mouser with each as long as neither is adjacent to both, or is it a "unique effect," so to speak? Also, he's an even better WXM Forge, healing friendly Robots and if they can't be healed buffing their Speed and Attack by +1. Also also, apparently the 1984 comic version is black. I did not know that.

The SR, however, is the original cartoon version and while he's got double-target Energy Explosion, it's at a 4 Range. On an average hit he'll get knocked right past his Muta Zoo ray power (clicks 2 and 3) that lets him use Outwit and Perplex, but only to target the same opposing character. I'll take the uncommon any day of the week. This set looks like it's shaping up to be kind of odd that way, though I'll grant the Donatellos are kind of a toss-up depending on what you need.

I went ahead and bought a GF box. I just wish we got the YIPPEE I AY Baxter from the arcade game.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Red posted:

I went ahead and bought a GF box. I just wish we got the YIPPEE I AY Baxter from the arcade game.

I assume you mean on preorder, yes? What about did that run you?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

I assume you mean on preorder, yes? What about did that run you?

Yep - $70.

Same store charged me $98 for a brick of X-Men.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

Yesterday was a 700 point Silver Age game with no entities, no resources, but you could have as many special objects as you wanted on your force and it only took a power action to pick any of them up. The second I saw that I thought "well, I'm playing Mr. Nobody", but then I thought for a few more seconds and remembered that Mr. Nobody is terrible and Winter Soldier Nick Fury does the same thing and built a team around him instead. As it turns out, though, that setup was so obviously exploitable that everyone either built to exploit it, troll it, or shut it down altogether and nobody actually brought objects.

I played the Unlikely Avengers:

CATWS Nick Fury
NFAOS Namor
AAOU Hawkeye
AVAS Jarvis
AVAS Starbrand
con ex Dr. Strange

and Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Katana, Blue Beetle, and Red Tornado as their ID cards. Because I thought it was funnier that way.

Round 1 was against a guy who might've been the guy who keeps bringing the cheese teams? I don't know, I don't know him. I know that guy was there though. I honestly have forgotten what he played. Morand probably remembers, he's good at remembering that poo poo. I killed his entire force without losing a piece or using an ID, I know that.

Anyway I went 3-0 and won White Lantern Martian Manhunter, which was by far the WL I wanted the most. Yay!

If it was the same dude he was running Gluttony, Zombie Magneto, Zombie Rhino, Op Kit Speedy, a star lab tech, Phoenix force on a bunch of dudes and more more junk. It was a bunch of poo poo he read was good but had no idea how to play it. I was running a secret society team and took him down without losing anything. Omega drive was awesome.

I did run Ivy superman and he was pretty solid. Granted I had him holding Mjolnir most games but that's an amazing 100 points even without Mjolnir.

Today was 400 points have a non-generic theme. You can use a resource if you can prove that it was used by the team in the comics.

I decided I was running lex and joker again because they are fun to play and those 20 point goons from Dawn of Justice were calling my name (I now have 5 of them)

I did

Lex and Joker at 200
Hired Henchman at 40
3 Henchmen's Goons at 60
Prime Harlequin at 90
Penguin Resource dial at 10

Penguin was there just to give Harlequin ESD. Goal was to have her make as few real attacks as possible and lean on her Jack-in-the-box.

Round 1 versus
KC Green Lantern
White Lantern Martian Manhunter
WF Batman
Justice League teleporter with Red Tornado, Flash, katana and someone else.

This was a very new player. In his own words he saw all my sidestep and panicked. I won map roll and chose the AOU map with the statue and open air because he had it and I had forgotten my map bag. I sidestepped up my whole team into the little bit of hindering I had and passed. He moved Green Lantern down and had Manhunter carry Batman. I did sidestep shenanigans and took a duo shot on Lantern with lex and joker but missed both. He did a RS with Lantern and killed a goon, batman moved down and Manhunter cleared. I duo'd lantern again and hit my second attack which with enhancement put him on click 4. Harlequin then finished off GL with a psyblast. He then rolled for an inspiration on Manhunter and got tornado which gave him TK, he TK'd batman back and out of hindering because reasons? I cleared, as did he. Lex and joker killed batman. Manhunter hit a goon but then I based him and just beat him to death with duo attacks and Jack in the boxes.

Round 2 versus the legion of super pets.

This was against Andy! He can do the rundown of his team. In a nutshell he could not deal with my double outwit and I aggressively targeted any of his pieces with precision strike as that is my whole teams Kryptonite.

Round 3 versus Secret Society

Vandal Savage at 160
Mallah and the Brain
Wizard
Crazy Quilt

I won map and chose arcades arena. He turtled a bit in a corner and I resigned myself to having to bait him out and potentially eating a bad EE. He charged with vandal first though and hit a goon who sensed out of it. Makkah then didn't EE as he'd be hitting savage too and KO'd a goon. Lex sidestepped and outwitted vandal's defense. Duo'd and hit the first attack but had to burn 3 theme probs to do it, no more savage. Missed Mallah but outwitted his leadership. He popped out brain and took a shot on harlequin but I KC'd it. Lex and joker hit Mallah for 6 on the second strike of a duo attack and knocked them way out of range. A Jack in the box got the brain. Crazy quilt who had chosen psyblast blue as his color MC'd harlequin to shoot a goon who sensed out of it. A Jack in the box then KO'd quilt. The team chased down wizard and got him and harlequin actually made an attack to finish Mallah off, rolled a 1 on penguin to give my opponent 50 extra points.

3-0, won the event on points as the only other 3-0 had a bye in the first round. Lex and Joker are hilariously good with the new trend towards cheaper goons. Love playing them.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

So the venue hosting the May regionals just posted:

quote:

PLEASE NOTE – The first 20 REGISTERED PLAYERS will be given a guaranteed opportunity to buy one each of the 2016 Convention Exclusives. The remaining 12 will be entered into a lottery with all Battle Royal Players for a chance to win the opportunity to buy them. We are only being given 32 of each so we want to make it as fair as possible for all attendees, not just the main event players.

Jesus fuckin' Christ.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Morand posted:

Round 2 versus the legion of super pets.

This was against Andy! He can do the rundown of his team. In a nutshell he could not deal with my double outwit and I aggressively targeted any of his pieces with precision strike as that is my whole teams Kryptonite.
Right, I should do this before I totally forget. I played:

Dogpool
Cosmo
Streaky
Krypto
Lockjaw (gotg rare)
Dex-Starr
Ms. Lion
Black Cat x2

Animal theme (you didn't have to be a non-generic theme team, just a theme team), because I badly wanted to play Team Housepet. It's all cats and dogs! That's funny as hell! I also didn't think for a second it would win; my plan was to get pasted and win fellowship for my silly fun team. Instead I made a serious run at winning the whole event and got screwed out of second place by the dude who had the first round bye winning his next two matches (I had way more points); shows what I know.

Round 1 was against a new-ish player, playing some version of Batman, SMWW uncommon Superman, and rare Wally West Flash. Rather than come at me all at once and stand a decent chance of winning the brawl, I think my pet swarm unnerved him or something because he hung back and fed his pieces to me one at a time (also, he's pretty new). Flash was moving in first so I put Krypto at the head of my group and placed everyone so that if Flash didn't want to get stopped by Krypto or hindering terrain, he'd have to spend almost all of his movement getting around. Which he did, and I had a lot of precision strike, so Wally got dropped hard. I moved in on Superman, which was slow going because I couldn't really do more than one damage at a time to him, so I sent both Black Cats to tie up Batman and keep on giving him bad luck. Eventually most of the other games ended and we drew a crowd. People thought that the housepets murdering the Justice League was very funny and eventually even my opponent cracked up at the specatcle of the Caped Crusader of Gotham City being utterly unable to handle a pair of common housecats.

Round 2 was against Morand. As he freely admitted to me before the match, precision strike was his team's kryptonite. My plan was to swarm in, pick off the goons one by one, and rely on how hard it is to actually land a hit on the animals to keep Lex/Joker and Harlequin busy until all their support was gone and they'd be easy pickings. Unfortunately I screwed up and underestimated Lex/Joker's outwit. With a free chance to have Streaky do a hypersonic run-by on whoever I liked, I didn't realize that the one goon who was able to wildcard to Superman Enemy was a priority, and took out a regular one instead. That hurt me really, really bad, as with two outwits a turn Morand could keep all of my move-and-attack powers turned off, and that team doesn't have range, it relies on charge and hypersonic to get into melee. If I moved in, they'd just all sidestep away, and tiny animals are easy to break away from. So yeah, my fault, and I paid for it as my team got immobilized and slowly shot to death. It did not, however, help that the dice were completely against me. I missed all my shape change and super senses rolls and I realize that Lex/Joker have a 12 attack, but against a 20 or 21 defense from range that's still not an easy hit, and yet they simply could not miss me. Most of the blame stays with me, but I'm disgruntled at a lot of those rolls.

Round 3 was against a JLI team of White Lantern Martian Manhunter, Blue Beetle and Booster Gold from WF, and Batman at 100 points. This guy didn't seem to realize that Beetle and Booster's double powers work if they target the other one or themselves, and I wasn't about to tell him, so that helped. Also by this point I had a good handle on how the team played. Swarm up on the biggest threat, give him death by a thousand cuts while ignoring everyone else, repeat. Dex-Starr took a minor hit but that was actually beneficial, because I got to use his penetrating poison to burn down the Manhunter and Batman. Once I realized that we were standing in hindering terrain and I could use "Broccoli! Why can't it be meat?" to turn off all of Manhunter's healing tricks, things got a lot easier.

So yeah, went 2-1 and should've taken second place on points, but oh well. I got to play the entirely dogs and cats team I've wanted to play since Streaky got previewed, so I'm happy.

And hey! While I was procrastinating writing this up, Michaelangelo and Leonardo got previewed! Mikey joins Raph in the "the 1984 version simply crushes the 2012 one" club (Donatello was a wash, I think), and Leo is the first one where I'd actually rather pay the 10 extra points. Blades for his whole dial and proper mega-leadership when he's bossing his brothers around; that's the Leonardo I expected.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

All right, if any of you still need any of those spare WOL participation LEs or Constructs, please let me know before tomorrow evening. I plan on giving most of them to a guy who runs at a church group he puts on because otherwise what in the sweet holy gently caress am I going to do with that many Simon Baz and Kyle Rayner figures?

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

Flash was moving in first so I put Krypto at the head of my group and placed everyone so that if Flash didn't want to get stopped by Krypto...

Fun fact, they changed the wording on Plasticity when they reworked the benefits of size!

Plasticity Revised posted:

This character adds 2 to its d6 roll when breaking away. Opposing characters subtract 2 from their d6 roll when breaking away from this character. Opposing characters of the same size or smaller can’t automatically break away from this character and must end their movement when entering a square adjacent to this character, even if they would not have to do so normally.

Since Krypto is smaller than Flash, Flash wouldn't have to stop when becoming adjacent to him. He'd still have to break away with the penalty from Plasticity, but he'd still get the +1 from the size difference and +2 from Hypersonic.

Ditto on being a little more excited about the Nickelodeon Leo over the Comic Leo. The fact that the Comic version can't pull tokens off of the other turtles is eye-rollingly silly, but at least it still serves a purpose in giving you extra actions on your turn. And he DOES push onto a 12 Attack with Blades, so there's that. He's still great for those 50 points, but less exciting given how great the other pieces are.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Today was 800 points must have either a giant or colossal on your force.

I have a supreme intelligence that has been sitting on a shelf ever since I bought it so I had to bring it out.

I did the Kree

Supreme Intelligence at 250
Ronan the Accuser from GOTG
Dr. Minerva
4 Kree Privates
2 Kree Lieutenants
1 Kree General
Wonder Woman ID with KC on her cheap line

I kinda expected everyone to bring green batteries or white witches so I figured a colossal without multi attack was the way to go.

Round 1 versus Scientists
FF Giganta
The +2 perplex Reed Richards
The Steel that hurts robots
300 Point Superman from the Superman set
LOD FF Lex
50 point Iron Man

I think that was it. I won Map and chose Odym. It was nice and wide open. I did early positioning and my opponent came right for me, relying on all his perplex to keep defenses high. I had oodles of outwit though and took most of it away. Minerva charged Giganta and hit so now everyone had invulnerability. That was game breaking. I did lose a private to some focused fire but everything was too tough tough for him to handle, especially after supreme intelligence did 6 to Superman. Team fell as Supreme just picked them off one by one.

Round 2 versus Justice League

Mary Marvel
Worlds Finest Duo
Deadman
Mera
Divine Aura Wonder Woman
Superman and Batman Robot at 25
Utility Belt on Mary
Violet Lantern
JL ATA on all that gives a conditional +1 defense

I Haaaaate the worlds finest duo so much. I won map and used the other side of the Odym map with the big green lantern and 0 hindering. I mostly sidestepped my first turn and positioned. He moved out his squad into my range with the exception of the big robot. I thought about taking an Omni wave shot at it but after reading his card and seeing that just attacking the drat thing would be enough for the retaliation to trigger I decided to outwit a bunch and take a shot on the duo, which hit for 3 after invincible. Ronan tried to follow up but missed after he burned some theme probs pushing Mary marvel (I'd countered her prob) and worlds finest. He TK'd Wonder Woman next to a private and she made him go away. He then fired off his retaliation going for my intelligence. I had to burn 4 theme probs but it was enough to make him miss. One outwit from Minerva and shot from a lieutenant that was the end of the colossal. I moved a private next to worlds finest to prevent ranged stuff. Kept his hypersonic countered as well as movement. He killed my private with the duo. Worlds finest fell next turn to a duo of intelligence and Ronan. He then got in my grill and Minerva hit Mary to steal prob for my whole force. Then Mary was KO'd and he really lost his best offense. Wonder Woman wasn't enough to do it alone.

Round 3 versus the Sinestro corps.

Old School Colossal Sinestro
Lyssa Drax
Mongul
Corps Recruit
Tomar Tu?
Bedovian

I think that was it. I won map and tossed us on Odym again. First turn I moved up a bit. I kinda thought I'd be eating a multi attack move and shoot from the old colossal but he just moved up and didn't multi attack. I was able to perplex up Minerva's movement and charge Mongul. We burned all the theme prob we could on this as he did not want me to hit and I really did. Finally it came down to an impervious roll and he missed. Impervious for all! Then he shot Minerva to death as I didn't make a single roll. Her damage was done though and the big Sinestro had to come into Supreme's range to do it. He took 6 clicks for his trouble and then the privates took him down. He has some ridiculously bad clicks at the end of his dial. Mongul fell to ronin and that was basically it. He didn't have enough offense to chew through all my impervious and I had too much outwit with Supreme.

Ended up 3-0, really ended up liking the intelligence overall. I also forgot how absolutely rock solid Ronan is. Supreme was the hammer but Ronan was a solid attacker in his own right. Supermen robots were the most popular colossal with Sinestro being the funniest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

News about Civil War OP out of GAMA: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558550

The format sounds interesting; we only get 12-16 players consistently for big events anyway so I'm not sweating a player reduction on our standard two cases anyway, though the increased price hurts some. The draft format is odd, and aside from team building selection and Bounty cards the factions don't make a big difference. Those sculpts are super swanky.

As a judge I'm annoyed that there's no additional support; it was a nice thank you to get an LE for the time it takes to organize and corral players, but this time around I either get bupkis or join in which potentially bumps out a player and also hurts my impartiality.

I was speaking to my venue a few weeks ago and apparently the grand prize pack is expensive enough that we'd have to make a significant bump in cost for the final month, so we're opting instead to do four months of sealed and one month of constructed with a small buy-in, but with two kits all 16 players should walk away with two grand prize figures.

• Locked thread