Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Is there any place besides Troll and Toad or CoolStuffInc to sell HeroClix lots to online? I'm offloading a bunch of stuff, I'm sending an order to TnT this week but I waited a day on submitting my buy list to CSI and so many things got removed from their buy list that the price went from nearly $300 to under $100.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I didn't even realize Glass Cabinet bought stuff, I'll check them out, thanks!

Red posted:

Is that price drop a really bad sign?

Not really; they update their buy list regularly so it just means that somebody sold them a lot of the same stuff I was going to and they therefore don't need more of it. I just didn't bite the bullet fast enough on selling and suffered for it.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Faust getting drop kicked out of the meta and the tank being nerfed out of existence are amazing. I'm happy Jakeem stays the same and at least Gobby will be more manageable 2/3rds of the time within two months.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Last night was 400 points, no figure on your Force could come from Earth. I went with a couple of Cosmic crushers in Championpool and In-Betweener with the night vision goggles (which I never once needed nor rolled for).

Round 1 vs 300 Chanos and DXF Death. This was worrisome because Chanos' stat swap power would make Champion completely worthless, so I quickly slapped him with the Stealth panel and walked into hindering, dragging IB with. Death moved up and I Sidestepped Champion away so IB could copy her powers and pulse wave her with doubles, dropping her off elevation for a KO. She respawned and I moved Champion up towards Thanos, taking a shot on the way. IB hopped his way up the scattered hindering towards Thanos but kept getting tied down by Death, who thankfully couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Champion managed to base Thanos while also landing in hindering so I no longer had to worry about my 5 speed becoming my attack. IB killed Death again and Champion walloped Thanos onto his Stone Golem clicks. He started churning them out and finally he was able to hit me with something, anything. I busied Champion with defeating Golems while IB kept stealing Death's Psy Blast and popping her to respawn. Eventually we got tired and KO'd Chanos, but not before KOing death 7 times for a score of 1000.

Round 2 vs In-Betweener and Gorr the God Butcher :metal: He chose Wakanda and I had Champion equip Stealth and carry IB to the goggles. I miscalculated Gorr's reach and he charged to deal 5 via Exploit to my IB. In return Champion smashed him with an ultra heavy for 6 after Impervious and IB phased back but missed his shot. He cleared and I missed with IB and cleared Champion; Gorr away and flew back to IB, my Champion Sidestepped to block LoF between the two IBs. Gorr flew up and dropped his IB so he could see mine to copy Perplex, but I kept sidling Champion to shut off LoF; this happened for a few turns before he was pushed and I could my IB to Psy blast Gorr to death. His IB cleared and then fell to a one-two punch of Psy Blast and Champion with my IB, which activated his IB's Trait; because mine had taken so much damage he was getting a KO either way so I took the 3 unavoidable to IB to give him the better points.

Round 3 vs Saint Walker, Hymn, two Recruits and Adara possessed WW Starfire. He won map and chose the bell tower, and despite my best efforts landed a 6 damage hit on Champion on turn 2. I knew I was screwed going in so I just had Champion plop IB next to his guys, but Champion soon fell to TK and the Perplex/Prob barrage. I stole Starfire's EE and managed to land a hit that damaged everyone on his team, but didn't survive another turn to do anything useful of that. I did KO a recruit for losing In-Betweener though!

Overall Champion remains very fun and my favorite Deadpool chase just for how ridiculous he is and how much fun it is to talk like Macho Man Randy Savage. In-Betweener is a blast, he's more defensive version of his old figure who relies more on proper placement to get the most out of the two powers he can pick. His biggest weakness is that he isn't a giant, despite being bigger than Champion, because it means he gets mired in the hindering terrain he relies on for Stealth. With 12 speed he can still usually make it to another square of hindering on most maps, but he desperately needs a TK or taxi. The "gently caress you for KOing me" trait is awesome and I loved that you get doubly punished for killing him between that and Mystics.

Red posted:

But are we getting 90s Beast?
Maybe! The fast forces has Rusty and Skids and the original X-Men not named Angel so it could be 90s originals or the 80s X-Factor ones.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Had our Dormammu game tonight, it was 400 Marvel What If half-floor, I went with ADW Worldbreaker, Oni Leader, and five Oni Hulks. Rounds 1 & 2 I faced identical Runaways teams of the lot from WI? and both played out the same: trod my Hulks up and make a shield wall of Oni Hulks, one or two died, and then Hulk got knocked to his stop click at which point he would one-hit KO figures over the next few turns aided by Leader's Outwit (round 1 it was Nico, Iron Lad, Karolina; Round 2 it was Chase, Iron Lad, Karolina). My first round opponent made good use of Chase and Old Lace to whittle away all of my Hulks but Bruce, and was down to Gert, Lace, and Chase. A good blades roll managed to get Hulk to last click, but I'd never cleared and right as time was called he whiffed hi attack and I moved on. Round 2 he never had the chance to hang up on me as much but that also meant my super-Quake wasn't as effective. Won round 2 with only two dead Oni but I wasn't even at 500 points between both rounds so going in to round 3 I knew I wasn't taking first even if I won.

My opponent the last round had Goblin king at full (one of four being played, but one of the two that lost to the other GKs), Nico, and Hellcow. Mad props to using Hellcow, she was a good choice with Sidestep/Flight/Support and many stop clicks. I rushed forward faster than in the other games, knowing that letting Gobbie pick off Hulks meant he would just run the whole game when it got to a point I couldn't catch him. He had no choice but to swing on Hulk and nailed him to stop click with Flurry but missed the second attack. Hulk walloped him for 8, down to 4 thanks to invincible; he TK'd Gobby away and hunkered down again, I knew not to let up and colossal pushed Hulk to try and murder him but crit missed. It was a lost game after that; Exploit did in Hulk and I couldn't even tag Hellcow so I folded.

Hulk was fun and Leader's ridiculous Outwits (at one point I had five) help Hulk put things down for good. The lack of prob hurts immensely though, and after Outwit he desperately needs some insurance to avoid the crit misses. It was a baller team though and I'm glad I took the jade giants for a spin.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Sadly I'll be missing the sealed game at one venue, so I have to hope an odd number show up on Sunday that I can actually play.

I was super excited for this set and I've already grabbed six boosters, getting Sergeant Kent, knife hands Diana Prince, Flying Batman, and Dark Knight Batman; this already puts me ahead of the eight boosters of What If where I only pulled Advocate (although two of my three rares so far were Drummer). I then immediately traded Flying Batman for Elijah Snow which made me happy even if I won't be playing Planetary anytime soon.

If I could trade Diana Prince for Leatherwing or Colonel Wayne then I'd just need to nab the other one, the KCs, Jakita, Zod, and Dale Suderman (SportsClix' triumphant return!), and I guess Carrie Kelly since it doesn't seem right to have Bats without her, and I'd be done with this set.

Edit: Our resident Midas touch got to the shop five minutes before me today and pulled DKR Superman; he also pulled Gobbie, Poison, and five separate ADW chases. Some people just have magic for pulls.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jul 21, 2017

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

It's been brought to my attention that there's a guy who frequents our venue that uses a small flashlight to peek into the tops of boosters and cherry pick them when the staff are occupied (HeroClix are on a shelf behind a partition so it isn't hard to kneel down and stay hidden). He buys a lot, probably more HeroClix the shop gets goes to him than anyone else, which has in and of itself actually been detrimental as it means the boosters we add to the prize pool for bigger tournaments are old unsold crap instead of anything produced within the last two years, but I digress.

Have any of you encountered this issue before? I admit the temptation has been there but I accept the gamble as part of the allure of the game, personally. This just feels like cheating the other players out of decent pieces. I intend to discuss this with the owner but I'd like to have suggestions for how to approach it. Is it feasible to tape down each individual booster that winds up on the shelf instead of in a sealed brick? Should I have them keep HeroClix on a shelf behind the counter like they used to? Should I just have a word with player first and ask him to stop (which if he's doing it then I'm assuming others are as well)?

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jul 24, 2017

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Out of curiosity, what are y'all's stores doing for the colossal op events? I went with constructed modern Marvel then DC for the first two and I want the Merc Jet and Titano to have more creative stips, but I'm coming up dry on ideas.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Carnage is such a wildly odd choice for a colossal, but I'm happy to have him because he opens up the build potential for Maximum Carnage by a ton. 40 points for a retaltion and three symbioties to run on a smaller team with Shriek and Carrion; TK out Shriek with Carrion and then Carnage carries him into battle, actually getting his slow rear end into the game. Buff up your Carnage family with a 300-350 point Carnage and minions to make your 1000 point Carnage family viable. Slap the ATA on him and be a real rear end in a top hat when he retaliates by dishing out extra damage afterwards. He's a godsend to a team that's been rough to build except in certain point levels.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

The first carded Executioner, and first one in over 10 years, and he's a loving monster: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8905781&postcount=913. Steal Energy/MoE with those numbers, as long as he doesn't wind up on that sagging middle click then he's going to eat you alive.

Morand for 500 figures only do the Runaways: Molly, Nico, Chase, Gert, Karolina from WI, Victor Mancha from AOU, Xavin from GG, with the Runaways ATA. There's not any one tentpole, you get eight figures with Old Lace to put in work, dedicated TKs so Nico can choose other powers (I had her running potshots on people with Psy Blast and Karolina's Enhancement), lots of support and Perplexes, and if you start hitting you can set up a chain of attack buffs via the ATA. I don't know how they'd necessarily stack against Arrow since he's just a pile of poo poo, but they're a ton of fun to use.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 11, 2017

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I played a six player game on Saturday with that Thor and had the same luck. It was a Thor Ragnarok inspired team of Thor, Earth's Guardian Strange, AA R Hulk, CW Loki, and ADW Valkyrie (it was a One Keyword Away scenario so she got Avengers). The other forces were JSA, GotG, Titans, Mighty, and a bullshit mystical hodgepodge with horde tokens. I stayed back for a good while huddling my team together while Strange took potshots at horde stacks to roll up his tokens. When I finally activated the attack reroll effect it was go time.

JSA, Guardians, Mighty, and Titans had clashed in the middle and left a few huddled groups woefully close together. First attack was Thor, who ran up and tagged three groups: Zatara/Spectre/Fate, Mighty Spidey/Green Arrow/Green Lantern/Flash, and Groot/Gamora/Nebula. I roll an 11 which hit everyone through all their defense shenanningans, chunking out 23 or so clicks of damage in one attack. Next up was Hulk, who bounded over to Zatara/Spectre/Fate and used Quake on them all, successfully squashing all three of them. Valkyrie then rolled up and rode through Gamora and Nebula, rolling a 5 and 6 for them and KOing both.

Lots happened before and after but that was the turn of major note. Valkyrie basically stayed on one diagonal plane and kept running back and forth because people kept ending their figures along it, like they hadn't just seen me do that to the last guys standing there. Hulk would then finish off Mighty Spidey and revert to Bruce, almost losing once my opponents realized they could Outwit the power that reverts him to Hulk. Strange was just a monster, blasting people for 4 damage left and right, he's a drat gross use of 80 points. Loki's highlight came late game when he force blasted Civil War Strange off a building for KO, since Strange only goes to regular dial from an attack.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

thebardyspoon posted:

More stuff coming out now, Absorbing Man chase prediction was right, looks like Malekith is a chase as well so yeah, just dudes with iconic weapons as the theme which makes sense. Skurge with m16s from that one story as the prime, as predicted.

Was Creel confirmed as a Chase? Malekith looks pretty fun but the casket of ancient winters is aggressively awkward and underwhelming. Thankfully Enchantress was confirmed as a SR which makes me happy as she'll be easier to track down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I have no doubt there will be plenty of gently caress ups either in the rule book or cards. The fact that "PROTECTED" and "Protected" have distinct differences is going to lead to problems when somebody leaves caps lock on.

• Locked thread