Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

This last Sunday was a 400 pt game where lines of fire to characters could not be drawn and the only attacks that could be made had to be close combat, and HSS was full movement Charge. I opted to abuse some New Hotness:

CW Sentry
AA Cap
Reptil
CW Luke Cage
Avengers Response Unit

To say that Cap and Sentry pair is abusive is putting it mildly; there were exactly two turns in three rounds of play, not counting first turn, that Sentry didn't attack something. That you don't even need to technically succeed at Leadership to remove a token from Sentry is absurd, but actually making it means that Cap was letting both Sentry and Luke or Reptil act multiple times in a row. With multiple Leaderhsips Sentry is a pepetual motion machine of mayhem, to say nothing of the fact that in the two games he took enough damage to land on his first stop click he wound up with +1. Backed with the ATA and Empower and he was rocking 12/19/5 every turn, things didn't last long. In light of this, it's super weird to me that no Norman Osborn or Green Goblin has Leadership to pair with Sentry, but Cap spreading the love (on a couple of occasions Sentry started a turn with two action tokens and had 0 by the time the beginning of the turn was over) makes up for it.

Honorable mention goes to Cage, who I enjoyed the durability of, lasting way longer against heavy Exploit Weakness hits than a figure of his point cost really ought to. It's just rough to position him once the Battle Fury shows up if he's not already based with somebody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Having now seen the entire set, I have to say I am firmly in the camp of buying a CUR, Hydro Man, and the three SRs I want most (Zemo, Ares, Chameleon) and piecing the rest out later. I guess a sketch variant would be a neat pull if they sell well, but they have no inherent draw and I don't care enough about Spidey allies to bother gambling for a chase and the majority of the baddies are below SR.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I got to play in my second Civil War this month, at the smaller venue where we're doing a two booster sealed for 300 points then having two four player matches. I ran:

Mach-IV
Falcon
Yellow jacket
Iron Spidey

Game one featured opposing teams of Mach-IV/Yellowjacket/Bullseye/Spidey, Songbird/Stature/Bullseye/Namorita, and Punisher/Jack O Lantern/Speedfreek/Wiccan. The early focus was a dogpile on the Speedfreek team; SF himself went down to the Bullseye/Mach-IV combo and Wiccan took a beating, while Stature flubbed her opening shot on a push with her trait and then ate 2 from Bullseye, and the second Bullseye crit missed his opening. By the time it came around to me again, I was able to KO Stature with Spidey, have Falcon shove Bullseye off a roof (seriously kind of in love with that Falcon), and have Mach kill snipe Wiccan. And so it went for the rest of the game; figures would almost get KO'd and I'd wind up stealing the points. By the end of it I had only lost Spidey, but managed 460 points, beating second place by 250.

Round 2 it didn't matter how I fared as long as I KO'd something and stalled out points for the other guys. Again, I took out a Stature early, then Songbird, and eventually a Radioactive Man. I was greatly helped this game by an opponent using Jester's bots to completely stymy some other opponents' Running Shot and allow me to dismantle some figures, it wouldn't have worked half as well without them. At the end I'd scored nearly 800 points, second place getting 300, and got an LE Cap for my trouble (then traded for Namorita and Radioactive Man); it pays to be a kill stealing jerk sometimes.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Double posting for Mephisto, who looks drat fun and accurate as hell: http://heroclix.com/marvel-heroclix...hampion-figure/

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Ares has been coded: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8699144&postcount=4298 He's really good without being abusive, I'm very happy with him.

I played Giant Size X-Men this weekend (the eight 50 point old school pieces from UXM plus DP Banshee). I expected Banshee to not feel lovely since most of those pieces don't hit very hard, but I hadn't accounted for how much of a bonus Thunderbird gives if you use his Exploit to KO him on your turn and give yourself two turns of +1 stats to your entire team. Everybody hitting for 3-6 damage with 5-6 actions (because of course I'll push to make the most of that buff), along with Banshee making things softer and easier to hit, and I still felt kind of dirty using that team.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

It looks like a fun as hell set despite a few weird character choices (Power Man/Iron Fist) or particularly odd sculpt reuse (Mr Hyde is apparently Kingpin with a wig and a cape). I love all the Sinister Syndicate, Masters of Evil, and Serpent Society, and i don't see myself playing a good guy for a long while.

The lack of flight on any goblin is incredibly weird, especially given that Betty Brant specifically neuters Fliers named Hobgoblin, yet is worthless against the one in the same set as her.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Had my first Spidey today, ran a Sinister Syndicate team of:

Doc Ock
Hobgoblin
Green Goblin
Vulture
Thug

Round 1 vs Cloak, Kingpin, Hobgoblin, Carnage. I won map and picked the Neighborhood, moving my guys up the rooftops since he didn't have much by range so I wasn't concerned about getting shot. He clears and my guys Sidestep forward some more, and I bait Carnage with Goblin and the Thug; he takes it and goes for Gobbie, only managing a 2 blades so I opt for the hit on Norman. Ock Sidesteps down and prepares to four arm attack him but he makes Shape Change, so Hobbie sidles forward and positions to blast him for 4 thanks to Gobbie'd Enhancement. Vulture Charges but whiffs the attack. His Kingpin and Hobbie move up and Carnage misses an attack on Vulture, then Green Goblin misses and we both clear. His Hobgoblin hits Vukture, but Carnage misses by 1 thanks to Vulture's trait. Ock goes for another attack and misses all four, while Hobgoblin Sidesteps to knock Kingpin off Outwit. He clears, I clear, and he hits Green Goblin for 1 with exploit and puts him on Super Strength. Ock makes another try and misses all four goddam attacks again. Finally I'm done with it and push Hobbie to shoot and KO Carnage with Perplex help, then Outwit his Hobbie's Shape Change and smash him with a heavy from Goblin. Then it's just clean up on the rest.

Round 2 vs Miles, Ben, Spider-Girl, MJ, and Vulture, so close to a Spidey Family theme. I opted for the bank with map roll this time, then moved up inside the cubicles. He positioned his figures and we both cleared, but he'd left Vulture just close enough that I could Perplex up Hobgoblin's range and snipe him for 4, then I moved the Thug to block LoF. He attempted to shoot Hobgoblin with Spider-Girl but Shape a change forced him to shoot the Thug, then he successfully Spider-Verse summoned Ben to take a shot on Hobgoblin, but again was forced to take out the Thug. Hobgoblin retaliated on Ben and my Vulture swooped in to take him out, then his Vulture came up and based my crew. I made a breakaway Sidestep with Ock to do a four arm attack as now I had all his figures but MJ in range; I first attacked Spider-Girl hitting her twice, he Shape Changed Miles so I killed Vulture, then Spider-Girl made her Super Senses on the last attack. But since I'd hit her twice Spider-Girl was at -2 defense so I countered Senses and had Goblin KO her. Miles attempted to shoot the Goblins but missed. Ock countered Combat Reflexes and I pushed Goblin to use Outwit via Ock's power to counter Shape Change, then Vulture swooped in and landed a hit with a 6 blades for game.

Round 3 vs Morlun, Spidey Noir, two Thugs. We were on the neighborhood and both slowly moved up the rooftops, but I'd placed objects at every ladder so Morlun was having a rough go. Eventually he was close enough that I could push Vulture to Charge, so I moved Ock down to counter Impervious, Perplexed up Vulture's attack, and Charged carrying Norman, landing a four damage blades after a theme prob. Morlun whiffed his followup by one, and Noir moved forward. Hobgoblin killed a Thug and I countered Invuln to then Sidestepped to use four arm attack with Ock, landing two hits to KO Morlun and the other two on Noir. Noir managed to kill Vulture, then I missed all my attacks and cleared. He cleared, then Ock did his thing and KO'd both Noir and the second Thug.

Final thoughts: the Syndicate pieces in this set gel together really well. Everybody had a use and I didn't feel I had a wasted figure once. Thugs are an incredible cannon fodder piece with a dial just long enough to require an opponent to waste two actions to KO them with most pieces. Vulture is amazing with that Trait, especially as he's so pushable to that click 2 Combat Reflexes. Green Goblin didn't do a lot on his own but a secondary attacker with support powers is never unwelcome. Hobgoblin was good as my main ranged piece; I never actually got to see his power in action as I either made Shape Change or KO'd the thing with the marker on it before it would ever trigger. And Ock was very impressive, he'd seemed like a poor man's LE Ock to me but he provides a different enough role via his damage power and being able to punch through people to be unique and fun.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I grabbed two boosters last night and snagged Power Man/Iron Fist and Ares, so if I can turn that not-duo into Baron Zemo I'll basically be done with this set.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I'll probably wind up just buying the few things I need; besides Hydro Man I don't see any of the SRs I want staying at more than $15 a pop.

Speaking of Hydro Man, there is some hosed up things with pulling that figure. I saw two pulled yesterday; one had a Sandman card and no clixFX marker, the other came with a water marker but had a Sandman card and the base and dial were Mr Hyde with the Hydro Man sculpt attached. Add to that a brick with two chases; a brick with seven sketch variants; and a case with seven SRs, two of which were regular Kraven, and four duplicate Rares but only four sketch variants across all 20 boosters and there's some wonky poo poo happening with the packaging of this set.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

My only suggestion is to replace the three 50 point xmen with two Thugs and one 55 point Xmen (Sunfire or Kitty +prime) and a Great Eagle.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

It just occurred to me you can't use the prime Sunfire as an add-on since you're using Superman, though it just means a few more points to work with.

My buddy and I have been spitballing Thug uses; my favorite is with Baron Strucker as cheap fodder to give your more useful figures stat bonuses, he's fond of the Civil War Namor giving them +1 attack.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Morand I may steal that team for tomorrow, I have too many 500 point teams in my head but drat if that don't look fun.

Joker and Riddler were previewed from Joker's Wild: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558595&page=47

Joker is a good plinking damage piece that provides Perplex and rerolls, while Riddler essential provides 3 uses of Outwit for 50 points. And I thought the SLoSH one was ridiculous.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Question: what figures have been made who gain their power from a patron deity that demands regular tithes? I'm thinking along the lines of Juggernaut and Moon Knight being powered by Cyttorak and Khonshu and offering them tributes of destruction and blood to keep their powers up. The only other close approximation I can think of would be Hood getting his powers roundabout via Dormammu.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Very nice, glad that team worked out so well, Morand!

For that "patron diety" team I like the Silver Swan/Mars and background, plus I'll never otherwise use that figure, so:

UXM U Juggernaut
SFoSM Moon Knight
Hood @ 70
Silver Swan

Comes to 395, with Swan providing a bit of much needed flying Carry and an easy push to Enhancement for Hood/MK to make use of. I could also switch Moon Knight for the monthly LE one if I wanted to use an ATA, since as is there's nothing worth slapping on any of them.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Even barring Krang, the two of them with Shredder is bananas.

"You guys get Willpower and I help you hit harder. Every time you numbskulls screw up I get to heal or remove an action token, and every two times you screw up one of you gets to heal and remove an action token."

That's not even counting the 80 points left on a 300 team. I need to sell stuff to make sure I can get a case of that set.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Speaking of Shredder, they previewed a different version of the 84 comic series one that I believe the Con LE is also supposed to represent: http://heroclix.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/018-Shredder.jpg

For half the points of the Con Le this one can remove tokens from both Bebop and Rocksteady, and trades up reducers for raw stats. A nasty little close combat Foot Clan monster.

By the by, I have a Spider-Gwen I don't particularly care about, if anybody has a SR Spidey they'd like to trade for it (or maybe towards a Hydro-Man, the only Masters of Evil piece in the game I don't have).

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Sep 7, 2016

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I've never finished a tournament with a tie, the times it's happened has always resulted in a roll-off, I don't even know how you'd advance rounds if you recorded a tie.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

My vote would be for Masters of Evil, because they're my favorite villain team and seriously when is the Wrecking Crew not a blast to play? Especially giving them all Sidestep and attack bumps, woof!

Is anybody looking for some extra Marvel zombie chases? I bought a lot for a song and I'd like to make some money back but I'd give a goon a good deal.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

In case anybody missed it, a bunch of Turtles 2 dials were posted: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558264 Not as many generics but the human Foot Soldiers are possible more insanely good than the robot ones, and lots of new good dials.

Two chases are up too: http://heroclix.com/teenage-mutant-...llectro-chases/ Both are very good, but hopefully the superhero alternate versions will be less expensive to gather than the previous chases were.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I need that shark dude, because c'mon, it's a giant cyborg shark.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

And also really low point values, I didn't think Dr Fate or Alan Scott could even get as low as 35-40.

Also that shark dude from the Turtles set was posted in the above-linked thread and holy poo poo, that guy is gonna be rough to deal with.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Today was a 400 point game where all figures on your force had to be female. I came up with an easy half dozen teams but the one that won out was Femizons:

SFSM Anaconda
CW Songbird
UXM Vertigo
AoU Yellowjacket w/Guardians ATA
AA Moonstone

Round 1 semi-mirror match vs Femizons: Moonstone, Superia, Titania, the TK Mandarin ring. I opted for the non-destroyed NML Dock map and moved just shy of Pulse Wave range while he futzed about trying to get Titania to grab the ring. After clearing, I had Songbird TK Moonstone while Yellowjacket toted Vertigo up to theme prob range, Perplexed up Moonstone's damage and got off a single target Pulse Wave on her dopppleganger. He used Superia & Titania to KO my Moonstone, then based Vertigo with his. I pushed Songbird to TK Anaconda, who got a damage bump and finished off Moonstone, then had Vertigo double Incap Superia and Titania. There were a few more turns but he couldn't do anything but move and clear, as I eventually had Vertigo and Songbird meet up and had a lucky streak of Leadership and Justice Like Lightning rolls such that I was double Incapping the pair of them every turn. Ultimately I won by virtue of his Moonstone having the Thunderbolts ATA.

If it hadn't taken me so long to figure out how to knock his Moonstone off the first half of her dial, I'd have had more time to probably KO at least Superia, but truthfully I probably under moved the first turn which made me have to overextend the attack, otherwise I could've gotten Anaconda into a useful position on the same turn as Moonstone.

Round 2 vs X-Men: Blink, Dagger, AvX Hope, UXM Emma, UXM c Storm. I opted for Starlord's Ship, a map I honestly forgot existed and really enjoy the layout of. I moved my ladies up to just outside of Blink's 'port attack range, and he responded by getting up in my face and laying down a Smoke Cloud while boosting all defenses. Luckily for me, Anaconda don't give no shits about being based, grabbing Yellowjacket and Phasing behind a wall to pop Storm in the mouth; goodbye Smoke Cloud. Moonstone Outwit's Blink's defense and Songbird manages to blast her and KO Storm, but Vertigo missed the followup attack on Blink even with the Marauders stat boost. His turn and Hope borrows Sidestep to slide next to Moonstone, but he forgot it's a free action and he then couldn't grab blades so she just jabbed Songbird for 2. Blink pushed for a Flurry/Blades on Vertigo, but I Sensed out of the first attack and the second did a measly 1 damage. My next turn, Yellowjacket Sidesteps out for a 3 damage strike on Emma thanks to Perplex, then Moonstone Outwitted Hope's Combat Reflexes and Anacoda socked her, then Moonstone followed up. Hope and Dagger both miss their attacks while Blink and Emma clear, then Yellowjacket uses Perplex to up her damage and finish Blink, healing Vertigo, while Songbird hits Hope and shoves her away on her last click. Emma and Dagger manage to KO Vertigo, then back to my turn where Anaconda evacs with Yellowjacket behind a wall but misses Emma, so Moonstone gets a Pulse Wave that hits the three of them and finishes Hope. They KO Songbird, and just as time is called Yellowjacket gets Emma.

He straight up forgot about the Serpent Society trait, and with her toting around Yellowjacket that pair was nasty as hell, able to attack every turn and never be bothered by positioning thanks to Sidestep.

Round 3 vs Kryptonians: Alura, 150 Apokalips Supergirl w/Amazon ATA, the female minions from the original Superman set. We stayed on Starlord's ship and both moved up, and when I saw the only attack he could make on turn two I scattered my team with Sidestep such that Moonstone was his only target and I had plenty of theme prob lined up while he had only one; he busted a wall with one generic, moved up Alura with a push, Outwitted my Outwit, the Charged Moonstone with Supergirl, rolling a crit miss which he probbed into a hit which I probbed into a miss, then countered Pulse Wave. I then went to work on Supergirl: Incap with Vertigo for a -2 defense, Incap with Songbird and make Justice so she doesn't keep a token, Perplex Anaconda's damage and tag her for 2 after reduction, then flub the attack with Moonstone. Next turn she goes for the free Quake but fails, Outwitting Outwit; Songbird hits her for the KO and makes Justice to remove the token from Moonstone, then I Sidestep away so she can Pulse Wave Alura and tag her Yellowjacket, at which point he conceded.

This team was seriously a blast, so much Sidestep and utility and most of them under 90 points. Moonstone was more useful as a bullseye for opponents to focus on while the rest of the team picked them apart. It was crazy how those disparate traits worked well together to let them function as a unit, and I can only imagine how much fun they'd be at higher points, say 600 with Superia and Black Mamba in the mix.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I got my case in today: Renet, Shellectro, Kraang Subprime, every rare but Slash, and three of every generic except the Karai Soldiers and Squirrelanoids. Honestly this SRs in this set are so good, I don't think it's possible to get one and be bummed about it, unlike the Baxter Fly from set 1 who was an underwhelming choice for that rarity. The sculpts are dope and the dials rock; my only complaint is that the new cards seem to get way more hosed up in a single figure booster than the old one, but they're also a smidge easier to bend and reform to be mostly flat.

After trades and a few buys I've almost got a complete set already, I just need to turn a spare Shellectro into a Graviturtle.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

What the actual gently caress :psyduck:

I mean I'm no longer worried about the low point costs of the JSA, but holy poo poo.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I'm curious about the current meta too, I'm going to an Open here in Washington in November and I should probably make a team. I think Joker comes out too soon before it so I can't use figures from that set, otherwise I'd be tempted to run:

Atom x4
Renet SR
Vanisher
Ultron Drone x3
ID cards x4

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Part of me hopes a lot of these old school JSA sculpts get reworked into their 2000s counterparts with more palatable power levels, but that would be nearly 18 figures for a sub theme which I don't think has ever happened, because instead we need another Deadshot using a sniper rifle. I wish the JSA were just getting their own set instead of being shoehorned in with Batman villains.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Oct 20, 2016

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

To say nothing of what looks like an awesome sculpt.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Tuesday we have a 500 point game where only one figure on your force can be a named character and the rest have to be generic. I'd like to run a horde of Foot Soldiers but had a few questions: between the two GF Shredders, which would be the better option, or should I opt for Krang? And what assemblage of soldiers should I go for? The new ones are brutally efficient for the points and have better mobility and protection moving forward than the robots, but the chance to self-resurrect is super tempting. I have at least three of each kind so I could try for some kind of even split between the nine types.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Yeah but the last Geo-Force was overcosted for his stats due to a potentially cool but ultimately worthless gimmick, this one is just aces for his points. If you haven't already seen it, Scott Porter is doing a case unboxing this week, the JSA continues to be frustratingly strong and weak at the same time except for Wildcat, who is just fantastic in every way.

Tonight's trip report, I took your advice Morand and went with Krang and nine Foot Soldiers with the Robot ATA; could've done more with some spider-bots but I wanted the themed probs.

Round 1 vs Apokalips: 350 Darkseid and three of the colossal stamina Parademons. We both moved up, he hadn't accounted for Krang's stat buffs so I gave him a boost to attack and damage and walloped Darkseid for 5 after Impervious with knockback down a building, so his only counterattack option was to Phase and shoot, which he whiffed. Krang landed another big hit and a solid Blades roll from a Katana robot finished him off. The Parademons were actually a bit harder and managed to KO three foot soldiers before falling.

Round 2 vs Blue Lantern Corps: Sayd with Adara, six recruits. He won map and opted for an open one, landing the first hit on some foot soldiers but not KOing any. Krang went for a big hit on Sayd and he pushed most of his force trying to avoid the hit but it stuck. For his trouble Krang got knocked down to his Plasticity/Poison click, which worked to prevent Sayd from using Adara's running shot to kill Krang, as there was no way he could get where he needed to go without passing adjacent to Krang and stopping completely. I had one foot soldier finish off a recruit as time was called, winning since we'd spent so long on those few opening strikes.

Round 3 vs Soldier hodgepodge featuring General Lane. I took the homefield advantage on the Terrordrome and moved up, he tried to bait me with an Extremist Mercenary but I shut that poo poo down quickly. He managed to tag Krang thanks to Superman Enemy, but with some ultra lights the Chain Kama were able to open a path to Lane and drag him over so that my Bo Staff could pop him in the noggin for a KO. After that we had a lot of back and forth plinking each other but no more meaningful attacks until time was called (Krang was busy slowly eating dudes with Steal Energy but he kept making breakaway after one hit and skeedaddling).

Krang is just impressive, he manages to outclass other figures beyond his point cost and frustrate even as he's dying. The foot soldiers are always a blast and I can't wait for a format where I can use them with Shredder, Bebop, & Rocksteady.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

This set is so bizarre; it's got some of the best versions of figures like Wildcat and Joker, but then Killer Moth and Plastic Man who are just boring or not terribly useful and huge disappointments for how long we've been waiting for them. The dial design is really spastic, like they put in effort on half of it and then just phoned it in with a bunch of three click dials and called it a new design process. I'm not sure this set even warrants a CUR purchase from me.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Speaking of con exclusive:

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

We had our Joker's Wild sealed today, I pulled and played:

Johnny Thunder
Riddler
Wildcat
Bronze Tiger

Round 1 vs Shiva, Fate, zip line Robin, Merlyn, Green Arrow, New 52 Harley. He picked an open map and moved up, I chose TK with Johnny and shot Tiger up, he whiffed one attack on Arrow but the second hit. He missed the followup attacks and on my turn Wildcat swept in and wounded Merlyn. Again he failed his counter attacks, and Johnny took Running Shot to zip up and snipe shiva and arrow, while Tiger popped Robin. He finally landed a hit on Tiger, but only for 1 from Robin. Riddler used his Outwit and Clue to shut down Harley's Shape Change and Shiva's defense and Tiger finished them off. By now his team had bunched up so Johnny took Energy Explosion and secured a crit hit on Merlyn, taking out him, Robin, and Arrow. Poor Fate didn't last past his next turn.

Round 2 vs Talon, Owl Assassin, Calculator, C Joker. He chose Blackgate and moved up, I had Wildcat go for a Charge/Quake on the Owls but only hit the Assassin. After that it was a long slog of back and forth between the Owls and my fighting cats, with Johnny providing occasional backup or Poison but often missing his attacks thanks to Calculator. Tiger managed to get Talon down to his regen clicks, but Johnny took a few dings as a result because Talon gets Outwit. The cats finish off Talon with help from Riddler (who spent most of the game doing nothing) while Johnny moved to KO Calculator (Joker fell to Poison earlier).

Round 3 vs Batman, Bane, Deadshot. We were on Prison 42, I moved up the side while Bats and Bane busted down a wall to prep for me to move up. I had Wildcat and Bronze Tiger move up to attempt a strike on Bats, but Tiger missed and crit missed, and Riddler moved up and Clue'd Bane's Charge, basically neutering him for the rest of the game. For everything I tried I just couldn't hit Batman, and his Outsiders/Outwit trait is a pain in the rear end. Eventually he had Bane move forward after Bats knocked both of my cats to last click, but with some ridiculous rolls and his lack of using a Venom pump, I was able to KO him in one turn (a 6 blades and then 5 more from wildcat and Johnny). We went a few more rounds but aside from Batman finally getting Tiger nothing noteworthy happened.

Final verdict: Bronze Tiger and Wildcat are as solid of brawlers as they look on paper, they'll just mess you up. Riddler is pretty ridiculous, especially once I realized the Clue doesn't have to be next to or even within line of fire of Riddler, just within 6 squares of the target; I would place it way off behind walls and in hard to reach corridors where you either had to get past my entire team to get to it or waste a turn doing nothing but going out of your way to move through it. He's stupid good for 50 points for have two ways to counter. Johnny is just plain fun; it's not a guarantee to pick a power and then you have to choose wildly, but with regen and steal energy (and some solid as hell last clicks) he can take risks or do ridiculous things too. That he already has a limited use Perplex and Prob means he can't choose those which also limits exactly what he can opt for, and I appreciate the tactical decisions that have to be made, weighing a better attack power over Willpower or something supportive that leaves him open defensively. I prefer that design to the carte blanche of Jakeem which just seems abusive.

That said, I bought some Turtles boosters and pulled and extra Blobboid that I'd like to turn into Jakeem if possible, as well as one more Joker's Wild booster with Plastic Man, who I really don't like and would like to trade for Penguin or the HAHAHA Joker.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Question, just looking at making teams based on dumb similarities: who are some people that spin? I'm not talking like wind people like the Red Tornados, but characters whose primary power is being really good at spinning. So far I've got Whirlwind, The Top, Riptide, and the Tornado Twins (technically speedsters but they spun to hide that from the populace of the future where speedsters were outlawed), am I missing any? The three villains make 230 and I think it'd be cool to get one more for a 300 point team.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Next week we're doing four player 400 point shock the turtle, and I've made too many teams. I don't care about winning so my focus for building has been on controlled knockback to shove people towards the enclosing wall of death, or tricks to hold them in place and suffer damage that way. So far I've got:

Secret Society:
Mallah
Felix Faust
Amazo
Crazy Quilt

Basically just hope to roll onto a suitably annoying Faust spell while the rest do their thing, Quilt seemed fun in a multiplayer scenario.

Outlaws:
Silver Sable w/Spidey family Ata
AA Sandman
Cat prime
Battlestar

This one I've just had in my back pocket for a while, but Sandman throwing down a Barrier around somebody and leaving out while they take damage seemed funny.

All New X-Men
FF Jean, Cyke, Beast, Angel
UXM Iceman, X-23

Iceman can lock down with barrier while Jean and Cyke reposition whomever I want, the rest are also there.

Rogues
Captain Cold
Heat wave
Weather Wizard
FF Mirror Master
Task force X or Rogues ATA

Cold throws ice blocks everywhere, heat wave either lands attacks or boxes somebody in, 2/3 of Wizard's special power can result in a chance to knockback, and they can copy Suicide squad to heal as they die.

Defenders
Goliath
SR iceman
Nighthawk
DofP Angel
Avengers Response Unit

Another team I've just had in the back of my mind. Iceman would be a great way to lock down many figures at once, but otherwise it just seemed fun, possibly incredibly fun if I can convince the right opponent to choose the option for Nighthawk that gives all figures not friendly to nighthawk -1 defense.

Thoughts?

Morand posted:

I've not used it but I'm not a fan. You need to jump through too many hoops to use it, and most cheap shield pieces you could yank over are better at range.

Not to mention that the other Shield ATA is great for when somebody miscalculated the range of an Outwit.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

They also announced the other Con LEs for the year:

For the first time ever, HeroClix players will have the opportunity to win:
* 2017 DC Comics HeroClix: Plastic Man Con LE Prize Figure
* 2017 DC Comics HeroClix: Zeus Con LE Prize Figure
* 2017 Marvel HeroClix: Spider-Carnage Con LE Prize Figure
* 2017 ‪TMNT‬ HeroClix: Cyber Shredder Con LE Prize Figure
* 2017 DC Comics HeroClix: Penguin B Con LE Bystander Token
* 2017 DC Comics HeroClix: Penguin C Con LE Bystander Token
* 2017 Marvel HeroClix: Rockabilly MODOK Con LE Bystander Token
* 2017 Marvel HeroClix: Dropbear Con LE Bystander Token
* 2017 Marvel HeroClix: Homicide Crab Con LE Bystander Token
* 2017 Marvel HeroClix: Rocket Raccoon Con LE Bystander Token
* 2017 Marvel HeroClix: Squirrel/Squirrel Man Con LE Bystander Token

On top of that, HeroClix players will now be able to purchase:
* DC Comics HeroClix: Superman vs. Muhammad Ali Con LE Set*
* DC Comics HeroClix: Colossal Sinestro Throwback Con LE Figure
* DC Comics HeroClix: Doomsday Con LE Figure**
* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles HeroClix: Bebop and Rocksteady Con LE Figure

I'm happy to see WizKids is kind of going to be at GenCon; I can't go this year but hopefully they'll still be there next year if I can swing it. Regardless I may need to throw money at some kindly goon for some of those for purchase LEs (to say nothing of shelling out for Plastic Man if this one isn't poo poo).

Morand posted:

If its not too late for your event. I like this team the best.

I liked that one a lot too, the game was rescheduled for tonight so I'm bringing that for one game and this for the other:

Freedom Force
Avalanche
Crimson Commando
UXM Mystique
Spider-Woman
Stonewall
Super Sabre

It's a bumper car team to just shove people into the death wave all day long.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jan 24, 2017

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Swarm looks dope as hell, and I'm glad he's a little pricey as a figure since that'll diminish his meta value making him probably affordable. Just for having Terror Inc and X-Statix this set is the best clix set ever, I hope I can scrounge the dough to get a CUR and some choice SRs

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

So I'm the newest Scott Porter Deadpool unboxing, HeroClix's first Plansewalker was revealed: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8806007&postcount=1562

I think it's an interesting idea, but I wish it wasn't actually identical to the Magic mechanics. I'm also concerned about how this might affect the meta; after a refreshing few years when a huge variety of figures can have a lasting and noticeable influence on the meta game, I don't want to see it get pigeonholed to just one of a few Title characters and a pit crew, especially as resources get phased out.

Unless of course it's just a Deadpool meta joke and never seen again.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Feb 14, 2017

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I can just imagine what a 150-200 point Thor Title Character could do; -8 to EE a square regardless of range or line of Fire.

Thus far the only chase I absolutely need is Championpool so I can use my Machho Man Randy Savage voice. Honestly this set is odd, I want a lot of the CUR but the only SRs I honestly feel a need for are Dead Girl and Swarm, which should keep things thankfully cheap for me.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Had our prerelease on Sunday, our group burned through two cases. No unicorn but three chases and two primes were pulled, two of those by me; out of four boosters I pulled Hulkpool, Prime Rare Deadpool, Dead Girl, and Stryfe whom I traded for Hammer. Considering the latter three were my top wants out of this set I have no complaints whatsoever. I had planned to play but a late player showed up so we wound up not needing bye rounds.

Amongst the things I saw pulled and played: Captain Pool was hampered by the guy's poor dice, as the only thing he could consistently roll was his own shape change. His Chipmunk hunk, however, put in work and scored the few KOs of the day for him.

A team of Dreadpool, Domino, and Title DP was the ultimate victor; not many teams could withstand the map wide Outsiders and four attacks per turn thanks to Dreadpool's trait. Domino never got hit entirely because of her Trait, forcing misses by 1 every time she Probbed an attack against her.

Second finalist was a team of Stingray, half doop and two Dark deadpool, which had incredible mobility due to the DDs jumping around.

A team of SR Shikla and Madcap was faring well; Shikla herself honestly seemed pretty terrible, she rarely did anything other than draw fire and toss out sort-of-Mystics, often getting blasted off of Charge well before being close enough. Madcap was the MVP however and only died once, when Shatterstar landed a lucky 6 blades; other than that it was rare for Madcap to be on any click but 1.

Golden Age Deadpool was the other chase pulled and didn't seem particularly special; only carrying cheaper figures limits him and the 18 defend made him a huge target. Also that comic panel is booty.

Tomorrow is 400 point named themed team and I'm itching to run Hulked Out X-Men with Hulkpool, Hulklops, and Wolverage, using the prime Deadpool to revert. Three Hulks that revert into two dudes with auto healing and a guy that doubles the healing of X-Men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

For the most part this seems pretty straightforward and I have no qualms with it, but I'm curious about the "at no cost" phrasing and what the "cost" might be on other powers. It seems like they just removed the language making close combat actions free actions as part of Charge, et al, which would greatly diminish the jankiness of certain figures that shut down or punish free actions.

• Locked thread