Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Do I have to do it like this?
Anyone get clix for Christmas? My brother got me two SM/WW boosters and I got Mxy and Eclipso, which are some of the few SRs I need still, so I was pretty hyped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Morand posted:

So no posts about the amazing Poison Ivy they previewed yesterday?

Hi. I'm poison Ivy. I'm going to Mind Control your Superman to paste your batman and then he's going to base me. Did I mention he can't attack me now and if you attack me I'll be borrowing his impervious on top of my senses and shape change? No? Too bad.

The non Prime version is nasty too. It's a power action, but getting the Net Construct with a full smoke cloud worth of markers and the chance for action tokens and penetrating damage is strong.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

My Prerelease this weekend wasn't bad, walked away with both Red Rain and Gaslight Batman, the Batman and Katana ID cards and Ragman. KC Wonder Woman was the chase pulled and Poison Ivy was the prime.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

http://heroclix.com/design-insight/heroclix-design-insight/#axzz3zKPdHtSf

Making some changes to the changes announced yesterday. It's an improvement, but ideally, all standard powers should show on the back of the card with the dial and special powers and traits would be on front for maximum real estate to write those out.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Opened a case last night and was a little disappointed. Didn't get either the SR Batman or Superman, but I did get the duo. Chase was Wonder Woman, my least wanted KC figure and Prime was Superman, my least wanted Prime from the set. A lot of collecting ahead.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Morand posted:

Any interest in doing a prime for prime swap? I've got poison ivy's coming out my ears and kinda want that Superman.

Already have a Poison Ivy on the way, actually. 5 bucks on Ebay was too hard to pass up.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Morand posted:

Anything else you are looking for? I've got a buttload of CUR from this set. Feel free to PM

Just finished up my CUR at a release event this weekend. It's not that I don't want the Prime Supes either, I'm just saying if I had to pick the one for my case, he wouldn't have been it.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

CapnAndy posted:

:siren: A NINJA TURTLE HAS BEEN PREVIEWED. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. REPEAT, A NINJA TURTLE HAS BEEN PREVIEWED. :siren:

http://heroclix.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/17322/#axzz411srGU88

And a total monster in melee. Penetrating Flurry that you can move to any adjacent square of your target after each hit with an 11 attack for 50 points. Brutally efficient.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Anyone have a release event for TMNT tonight? Ours was buy 5 boosters, 200 points.

My team was:

001 Raphael
004 Leonardo
010 Foot Soldier (Chain Kama)
013 Baxter Stockman
005 Mouser

The common Turtles are ridiculous. Raphael's Sai power is just as powerful as I thought it would be, and Leo's Katana came up big with Blades, and even when not, being able to Sidestep away made the difference in keeping him safe. Also, Baxter Stockman is so strong, and will see play on teams outside of TMNT stuff. Healing or +1 to Speed and Attack is so nice., and the cheap Outwit, and later Perplex is big. Also, the Chain Kama Foot Soldier can create the opening to start a huge beatdown on one character. I ended up going 2-1 with this team and got the Mutagen Canister. Bought a box and ended up getting the Chase Michelangelo, which I couldn't be more happy about, those chases are the definition of hitting out of their weight class. Chases seem to be 1 every other display, so it's something to consider before you go in on one. Gonna be going to another event Saturday, and there's still plenty of Rares I still want, especially Shredder and Krang, but overall, this set is a ton of fun.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Had a 400 Point, you must have one Villain on your team tourney. I went with the Legion of Doom to give the "My Teammates are Worthless" ATA a try, and wow, it's a strong one.

My team was:

Lex and Joker @ 200 Pts
Edward Nigma from SLOSH @ 69 Pts
Giganta from SLOSH FF @ 100 Pts
My Teammates are Worthless x3 @ 15 Points

Match 1:

UXM 62 Magneto @ 150
UXM 40 Magneto @ 90
UXM 50 Beast @ 60
SLOSH Gates @ 50
Sinestro Corps Battery w/ Ring and Crossbow, Decoy, Wall and Scissors @ 40

Opponent won map roll and took it to Jean Gray's mansion, plenty of Walls for his Magneto to chew up. He advanced just short of my full perplexed range of Lex and Joker, so I progressed slowly, dropping barriers to cut off the main hallway. He brought in all of his force except the non-chase Magneto with Gates. However, on my turn, to play it safe, both Giganta and Lex took -2 off of Nigma's defense to protect themselves, but the Chase Magneto was able to quickly dispatch Giganta with the free action attacks. I quickly fired back with Lex and Joker though, using the -2 to add +2 to Lex and Joker's attack, and then perplexing damage to drop effectively a ranged flurry taking out Gates, and narrowly missing Beast. Nigma, using Batman Enemy, was able to land a MC on Beast and charge him into the non-Chase Magneto for a heavy hit. Lex and Joker were able to dodge effectively, and Nigma stuck around for another turn before going down. I was able to pick off both Beast and Non-Chase Magneto the next turn with Lex and Joker. The remaining Magneto almost took down Lex and Joker, but missed his last attack and I was able to Duo Attack for the win next turn.

Match 2:
DCOP Composite Superman @ 300
WOL Black Lantern Reanimate x2 @ 70
WOL Black Hand posessing Composite Superman @ 25 Points
SLOSH Mon-El (Prime), Superboy, Computo, and one other character I can't think of on the Sideboard for Composite Superman

He won roll, stuck with the same map, and his strategy was clear from the go, he wanted to be able to land on 1 for his dice so he could use Computo's "Stop Click" to only ever take 1 damage, making the match a slog. Thankfully, he never managed to land on that. He quickly moved out into the Library section of the mansion, and blew out a wall while I was feeling out his range. The wall he blew out put me just in range for a double sidestep with Lex and Joker and also a Sidestep Charge with Giganta, managing to dole out 8 clix of damage in a single turn when he had Invincible, being backed up by the attack stolen from Nigma. He tried to put up a counterattack, but missed his attack, and his Composite Superman went down shortly after, and the Reanimates on their own were of little consequence.

We only went two rounds as we only had 6 guys playing, including the Judge, and 2 of the guys playing already had the set of figures, so we handed out figures from there. All my Teammates are Worthless is really strong, and if you can steal values off of a support piece, and have a way like Batman Enemy to mitigate the loss, you can do some serious damage with it. Also, this was my first time using the World's Vilest, and I don't know how I underestimated this fig before, and especially when their combat values don't drop, and they're sitting on a 13 Attack with 5 Damage for both shots of a Duo attack..

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

The Grammar Aryan posted:

Looks like somebody revealed the Defenders monthly OP kit, featuring Moon Knight, Shang-Chi, and Shroud!

A pretty decent showing all around, but I'm really liking that Shang-Chi. Yes, yes, let's just make a ton of attacks for 1 damage each with Precision Strike, or switch to a pain in the rear end defensive mode.

Oh man. That Shang Chi + Anything with Outsiders TA is going to be insane. I'm thinking the 25 point Nightwing from the WF FF is going to go quite nicely with this.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Superior Spiderman may be one of the most efficient melee pieces I've ever played. The Flurry trait he gets combined with Spider verse and the Web trait seems to ensure whatever he hits dies.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

So, as it turns out, Ammargon (sp?) Is just as nasty as everyone expected. Pulled him in a snake draft tourney last night, and I hit every single opponent on turn 2 with a 12 square phasing "charge" with an Ultra heavy. I then proceeded to eat the rest of their team each and every time. Raphael and Squirrelanoid were also there.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

ManiacClown posted:

Unless they change it, TK does place the character, so no Poison then. I like that tweak they made. I like even more that I got a shoutout as one of the people suggesting the tweak! Here's what I actually suggested to them:

I think he was suggesting you use a TK piece to move another character adjacent to your poison piece. This wouldn't break the move or place on the character who has poison.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Our store ran an event tonight for grabs from our Prize Box which basically has a bunch of left over OP Kit figures, and the format was bring 150 Points, and open 2 GOTG Vol 2 packs to make a 300 point team. I finally got around to running the Arrow pack for 140 Points, and my pulls were on fire with pulling Nebula and the Rocket/Groot Duo. However, I couldn't play both, so I dropped Nebula and was allowed to mulligan and buy a 3rd pack to get my points closer, and I pulled Mantis.

Arrow from the Arrow pack is so much better than I thought he'd be. Typically, I'd drop him into the bike for the first few rounds, pop off a few shots with the Bike soaking up damage, and then pop him out of the bike before it dies and started firing/fighting with RCE/CCE, and really tearing things up. Rocket/Groot Duo is also really strong, the Groot Twig pog is really nasty with the Plasticity/Poison/18 Defense combo, and having Enhancement and not being an automatic kill, because that will turn the Duo into a beast. At one point, I had Diggle and Groot Twig providing Enhancement to Arrow as Arrow was firing over the Twig at a character. I ended up taking 2nd to a guy who was throwing fireballs for dice, just absolutely did not miss a roll and walked away with the Speed Bag OP Kit Flash and the Justice League Atom. Really excited to give that Nebula a shot as well, she seems like a really nasty piece to deal with.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Torrent posted:

Had our Avengers/Defenders pre-release tonight. Don't know if it was lack of interest in the set, or what, but the turnout was the lowest for a pre-release that I can remember. Only had four people show up to play, and none of them were excited about it. Our pulls really bore out that lack of excitement - two super rares between the five of us (Moondragon and old man Cap), and one figure above 85 points (Count Nefaria). The highest-point figure from my two boosters was uncommon Hawkeye at 55... if I'd gotten to play, I would've needed to use 8 of my 10 figures to get to 300 points, but we had even numbers, so I sat out.

The games seemed to pretty much be all uninteresting slogs, with figures lining up to bump into each other rather than pulling any cool tricks. Nefaria seemed like he'd walk away with things, but bad dice and everybody else having to run a giant swarm managed to take him down a couple times. Looked like the big MVPs of the night were Moondragon and the Defend Dr. Strange.

The idea that this and Joker's Wild are likely the two sets used for sealed at Origins and Gen-Con is pretty depressing. Usually, when one side has a stinker of a set, the other side has something fun...

I think both JW and from what it sounds like, A/D sounds like they're both pretty bad for sealed. I just don't think you can do a lot in sealed with a lot of these low point figured, but constructed makes them shine a lot more. Hopefully Elseworlds/What if? doesn't have the same issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Sanschel posted:

Out of curiosity, what are y'all's stores doing for the colossal op events? I went with constructed modern Marvel then DC for the first two and I want the Merc Jet and Titano to have more creative stips, but I'm coming up dry on ideas.

We did 600 points constructed for Dormamu and 400 points, fliers only constructed for the Invisible Plane.

• Locked thread