Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

ManiacClown posted:

I'm my local venue's official Rules Lawyer because A) I'm an actual lawyer and B) I'm a rules wonk to a probably-unhealthy degree.

The best thing about this thread is that you can ask dumb questions (I know, I ask many), and MC and others will not only tell you the correct ruling, they will tell you why. I always learn something new when playing, and I'm glad I have this thread as a resource.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Sinister Six OP set incoming:

That Ock sculpt is pretty meh.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

DaMangoSentinel posted:

Anyone get clix for Christmas? My brother got me two SM/WW boosters and I got Mxy and Eclipso, which are some of the few SRs I need still, so I was pretty hyped.

I got a bunch:

- 2 Batman TV GF packs: Robin and Mr. Freeze
- A Nick Fury booster with Deathlok as the rare
- A Hulk booster with General Ross as the rare
- A Batman booster that an in-law bought on Amazon from an independent seller - no cards, and only four figures in the box; the box was clearly already opened :smith:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

http://imgur.com/a/5WGqe

White Lantern OP figures coming soon look like they can make use of constructs. Makes me wonder if WoL constructs might stick around.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I love this - I've been looking for good 3-d markers for stuff like barrier and whatnot, and while I have a few neat third party items that look neat, they're not as cool as this. And I won't have to re-use Phoenix fragments for Pyro's flame constructs, either.

Plus, hey: Swashbucklin' Nightcrawler!

ManiacClown posted:

This just made me count the number of Plano Deep Stowaway tackleboxes I have my clix in. 43. I have 43 boxes in which I store my clix, plus another specifically for War of Light Constructs and Rings. Then I have a different model of tacklebox for resources like the Book of the Skull and the Millennium Stone and resource attachments, plus another of that model for switchable colossal parts (like Sentinel heads). I have a 44th empty Plano box waiting to be used, probably for TMNT. Jiminy bollocks. At about $6.50 apiece that's nearly $300 solely to store the damned figures. At least I know what #45 will be for.

Holy poo poo, seriously. Just seriously. :shepspends:

Where you do you keep the mountain of Lone Ranger clix?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Golden Age 500 Point-Game: Theme Team Required coming up, pretty much the only tactics allowed are ATAs, so I'm thinking:

Frightful Four
- SI She-Thing
+ Newer FF ATA: A character using this team ability modifies its attack value by +1 when attacking characters possessing Indomitable, Giant, or Colossal combat symbols.
- ASM 021 Electro
- WoS Sandman
- IIM Absorbing Man and Titania
Total: 484

The key is that Electro can jump around to any unheld object. Absorby/Titania can drop standard objects as a free action. Is that enough to be competitive?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

Honestly, no. You're gonna get whomped. Sandman's got two clicks of 10 attack in the middle of his dial; apart from that, he and She-Thing have 9s and 8s, which translates to "haha never gonna hit anything ever" in an age when 17 is the bare minimum acceptable defense. Your Absorby/Titania + Electro trick is genuinely cool, but the downside is that Electro needs a power action to do his teleport, and he doesn't even have willpower. So he pops out of an object and then stands still for two turns -- and Absorby/Titania are going to be in melee range, so if he's jumping to them, he'll be in melee range too and easy meat for anyone who wants to punch him.

That said, if those are the pieces you've got (I note that they're all pretty old so I'm guessing your collection is a limiting factor here) and that's a team that'll make you happy to play it, then play it. Go get whomped, it's the best way to learn.

That's kind of what I figured.

I'm at the "I own wayyy too much crap I never play", and for the moment, just want to play fun pieces, regardless of winning or losing. But I also don't want to finish my round in 5 minutes and be waiting to get wiped out again.

I think we have a 700-point 'everything goes' thing coming up where I might try that combo.

So for this game, maybe I'll do:

NFAOS051 Steve Rogers
DP202 Daredevil
AVAS017 Falcon
WKM15-009 Agent Venom
CATWS013 Agent 13
Total: 500

Red
Apr 15, 2003

There's been a lot of Heroclix previews and news about upcoming stuff lately. World's Finest, apart from some great singles, is largely a pass for me - same as Superman/Wonder Woman. Through trading and buying 4 SM/WW boosters, I've gotten Mxy, Cap Atom, Green Light, Power Girl, Guardian, and Maxima. I'm set there.

However, the upcoming X-Men set has me excited:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

So let's say I have a Sinestro Corps battery, Sinestro ring, and a yellow decoy construct, and place it on the 270-point Future Ultron.

He can already use Perplex on his top click, but now the battery gives him the ability to use Perplex as well, but only to decrease values.

My question is: Does the battery's use of perplex stack? If not, do you have to technically declare each time which Perplex you're using?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

This weekend is 600 points Golden Age. The event is Clone Wars, which means that for every character on your force you must have at least one other representation of that character, either by printed name or real name. I figured this would be as good a time as any to trot out my three SLOSH #206 Triplicate Girls. I'm thinking a team with a Battery (leading candidate Red so the copies can use Poison, even if it's normal), which would allow the copies to use whatever power the Construct gives that sculpted Triplicate Girl, most notably either CCE or Exploit Weakness. Additionally, Legion Lost would let me use Superman Enemy, giving the sculpted Triplicate Girls Outwit as long as they're adjacent to somebody else because they're the highest-point characters in the build. Them having Outwit would mean the copies would be able to use it too, which could b dynamite for the Poison. The below team is 575, which leaves room for some feats or for including two copies of the sadly non-wild card Matter-Eater Lad bystander. Gates totes the Trips around and the Phantom Girls are anti-object with the SLOSH version semi-shutting down opposing resources.
pre:
SLOSH206	Triplicate Girl	87
SLOSH022	Gates		60
SLOSH022	Gates		60
LS005		Phantom Girl	40
SLOSH008	Phantom Girl	72
**ATA		Legion Lost x7	28
WOLR102		Red Battery	2
		Red Ring	8
		Boxing Glove	8
		Stop Sign	8
		Scissors	8
		Decoy		6
		Wall		10
		Bulldozer	4
Ideas on how to fill in the points? I guess I could throw In Contact with Oracle on a couple of the Triplicate Girls to help with their AVs. If I do, I could put Drag on whoever I plan on giving the Stop Sign to so I can drop fools off elevated for damage.

The Pummel Feat seems like a good option for a team heavy on super senses.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9GVkLO8Y2s

Chase KC Wonder Woman gets reviewed.

Red fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jan 26, 2016

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Well I'm not much of a fan of DC all in all, but I might join a release sealed tournament (and get my rear end kicked) that's going to happen in two weeks and grab a couple of boosters that way and maybe win a raffle or something.

My only problem with buying random CURs (is that for common, uncommon and rare?) is that I wouldn't have a map or enough pieces to maybe try and convince friends to join the vice, or just play a bit before our rpg sessions.

Also, is there a site I can check the prices for single pieces/old packs? For instance there's a guy selling Fast Forces Chaos War for 40€ and the Invincible set (big fan!) for 20, not sure if those are good prices or not!

Step 1: Decide how much you want to spend on this hobby, because it can very easily get expensive.
Step 2: Find a way to store/organize this stuff for now. Get a tackle box or some such to store pieces and cards, and get a little traveling thing to take to venues when you play.
Step 3: Pick up a good starter with maps, tokens, and whatnot to get started - the Guardians of the Galaxy starter is a great one. If you can't find it in a local shop, pick it up here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-6-Figure-HEROCLIX-Starter-Set-/272040645510. It retailed for $24.99 in the US (I think, around there), and became hard to find, so think about whether the price is reasonable to you there in Euros.
Step 4: Read this thread, watch YouTube videos of Married with Clix, and play a lot, and ask questions. You'll lose, but as long as you have fun, play the pieces you like, and learn how to play, so what? You'll get better with time.

Edit: The Chaos War set is a bit older, and some of the pieces may not be as competitive. Stick to buying recent/new pieces that interest you, and buy whatever singles look fun - but don't make big investments until you learn about what's competitive and so forth before forking over a lot of money for older sets.

Edit 2: Invincible - do you mean Invincible Iron Man? If you mean Invincible based on the book called Invincible, that set is from 2006, and is quite old - they don't even come with stat cards. The pieces aren't terrible for being a decade old, but probably not something you can play often competitively. If you can get a sealed set in the box for around $15-20 US, that should be reasonable.

Red fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jan 27, 2016

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Alrighty, thanks for the advice! I'm not thinking about spending an awful lot, maybe one or two boosters a month once I get a team I like, plus any tourneys I decide to join and be cannon fodder of. Maybe 40€ for starters then a few here and there.

I just found a guy that's selling a bunch of single pieces and maps, so I might just grab a few that way. I'm guessing whatever is considered modern age is a bit more up-to-date with current power creep and mechanics and anything older I should leave for when I'm a bit more familiar with it?

Thanks for all the replies goons!

edit: and yeah it's Invincible from the Invincible universe, not Iron man.

I went out of my way a year or so ago to get an old Junkpile (but not the whole 2099 set), because he's a character I like, and it's a great sculpt. I rarely play him, and when I do, he's slow and useless - but I love the guy:

Probably not worth the $7 or $8 I paid at the time, but so what? :)

Red
Apr 15, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

Starters should cost around $20-25, not 40. Don't get ripped off.

This, but it's worth noting the MSRP on the AvX starters were $36.99, if I remember right.

Steve Vader posted:

Man, I really wished that guy was better. I tried to pair him with Doom 2099 a lot as MM fodder, but that fig isn't good, either. I eventually put a spare Doom 2099 sculpt on the meatsack Doom dial and enjoyed it much better.

There are ways to squeeze him for a bit more. I did okay carrying him with a prime Captain Marvel, and using a green sniper rifle. The 10 range skirts the lack of move and attack, and gives him some defense against Outwit.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

The Grammar Aryan posted:

Yeah, the AvX starters came with a map, dice, and a bunch of poker chips, so they were costed pretty high. Throw in the fact that they also had some pretty good figures (Cyclops, Emma, Spidey, and Thor, primarily), I can see the cost on those spiking a bit. I remember when the cost of a CW Scarlet Witch was crazy high- I think maybe 30 or so dollars just for her alone? I rarely go out of my way these days to procure high cost singles unless I desperately love the character (Absorbing Man and Titania duo are so, so fun) or a huge part of tactical play (Parallax is the worst that got).

The AvX starters had great stuff, so they were worth the price - so I'm not surprised the Guardians of the Galaxy starters are still so popular. It comes with great pieces, a map, dice, and objects/terrain. I think one local shop in NoVA still has 1 or 2.

If you attend enough OP events, they'll just give you maps to take home. But to get started, maps can be had on eBay for $4-6. Just Google Image Search the names of the ones listed on eBay that look interesting, to see the whole layout.

By the way, you'll see a lot of action tokens for sale - poker chips with comic book characters' faces on them. Many people use these, cheap poker chips, dice, or Gale Force 9 Heroclix action tokens (they look like tear drops with two sides).

I use:

WWE Chipz and MLB Chipz. The WWE brand is out of print, but still super easy to find on Amazon/eBay. MLB Chipz are at most sports card/comic shops, Target, K-Mart, and so on. Each pack of 4 runs $2.

Red fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 27, 2016

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Winter storm delayed shipment of the WF boosters, so no pre-release tonight. :(

It sounds like most places are doing snake draft, but we're doing one booster of WF, and one of Trinity War.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I guess this is what Civil War looks like:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

SublimeDelusions posted:

I know that I wind up just making my own action tokens. It isn't that hard to make them if you can get the blank chips. It's a nice thing that I can use to switch it up from time to time. I also made some objects on poker chips too.

I'd like to try ordering some from https://bigbullygaming.com/.

Making them probably isn't hard, but theirs look pretty solid.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

I just use two different colors of poker chip, alternating colors between turns. That way I know who acted when. For example, starting at the beginning of turn 1 I use orange until the beginning of turn 2. Then I use pink until turn 3 when I go back to orange. If I give a token when it's not my actual turn (like for Incap or TTPC) I put it under whatever's already there, keeping the current color on top. That way I know what to clear at the end of my turn.

I ordered a bunch of colors of chip from American Gaming Supply, whihc let me get some plain reds, yellows, and purples for objects (and some white for when I actually feel like using an ultra-light) plus some pink, orange, grey, brown, and other assorted colors for when I need to mark weird stuff, like Spiral portals or differentiate between multiple copies of one figure when it matters (e.g. Construct assignment). If you go that route, be prepared to drop about $40-50 on a good assortment with their $12 flat-rate shipping. That should do you for a LONG time, though I'd also suggest getting a crapload of greens and blues so you can make tokens of bystanders and 3D objects. I started making object tokens because of the Gamma Bomb and the fact that you have to occupy its square, which is physically impossible with it there.

I find that sort of thing so interesting - everyone has their thing. http://www.americangamingsupply.com/ looks like a great resource for those of us with growing piles of chips. I might need one of those racks with a lid.

I ended up buying a bunch of the token rings from MiniatureMarket from their Heroclix "blowout" or whatever they just ended (http://www.miniaturemarket.com/catalog/product/view/id/47402/s/fls-id-red/, for example, are the red ones). They're not super-complicated - just colored rubber rings you can put around objects to clearly identify them. For $2 a pack for 5, I got one of each object color - much harder to miss the object in the field, and easily separates yours from your opponent's. I don't think they fit the newer clix oreo bases, though, so they're pretty much for older clix or objects.

Supposedly Wal-Mart has some sort of exclusive 5 or 6-sided Star Wars tokens they've started selling.

I'm hoping the upcoming clixFX bases don't get expensive - I'd love to have a ton for characters with Barrier who can create flame walls.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Hugoon Chavez posted:

So I gathered a couple of friends to give my new minis a spin in our first game. I've read the rules and understand most of them so I'm confident in that I can explain the game to them rather well.

Now, we'll probably end up with 3 guys, counting me. Is there any special rule for a 3 player game? Should we just go free-for-all, or is there a way we can play 2v1 that is actually balanced? Specially keeping in mind I only have like 20 minis for us 3, and all of them are trades I made for a boardgame. I tried to grab pieces that were rated as good in hcrealms, marvel universe, and modern era.

I've kind of wondered about this, because sometimes, it's just 3 people, and that's what you have.

Maybe each team has exactly 2 characters, and during your turns, both characters cannot attack a character or characters belonging to the same player?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I played in a pre-release last night, running:

- Elasti-Girl
- Mercury
- Copper
- Creeper
- Booster Gold

Round 1: Versus Crazy Quilt, Condiment King, Alura, and 003 Batman

Pretty much every roll went against me. Quilt and Condiment's powers slowed me down quite a bit, and by the end of the round, my opponent just had more points.

Round 2: Versus Black Cat, Wizard, Robotman, Witch, and 002 Batman

This time, my rolls came through, and Booster Gold's prob control countered my opponent's. Elasti-Girl's colossal bonus ended up being a huge help, as she absolutely clobbered everyone she went up against. Even when KO'd, I saved her with a low Weird Regeneration roll, keeping her on the map.

I really just wanted to play a group of random dials, and thought 5 characters on a 300-point team might be a stretch, but it worked out rather well. Elasti-Girl is going to get a ton of play. The Metal Men aren't super powerful, but very flexible as long as they're near each other for help.

1-1 was good enough for the small group we had to get a pick of prizes, so I took home the Gaslight Batman. No God packs, but the one person I didn't play (and overall winner) got a KC Superman. The judge didn't play, but did buy a brick - 3 ID cards, prime Ivy, no chases.

I also bought the retail Brainiac Skull Ship, which I didn't need, but just looks so awesome, I went for it.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

I really don't like the new card design, but I guess the visible dials might help more people get into the game. I don't hate that idea. I don't mind the premium mats, but drat, are they expensive. I guess printing them on neoprene will do that.

They don't sound that different from Dicemasters mats, do they? Those are only $19.99.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

It isn't "dead" for the new card sets. It just has severe social anxiety due to WizKids not being staffed worth a drat and thus not being able to update it in a timely fashion. NFAOS is up, though it would be nice if they'd give us SMWW. What frustrates me is that it's just a link to a single PDF. You select all the files you want to combine, right-click them and select the appropriate option, then *POOF* they're a PDF. Then you upload and link to that PDF. I don't get it. It would take the graphic designer a minute to package them together and whoever handles the website another minute or two to update the page. The problem is that NECA just doesn't want to adequately staff them.

On HC Realms, Justin Ziran claimed P&P was more a legal issue, but who knows if that's the real reason.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Not going brick for World's Finest, but I did grab 4 boosters. In case you guys are trying to ID which art gets which stuff:

Batman on Top: Zatara, Demon, c Poison Ivy, Iron, Prime 017b Superman
Superman on Top: Etrigan, Major Force, Negative Man, c Poison Ivy, 002 Superman
Batman on Top: 054 Joker, Blackbriar Thorn, Occultist, c Poison Ivy, Robotman
Superman on Top: Deadman ID card, 001 Superman, 003 Batman, Creeper, Crazy Jane, Condiment King

I'm actually surprised my fourth booster didn't have a Poison Ivy.

Edit: Don't bother trying to scratch off the ID card number - just peel the sticker off.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I asked someone to take pictures at the currently-going Toy Fair: http://imgur.com/a/BwXZ0

I am thrilled by a new Juggernaut and an 80s cartoon Baxter Stockman.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Waffles Inc. posted:

Man that X-Men set looks like it'll be fun

Here's a better pic of the X-stuff:

Removable Juggernaut helmet???

The Grammar Aryan posted:

I know, right? I'm looking forward to it, mostly because I know what to expect, but there are a lot of guys in the area saying they won't buy any of that set because it's the "wrong X-Men" or some such.

Eh. Every set mixes old and new. People will get over it.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

:siren::siren::siren: WK Ruling: You can use the Avengers round table for DC ID cards :siren::siren::siren:

I'd assumed every place was going to house rule this, so that's really nice.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

So, let's imagine we have a colossal WF Elasti-Girl, two squares away from a GSX Mystique, with Stealth, sitting in printed hindering terrain.

Can Elasti-Girl reach over via Giant Reach to attack Mystique?

Judge sez: No, because Giant Reach requires you to draw a line of fire.
HC Realms sez: Yes, because you're targeting the square.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Sanschel posted:

All the Batman vs Superman dials have been spoiled too: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=557063

Hey a bunch of Supermen with HSS and other generic versions of heroes we've already had. The support figures are the real highlights: pick-a-power Alter Egos are nicely done and the few villains, along with Perry White, are incredibly useful. Superman Revenge Squad needs that main set Mercy. Surprised by the lack of Doomsday, generally movie sets are unconcerned with plot spoilers.

For the first time in a while, I'm just completely ignoring a set, and buying the one single I want (armored Batman) online.

Why are we getting a set for this flick, and not Suicide Squad?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

but I pulled a prime Superman and now I want to try him out for fun.

The Ivy-controlled one? I'd be curious to hear your thoughts. I played him in a casual game where he carried around Mister Mind, and did... okay. For 100 points, he's not bad, and the keyword thing is neat.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Speaking of TMNT, I saw the guys up close via WizKids' Scott at WizKids Open today:

I was bummed, as it turned out no con exclusives were available for sale, but at least I had a great time playing in regionals.

They put out two boosters of World's Finest for sealed 300 points, and I went with:

- Jason Blood
- Tin
- Lead
- Occultist
- Klarion w/Teekl

+ Etrigan Sideline

I pulled a broken prime Superman (so now I have 3), and the shop offered to fix him for me - all they did was glue him, and he looks perfect. :)

Round 1: Played a guy from the group that Kennie Pena is a part of, pretty seasoned guy - but I feel like I was pretty competitive, even though I eventually lost to his Cosmic Joker.
Round 2: Cosmic Joker again, but this time, I made my rolls, and Mystics chopped Joker down. 1-1.
Round 3: Alura, Wizard and Klarion (and some other goofs) were a pretty even match, but in the end, I just didn't make my rolls, and lost a close one. 1-2.
Round 4: Up against Mercury, Lead, Mr. Nobody and KC GL - I actually did really well, and KO'd everyone but GL, and even held him at bay - but it came to last action as my turn ended, and I encouraged my opponent to go for an attack, which let GL pulse wave Klarion to death, and he took the game. But so what? I had fun. 1-3.

Absolutely no one was rude or super rules-y - everybody was very cool and polite, and everyone played a casual style of "take it back if you want to". I think it got much more serious for the final 8, but still, the overall experience was great.

After that, I played a BR with Pena's group and WK Scott, and walked away with TW Black Adam and a Namor card.

Good day. :)

Red
Apr 15, 2003

This week, our venue has a Sinister Six thing: Golden Age, 600 Points, 6 Characters Exactly (Each at least 40 pts), No Other Stuff

So I came up with a few possibilities:

The Mister Six
- Mister Mind
- Mr. Miracle SLoSH
- Mr. Majestic
- Mr. Nobody
- Mr. Freeze BCTV
- Mr. Mxy SMWW

The Shaggy Six or The Hirsute Six
- Abominable Snowman
- Non-Prime Sasquatch IIM
- Puma
- Wolfsbane WoS
- Shaggy Man
- Medusa GotG

Evil 101 :eng101:
- Weapon X Scientist
- Doctor Octopus WoS
- Lizard ASM
- Professor Zoom FL
- Egghead CW
- Dr. Sivana CR

The Replacements
- Captain Falcon
- Winter Soldier NF LE
- Balls of Fury
- Nomad NF
- US Agent NF
- Major Victory GotG

I wish I could do a Thor Corps, but I don't have any versions of Bill or Jane Thor. :(

Any ideas or suggestions?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

2016 Con Exclusives!

Marvel has Cosmic Daredevil, Man-Spider, and a Groot/Rocket duo. Bit weak apart from Groot/Rocket.
DC, on the other hand, is rocking KC Hawkman, KC Red Robin, and Ace the Bat-Hound. Hell yes, Ace.
And, shockingly, TMNT has two exclusives of their own -- Casey Jones and Shredder. This suggests battle royales, and therefore 5-figure booster packs? Maybe?

edit: I say that, and they preview Donatello. Notice that the uncommons go up to 27, that indicates a full set. Either it's 5-figure boosters or they're gonna give us a Yu-Gi-Oh level of uncollectability screwing.

Word is they go up to #035. The gravity feed box has 24 figures, so you won't get anywhere close to a full set if you buy one.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Red posted:

This week, our venue has a Sinister Six thing: Golden Age, 600 Points, 6 Characters Exactly (Each at least 40 pts), No Other Stuff

So I came up with a few possibilities:

The Mister Six
- Mister Mind
- Mr. Miracle SLoSH
- Mr. Majestic
- Mr. Nobody
- Mr. Freeze BCTV
- Mr. Mxy SMWW

The Shaggy Six or The Hirsute Six
- Abominable Snowman
- Non-Prime Sasquatch IIM
- Puma
- Wolfsbane WoS
- Shaggy Man
- Medusa GotG

Evil 101 :eng101:
- Weapon X Scientist
- Doctor Octopus WoS
- Lizard ASM
- Professor Zoom FL
- Egghead CW
- Dr. Sivana CR

The Replacements
- Captain Falcon
- Winter Soldier NF LE
- Balls of Fury
- Nomad NF
- US Agent NF
- Major Victory GotG

I wish I could do a Thor Corps, but I don't have any versions of Bill or Jane Thor. :(

Any ideas or suggestions?

I'm going with:

The Mirror Six
- AoU 007 Yellowjacket
- SLoSH 039 Bizarro @150
- AvAs 048 Trick Shot
- CA 015 Red Guardian
- FL 001B Rival (Prime)
- FF JLTW 004 Power Ring
Total: 591

I don't think I have a big plan, I just wanted some neat people to play with. Ring's CSA probs from stealth should help out, and I want to get Rival as many speed tokens as I can. Maybe Ring should carry Rival around, and prob for him.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Red posted:

I'm going with:

The Mirror Six
- AoU 007 Yellowjacket
- SLoSH 039 Bizarro @150
- AvAs 048 Trick Shot
- CA 015 Red Guardian
- FL 001B Rival (Prime)
- FF JLTW 004 Power Ring
Total: 591

I don't think I have a big plan, I just wanted some neat people to play with. Ring's CSA probs from stealth should help out, and I want to get Rival as many speed tokens as I can. Maybe Ring should carry Rival around, and prob for him.

This team did ... not great. Most of it was just lousy rolls, though.

My game plan was basically:

- Yellowjacket drags Red Guardian around as bait, and RG absorbs CSA prob tokens.
- Bizarro drags around Trick Shot, who can sneak around with RS as Bizarro draws and absorbs big pieces.
- Power Ring carries Rival around, and does his best to make sure Rival piles up speed tokens.

Power Ring was the first character people went after, and that worked well enough as bait to give Rival or someone else a chance at an attack, but my dice just kind of pooped the table over and over. When he gets going, though, Rival is a champ.

The first round, I just couldn't roll well enough to beat a LoSH team headed by Mon-El, and the second round was all Doctors, headed by Doctor Spectrum, and again, I just couldn't pull anything off. The third round, however, against a Sinister Six team, Rival and Bizarro did most of the work, mopping the floor with Rhino, Vulture, and Kraven. But, again, the dice couldn't come through when I really needed 'em, and Venom kind of just took over.

I'll have another six-clix team even this week, and I'm going to run Black Talon and 5 Z-Virus zombies for whatever fits under 600 points. That should be a small (4) group of players, so I really only care about having fun and taking a free prize. I only have 5 Zs, so it's going to be Skrull, Morbius, Red Skull, Doc Ock, and Headpool that Black Talon raises from the dead.

ManiacClown posted:

Today's preview: Baxter Stockman! The Uncommon non-mutated version's trait's badly worded, though. Suppose I have two of them and a friendly Mouser gets KOed. Can I place a #005 Mouser with each as long as neither is adjacent to both, or is it a "unique effect," so to speak? Also, he's an even better WXM Forge, healing friendly Robots and if they can't be healed buffing their Speed and Attack by +1. Also also, apparently the 1984 comic version is black. I did not know that.

The SR, however, is the original cartoon version and while he's got double-target Energy Explosion, it's at a 4 Range. On an average hit he'll get knocked right past his Muta Zoo ray power (clicks 2 and 3) that lets him use Outwit and Perplex, but only to target the same opposing character. I'll take the uncommon any day of the week. This set looks like it's shaping up to be kind of odd that way, though I'll grant the Donatellos are kind of a toss-up depending on what you need.

I went ahead and bought a GF box. I just wish we got the YIPPEE I AY Baxter from the arcade game.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

I assume you mean on preorder, yes? What about did that run you?

Yep - $70.

Same store charged me $98 for a brick of X-Men.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

So the venue hosting the May regionals just posted:

quote:

PLEASE NOTE – The first 20 REGISTERED PLAYERS will be given a guaranteed opportunity to buy one each of the 2016 Convention Exclusives. The remaining 12 will be entered into a lottery with all Battle Royal Players for a chance to win the opportunity to buy them. We are only being given 32 of each so we want to make it as fair as possible for all attendees, not just the main event players.

Jesus fuckin' Christ.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

http://win.wizkids.com/

/shrug

WES is getting a new name or re-branding, I guess.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

HCRealms' unit section has the starter set turtles up, and they're hot garbage. Morand and I discussed it, and based on their common trait (Shell Shock), we have decided that obviously these versions represent the arcade game. This explains why their attacks barely hurt and why they are so easy to kill. They are trying to eat your quarters!

They're almost useless on clicks 4-6. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

And the chases for Uncanny X-Men have been revealed:

• Locked thread