Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Signal boosting the "buy a CUR set and buy powerful singles to supplement" answer.

If you live anywhere in the vicinity of a consistent playgroup, I'm sure you can get a mess of disparate CURs with at least a grip of good staple CUs for free.

If you want to profit off some recent power creep, I'd get a Superman / Wonder Woman CUR. If Marvel is more your thing, I'd look for a Guardians of the Galaxy CUR. Avengers Assemble and Nick Fury: Agent of SHIELD are both very theme-heavy sets, with the former being Avengers + Initiative and the latter being SHIELD + Hydra. If those are your thing, go hog wild, but bear in mind that AA has a lot of junk CUs and NFAOS will give you a large number of low-point themed generics.

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Dec 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
I made the most joyous face reading that team list.

Morand, please please please run Team Mean Green 2015.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

My top vote is Ultrons, though Hydra+Hand, SHIELD, or Kree would also be great fun. I think more defensively oriented themes would wind up dragging the game out way too much.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

The guys who got me into the game are all about 1000-2000pt beatdown home games, but yeah, we as an aggregate are a fairly competitive and prize-centered lot. YMMV, but I would expect any public playgroups to exist by virtue of events. The game is balanced for tourney point levels, and while I personally enjoy huge games with no time limit you can definitely tell it warps the game in various ways.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Spent $20 at my FLGS today, got the whole Gamma OP Kit, BvS Armored Bats, and a KC Supes pull. Good day.

On that note, if anyone pulls Turtles stuff next month and isn't keen on keeping it, I'll be in the market to complete the set and will have a handful of money pieces for trade among other things. Quinjet, Zombie Doc Ock, Capcycle, etc. If my GF pulls are just rear end, I might even break KC Supes + filler for the turtle chase set depending on going prices.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Count me in for editing. I'm not quite a rules guru, but I live to proofread. Will PM you my email address for future use.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Buy a case at discount (pre-order or FLGS reward discount where applicable) or trade and buy singles. Judging from what the SRs are going for, if you buy a brick and don't get a chase you're SOL. SMWW and WF were both this way.

If you can strike any kind of purchase deal with your FLGS owner to either get lower prices or better odds, it's worth it, but at MSRP I would not get a brick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Morand posted:

Anyone know any good modders? Andy and I were talking about spider verse teams and I mentioned that the Superman Robot would make a decent leopardon. Now we want to mod one and make that happen but we are both untalented when it comes to modding. We'd also like to mod a Juston Seyfert into Supdaida-man since his goal is basically just to shout at leopardon to attack things.

Let me know. This is a thing we must make happen and we are willing to pay.

If you find a modder, please let me know. I'm very, very interested in how this proceeds.

• Locked thread