Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Sanschel posted:

Beyond Apocalypse and Weapon X I'm having a hard time figuring out how AoA as chases can be limited to six figures. It could be a set unto itself.

Even limiting just to X-Men would be tough.

I could see them doing Dark Beast, Sugarman, or Sunfire, just based on design popularity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Here are some random rules questions:

1. If WF058 Alloy gets to his final click, and uses "TIME TO GO SOLO!: When this click is revealed due to taking damage, stop turning the dial. You may immediately replace Alloy with characters from your sideline that each have a different name, the Metal Men and Robot keywords and are 50 points or less. These characters come into the game on their last non-KO click and are placed within 3 squares of the square Alloy last occupied. Place up to a number of these characters depending on the starting line Alloy began the game on: Yellow = 3; Blue = 4; Red = 7. If you do not place any, deal Alloy 1 unavoidable damage." to place Metal Men on the map, does your opponent score 275 victory points immediately? Are victory points scored only if the replacement Metal Men are all KO'd, or are victory points not scored at all for Alloy if he's not KO'd? Our judge ruled that you score 275 plus whatever Metal Men points if you KO all of the replacements.

2. NFAoS024 Winter Soldier has "DEADLY SNIPER: Winter Soldier can use Outwit and Ranged Combat Expert, both with a locked range value of 10. If he uses both in a turn, he must target the same character.". If I use RCE to blow out a wall 9 squares away (necessitating RCE, since Bucky's range is naturally 7), can he use Outwit on the now-exposed character behind the wall?

3. When is the proper time to 'declare' things? I'm thinking of a more competitive environment, so is there a rule of thumb for when you state you're using B/C/F in an attack, or selecting a TA through a wild card, and so forth?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

1. That makes a lot more sense. Even our judge and a few players talked for a while about Alloy before deciding the Metal Men were bonus points if you could get them all.
2. Ah, neither the judge nor I picked up on RCE being for characters only - but we did both agree that Outwit couldn't be used on a different target.
3. I don't think this sort of thing is a huge deal, but I also don't want to be surprised if/when I play competitively, or against someone who's kind of a dick.

There is one dude at a venue I go to who's wildly inconsistent with that sort of thing. One moment, he'll ask if he can take something back, and on the next turn, while I'm clearing tokens, but questioning out loud if I should've sidestepped, he'll tell me my turn is immediately over since I cleared, and I can't go back. I generally just play to have fun and pick up a new LE, and don't really care about W/L - but I enjoy beating people who are dicks. So knowing when to declare something would be useful when needed.

Can we bitch about venues and annoying player types? Because I totally could.

Edit: I want you guys to know I read/comprehended:

The Grammar Aryan posted:

You declare things when they become relevant as specified in the power.

That helps a lot. And it's good to think of it that way, because I know I probably wouldn't think of TAs properly, in the way you described.

Red fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Mar 22, 2016

Red
Apr 15, 2003

The big thing in 3 is that technically Shape Change procs on target, and is optional. If you legitimately forget that someone has Shape Change and an opponent rolls an attack and gets a result, you're past targeting, and are in the "check for hit" stage of attack resolution, which means you can't Shape Change now. A lot of the time people just let you roll the SC and let the result stand, but in a competitive environment, no, you don't. There's a little more leeway for Super Senses, unless you start clicking the dial. At that point, no, you can't click back and make your SS roll.

As for that dude? You can take free actions after end of turn stuff! So you can take one of those Outnumbered characters like the SM/WW SR Superman with one token, march him up next to somebody, end your turn, get your Outnumbered token so you have two, then free action to swing! Stupid? I certainly think so, but that's the official ruling. So technically you can clear, then Sidestep, then hand your turn off.

I know I've certainly complained about venues and players before, less so these days, because I've just stopped playing at those places/avoiding those people. I'm lucky in that I've got four other venues I can play at, though, which is definitely not the case for some people.

Good call on the freebie actions, I'll make sure to use that as much as I can for that guy.

My gripes for venues are as follows:

1. Not enough parking.
2. Not enough prize support - if you're regularly drawing 10-12 people every week, you could probably stand to order a little more.
3. If you have 10 tables in your venue for gaming, and there are 30 people in house for various events, you might want to set out table markers to reserve them for specific events ahead of time.
4. If you give more space to a certain event, tell the people running smaller events who are losing space or being moved, instead of putting it on the event-runner to apologize to everyone.
5. If buy-in is mandatory, you should offer a participation prize.
6. Don't abuse the judges, they're bringing you customers.
7. Free-to-borrow dice, tokens, and markers (along with commons left over from Battle Royales) are good to keep at the store.
8. You will make money on selling bottled water, iced tea, etc. Buy a mini-fridge. You will make money. Sell those mini cans of Coke for $1 each. You will profit.
9. Air fresheners, vacuums, Windex, and a few strategically-placed trash cans will make a big difference in how many repeat customers you get.

My gripes for other players are as follows:

1. Ask another person (a parent?) before you leave the house if you smell.
2. Don't swear. There are kids playing Magic over there.
3. Being polite and a good sport goes a long way. That also includes playing the same Chase(s) every week.

Now, that said, I really dig the two judges I play under the most, and consider them good friends. Furthermore, most players I play against on a regular basis are great, and I don't mind losing good games in the least. One of my favorite people to play against rarely puts more than 50 cents' worth of clix on the table, and wins regularly. Super polite dude, too - I learn from him every time I see him.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

From the 2014 rulebook:

quote:

EFFECTS THAT OCCUR AT THE BEGINNING OR END OF A ROUND OR TURN
Before the first player takes his or her turn in a round, effects that occur “at the beginning of a round” resolve. When a player begins his or her turn, first resolve and end all effects that last “until the beginning of your turn” or “until your next turn,” then resolve all effects that occur “at the beginning of your turn.” Game effects activated by free actions may also be resolved during the “beginning of your turn” or the “end of your turn.”

After a player has declared their turn over but before the next player begins their turn, first resolve and end all effects that last “this turn” or “until the end of the turn,” then resolve all effects that occur “at the end of your turn.” After all players have taken a turn in a round, effects that occur “at the end of a round” resolve.

So I can or can't Sidestep after clearing? Or during clearing. Or something.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

See, the "end of turn" part of your turn is still prior to clearing. See the following, from the 2014 Rulebook, page 8 (emphasis added).

You have to Sidestep/Outwit/Perplex/whatever before clearing.

Lawyered!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I'm more than happy to help read/edit from a medium-level player's perspective, and write simple stuff (that someone more knowledgeable wouldn't have to correct), too. I could take pictures as well.

Also: To understand the rules a bit more, and share dumb stuff like accessories, I started a little blog: http://clixkit.tumblr.com/. Please feel free to follow and correct me whenever you can.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Modern Age Rotation

Constructs are out for modern age starting June 1st, which is odd, because new OP figures use them. Oh well.

I didn't think GotG was getting phased out, and I'm bummed I haven't used DoFP stuff more often.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

In fairness, nobody was going to use the WL Jade or Simon Baz in any kind of serious event.

True, but I hope they make a few more. I love that mechanic, and I have constructs-a-plenty.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

If the BatB OP kit Green Lantern is any indication, they're just going to keep making figures with construct slots but no construct trait.

I'd like to say I'm fine with that, because it lets you insert constructs/markers/etc. as needed, but I don't know of any figure's construct slots that actually hold anything well.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

I've started on annotating the rules, inserting sections between the parts of official text. I'm somewhat at a loss for how to get our parts to look distinct yet good. Have a look at the PDF in this folder and please, please give some suggestions. I'm working in Publisher, so if you've got something else besides its stock crap to use as a border, great!

Good God, this is amazing. I love this.

Light edits/suggestions:

1. You know, a simple thumbnail diagram of a map on the first page would really help, as well as noting that maps come in a few different sizes and formats.

You could have a footnote to an index item that describes the various kinds of maps, such as:

- The standard 2x4 size
- The cardboard fold-up that comes in Mini-Game sets
- The square Battle Royale maps
- The small Quick Start maps
- The mini maps from Batman Alpha
- The huge and now outdated legacy maps from the uncarded era

2. Similarly, you could add a footnote to an item explaining the three major types of dial bases: H, inlaid (or whatever it's referred to), and Oreo. They're fairly cosmetic, really.

3. Note in objects as terrain that ultra lights are not hindering.

4. Perhaps have a sentence about relics, special objects, and equipment in the section about objects, especially about how to place them on the map. Also note that all objects as printed/created by WizKids are one square in size. Then a note to go to Tactics for more.

5. Top right of page 18 says Part 4: Tactics are on p. 20, but that is probably a product of an earlier edit.

6. In the glossary, add the combat symbols necessary to what defines a standard character.

But holy poo poo, so far, this is a great piece of work.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

What size are the battle royale maps (both square dimensions and measurements) from the Ant-Man Micro Tournam-ant? I don't have one to check.

I had no idea there were exclusive maps for those - the venue I went to just used standard maps.

Also: Are the forthcoming vinyl maps standard size?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yvonmukluk posted:

Word is that the Civil War starter's got a new rulebook/PAC, I don't know if that changes anything regarding the annotated rulebook project.

I plan to purchase that starter tonight - I'll share photos and such if I get one.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Red posted:

I plan to purchase that starter tonight - I'll share photos and such if I get one.

So the starter comes with a newer PAC, which has some size rule changes, but someone else looked at it and said it's missing some new plasticity rulings. The rulebook included says 2015 core rulebook, and has the size changes on the back.

Maybe I can read it a bit more and/or scan it at work if someone else hasn't.

Meanwhile, I was one of the winners of random rewards:

The other Dicemasters stuff is a white Terry dicemasters card, and two Agent May cards (one of which is also white).

I think it's a neat way to encourage use of the WES or WIN or whatever it's called now.

No idea what I'll do with the Attack Wing Ogre thing.

Edit: It's worth mentioning the new PAC is printed on some pretty cheap paper. :smith:

Red fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Apr 7, 2016

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

I couldn't make a sealed event because this is my wedding anniversary week and I'd rather not be divorced.

I did nab 2 gravity feeds though, total haul was 3 SR's and a chase and an almost full CUR.

To complete the set I need:

April
Monsterex
SR Leonardo
And every chase except Raphael

Didn't pull a kraut but immediately ebay'd one. I pulled so many foot soldiers and I am completely ok with it.

Worrisome things, only one Casey Jones between 2 packs and only one shredder. Didn't think I was gonna get one but he came out of the last pack of my last gravity feed.

I assume you mean Krang, which I wish I would've done.

I got one GF and got no Baxter the Fly, Krang, Shredder, or Casey. No chases, either. My two SRs were Don and Rat King.

I'm more than a little annoyed that I plunked down $70 for the GF pre-order, and I'm probably going to have to spend $35-ish on the two figures I really wanted (Baxter/Krang).

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Torrent posted:

I really want to like this set, because it's Turtles, and that's exciting, but it just strikes me as really uncreative and inaccurate. Four sets of four characters with the exact same weapon power, five Foot Soldiers with absolutely identical dials, and just the same powers everywhere. I had to just stop, listen, and laugh during the first couple turns of one round, because every single person in the room was announcing multiple Sidesteps. You've got ninja without a lick of Stealth, people known for throwing stars lacking range, Turtles that cannot swim... it's just really leaving me wanting.

I want to agree, but then, I think a turtle figure that meets all of that criteria is going to be double the point cost.

I'd gamble that wave 2 is going to have comic book versions (or movie) of foot soldiers, loaded with stealth.

I'd even gamble on the Archie version of black-suited Raphael showing up, too - he's all stealth.

Other guesses/predictions:

- Punk frogs (it'd be a reach)
- Tatsu
- 87 toon Splinter
- 87 toon April
- kraang generics
- Rock Soldiers
- Neutrinos (Fugitoid has the keyword)
- Mutagen Man
- Tokka and Rahzar
- Dogpound, Hun, or Tiger Claw - probably not all 3

I doubt we'll get a Granitor, but I'd pay good money for one. Ditto for a Knucklehead.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Torrent posted:

I would hope that adding some Stealth, the swim ability, and a 3 range to a turtle dial wouldn't double the cost... but, with some of those chases, you could just double the cost without doing anything, and it would seem appropriate.

The reveal of Rocksteady and Bebop already have me much more excited for the next set. Kraang generics from the current show would be awesome - give me the robots, and some brains in their little UFOs. I'd love Old Man Raph from the future, with all four weapons. There's just so much potential with the license... I really hope that they handle it better than they did with this first offering.

Our area looks like it's already sold out of TMNT clix, so while I'm "eh" about pre-ordering a GF of wave 2, if the area isn't restocked...

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Guys: I am excited for this set.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Okay, so, we had an X-Men pre-release last night. After two boosters, I ran:

- Cameron Hodge
- Riptide
- C Storm

Round 1: Versus evil Juggernaut, Riptide, Harpoon, U Magneto

This was on the tunnel map. Storm carried out Riptide, and the next turn, he ran up and PW'd for free - and missed. This was a running theme for the night. The game was very close, but the difference was Hodge getting based by Juggs, and being unable to knock his helmet off. Magneto and the Marauders took out Riptide and Storm, and everybody ganged up on Hodge. Hodge was tremendous, though - he's able to absorb and dodge quite a bit, and keeps healing up. Eventually, Juggernaut just pounded Hodge to death. Oh well - still very competitive.

Round 2: Versus Mr. Sinister, Chase Magneto, 10-pt Morlock, and Lady Mastermind

This was on the school map, with Krakoa rules. I pasted Sinister immediately. Riptide was great early on, since his PW took down a Morlock and hurt Sinister right away, and the next turn, he PW'd again to knock Sinister down to click 3. From there, Hodge destroyed Sinister from range. Lady M hung around for a while, but eventually ate it at the hands of Riptide. Storm's free smoke cloud was huge in giving cover to her and Hodge, and Magneto kept missing his attacks. Eventually, though, Magneto's attacks just broke through, and wiped out Riptide and Storm. Magneto was able to dance around, and finally got Hodge after a looooong time.

Round 3: Versus R Sabretooth, Scrambler, R Magneto, Caliban, Prism

Again on the school map, but we ignored the Krakoa thing. Went to Riptide again to run out into the open and just PW a group. Storm sat in hindering to perplex up Riptide's defense, and lay smoke cover. Hodge took cover in hindering, and just took shots around the map. Sabretooth and Magneto missed over and over, even with Magneto getting help from Caliban, and Scrambler sitting next to Hodge, nerfing him. Neither of us could land any rolls until I finally got an attack to hit on Scrambler. With his powers back, Hodge went to work: pasted Sabretooth, and used the Impale special to punt Magneto away from Caliban. My opponent eventually decided that Storm's smoke cloud was his main obstacle, and pushed Magneto to KO her - which he did, not realizing he was pushing Magneto to death. After that, Riptide took out Caliban, and Hodge wiped the floor with Prism.

1-2 in three pretty close games. Storm's free smoke cloud along with the perplex and taxi ability was a ton of fun, Riptide is a cheap PW-er, and Hodge is just a monster who refuses to die. Hodge doesn't really have enough move and attack or speed value for my liking, but he's a lot of fun, and very frustrating for your opponents. There were only four of us, so we each got a prize, and I took a Dr. Nemesis.

Things worth noting:

- In a case with two bricks, four promo prizes, etc. - it came with just three maps. :\
- Between two bricks: 1 chase, two primes, one Brood generic
- My noteworthy pulls: Brood queen, Brood generic, SR Iceman, SR Rogue, SR Hodge

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Any idea if there'll be an unofficial Heroclix event at GenCon this year?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Torrent posted:

We'll find out when the Gen-Con event listing goes up on Friday. There were two unofficial events last year, so I have to imagine that number is going to be going up, with no WizKids presence. I'd been planning on running some, myself, but then shifted my plans to hit Origins this year instead of Gen-Con.

At the very least, I'm just gonna take enough to play, and see if I can catch some casual games.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

No chase in my UXM brick, which is disappointing after my TMNT GF had no chase.

Is it even worth buying bricks? I was on the fence about Superior Foes. I might as well do the rounds at a few pre-releases and release events, and trade for what I need. :\

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Torrent posted:

We'll find out when the Gen-Con event listing goes up on Friday. There were two unofficial events last year, so I have to imagine that number is going to be going up, with no WizKids presence. I'd been planning on running some, myself, but then shifted my plans to hit Origins this year instead of Gen-Con.

Unless I'm not using the right search terms, I don't see any clix-related stuff at GenCon. :(

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Word is that supplies are limited - at least, the venue I'm going to in Maryland has 30 each of Batman and the Turtle Van (no Punisher Van). I don't care about either, but the last WKO event two months ago had ~90 people. I don't get why they wouldn't have more product on hand.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

Mystique Tech was a bit of a surprise coming out of these events, she won in Jersey and Kentucky.

Different note. I'm playing in a game tonight. 600 points, Mutant Massacre. You need to have a non generic X theme. Excalibur, X-force, etc.

I'm taking this as a chance to run some new stuff, looking for advice.

Team 1.

UXM Emma Frost at 85 with her prime on the side
UXM 50 point Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, and Cyclops
Professor X 70 point version
SR Beast at 60
SR Iceman
Scarlet Witch

Team 2

Replace the Witch with Quicksilver.

Team 3

Drop Emma's 5 point trait and the Professor to use both Quicksilver and the Witch.

I'm pretty sure team 3 is "best" but I kinda feel like I may never use that professor and I have used the poo poo out of quicksilver.
Advice or comments or moments where the professor being amazing helped swing the game all welcome.

So I played a few Battle Royales this past weekend at a WizKids Open thing, and that SR Beast absolutely owns BR maps. He can just walk into a fray and shut everything down. The guy playing him, at one point, managed to stymie like 14 characters at once. If you position him right, he is amazing. Scarlet Witch was kind of a non-factor when I saw her played, and her clixfx thing never really came into play.

In a pre-release event, somebody used Professor X to tie up my Quicksilver. Once you lock on that Mental Lock marker, Prof can really hogtie one character. Having him adjacent to someone who can carry him and has the X-Men keyword worked really well, too.

Going back to my BR, I played in 3, and won the first, getting a Cosmic Daredevil. It was a nailbiter, and I made the mistake of going after an opponent's figure with a Stonewall, and the opponent I was fighting for first KO'd him as time expired. I still pulled it out at 490 to 465. I traded that DD for a KC Hawkman, so that made my day. The other two BRs netted me a Captain Marvel ID and a Sentry ID. I also took home a Scarlet Witch Super Rare and Rare Sunfire.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

So here's the event for this week:

quote:

Must be a theme team including at least one figure from the TMNT or Uncanny X-Men sets! We’ll even have a vote for “Best Theme” for Fellowship.

- Bring a 400-point Golden Age HeroClix force. This force must be a theme team (see the HeroClix Core Rulebook, p.23) and must contain at least one figure from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and/or Uncanny X-Men set(s).
- Your force may contain a maximum of one (1) Special Object or two (2) ID Cards. Dials equipped at force construction (such as Entity Possessions), Constructs, D20s, Team Bases, Resources, Feats, and Battlefield Conditions may not be used. Splitlip (Fear Itself #301) may not be used.

I'd like to run a fun team, but still be competitive, so here are a few ideas I had:

The Ex-Men (X-Men Theme)
- AvX Magneto
- UXM Malice
- IIM Juggernaut
- Thunderbolts ATA for Jugs
Total: 398

Version 1 (Robot Theme)
- AoU Ultron-1
- TMNT Alpha One
- TMNT Alpha One
- AoU TESS-One
Total: 390

The Nazi-Punchers (Soldier Theme)
- UXM Crimson Commando
- UXM Stonewall
- UXM Super Sabre
- NFAoS Bucky
- NFAoS Cap's Motorcycle
- CACW Captain America (125 pts)
- +5 for Cap's Shape Change
- Secret Avengers ATA for Cap
Total: 400

Any thoughts or feedback? I'm really leaning towards the Nazi-Punchers, but Alpha One's ability to move robot buddies around could be neat, too.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Torrent posted:

Theme-wise, I really like Verson One. That one is just fun, and I'm totally stealing it at some point. Toss on a Spider-Bot Mk 1 or two SHIELD Level 1 ID cards to round that out!

I thought about the Spider-Bot, but it just doesn't make a lot of sense when not used with Superior Spidey or other bots. To me, anyway.

:smith: I never got a SHIELD card.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

Grab a civil war starter, it'll have what you need.

The PAC that came with that was outdated regarding... Plasticity, I think.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Look, gang: New ATAs!

https://m.imgur.com/a/jzm3t

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

I qualified for worlds!

Ran Sunfire Rare, SR Iceman, 50 Point Cyclops, 50 point wolverine.

Yes I did run 40 points under. Theme matters in these events.

Played against a punchy team of 100 point Jean, Chase wolvie and X-23. Lost wolverine to X-23 but KO'd her. Got Jean with cyclops and iceman. Wolverine took out Sunfire but was shot to death after that.

Round 2 against a dude running
Riptide, Rare Cyclops, time locked Angel, genoshan cheap guy, warpath.

Got called an ahole after mentioning that he needed to speed up his turns. Sorry dude, you don't need to take 4 minutes to decide to sidestep and clear. Oddly his game noticeably sped up after that. He then crit missed both times he pushed an attacker so I won that

Round 3
Rare silver helmet Juggernaut, vanisher, quicksilver, John Greycrow.

Got to play on a premium map. That actually helped a lot as it had some weird elevations. His team was made to tie people up with vanisher. Iceman doesn't care about that. Quicksilver did get Sunfire but iceman played a bunch of lockdown games. Got his quicksilver and John and froze Juggy. Wolverine knocked off his helmet and that was it.

Yaaaaay. I get to try for the hat trick

Is it too late for you to get and wear this in the finals?:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

Where is that hat from. If I win worlds I am buying that hat and embroidering it

It's made by Swarovski, but looks like it's a women's hat.

eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Swarovski-crystal-Philidephia-Phillies-hat-/201387427091
Some other site: http://babywantsbling.com/products/philadelphia-phillies

Alternatively, you could instead get a 'Dark Morand' hat: https://www.lids.com/philadelphia-phillies-new-era-mlb-league-o%27gold-9fifty-snapback-cap/20800458

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

Yeah and I honestly don't know. My one teammate has said that if we won as a group he wanted to do a doomsday with a slattern type of trait. I thought it might be interesting to do him as a reverse entity where he can equip to an opposing character to represent when he was a virus in new 52.

Dunno though, haven't given it a huge amount of thought though. I just thought it was a neat idea.

Edit: the team that beat us round 1 made the finals so now I feel better

Hmm...

How about Hellfire Knights?: http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Hellfire_Knights_(Earth-616)

They're the heavy-armored goons in the X-Men Arcade Game.

In the comics, they had armor tailored with target-specific weapons. Awesome mooks for a Hellfire Club team.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Sanschel posted:

So after many years we're finally getting a new Carnage: http://heroclix.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/044-Carnage.jpg

:stare: He's a goddam monster is what he is; 100 points for a full dial of Blades, Plasticity, Shape Change, no attack under 10, who will never get an action token and constantly heal as long as he's hitting things. Deliciously gross

That just feels right.

At this point, I'm wondering why they even bother mentioning a significant appearance of the character. Either put their first, or just put up a picture from the comics.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Sanschel posted:

I somehow missed Speed Demon and Boomerang yesterday: http://heroclix.com/marvel-heroclix.../#axzz4DCe9P9IU

A good budget option for SD, and for 5 points more than Quicksilver he picks up Indom and an ESD he should get 2/3rds of the time, at the expense of his HSS Flurry getting buried at the end.

Boomerang is a good leader/ranged attacker, and with MoE and his Leadership ability there's no reason he shouldn't be doing something almost always. I'm confused why he doesn't have some kind of "boomerang" power like the LE Captain Boomerang, they nailed that power so well I expected them to just reuse it.

I love the variety on their traits, so they depending on what you need with a proper Superior Foes team you can thus far give somebody Precision Strike, Prob, or pseudo-Incap.

I wonder if all five will come out to 600 points.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Okay, so during a game tonight, I had AVAS Sandman use his barrier trick to corner Mystique.

Her trait:

SHAPESHIFTER: Mystique can use Shape Change and begins the game with a Shapeshift token on her card. While she has a Shapeshift token, she can use Improved Movement: Ignores Characters and opposing characters can only target her if they began the turn adjacent to her. When Mystique targets an opposing character with an attack, remove all Shapeshift tokens. When she succeeds using Shape Change, if she doesn't have one, place a Shapeshift token on her card.

Sandman's trait:

QUICKSAND AND CONCRETE: Sandman can use Barrier and Smoke Cloud. When he uses either, you may place Sandman on this card (his terrain markers remain on the map) and at the beginning of your next turn, place him in a square into which he placed on of these terrain markers. Sandman may not be placed on this card if he was on this card during the beginning of your turn.

Sandman traps her with adjacent Barrier markers, then reappears in a square next to her at the beginning of the turn. Can he attack her, or not?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Mutant Headcrab posted:

The ruling over on the Wizkids rules forum is that a character has to already be adjacent when your turn starts. Sidestep, beginning of turn movements/placements, and free action moved/placements won't work against Mystique.

That's how the judge ruled, which I was fine with. It just limited me to trapping her with Sandman, then poisoning her.

The guy playing her was able to equip the Red Son Brainiac to her as the game went on, but she missed her only attack, which let me finally target and kill her.

Amazing that she was able to occupy a 140-point character for the duration of the game, though.

And, for FYI, the team I played (in a casual game) was The Wild Pack:

- DP Paladin
- Thunderbolts ATA for Pal
- AVAS Sandman
- DP 100-point Silver Sable
- OPCW Battlestar
- War Machine ID (GFCW Machine on sideline)

The team is a little limited in how much it can move around, but clumped together, they're pretty goddamn tough. In a 4-way game, Sandman and Sable were left against a Hal and Guy when we decided to call it. As long as everyone stays adjacent, they can all share the T-Bolts ATA (for Mystics, in this case), and both Sable and Sandman had chances to take tokens off of Battlestar, with Sable's Leadership boosted by the bonus Leadership for Sandman granted by Battlestar.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Sanschel posted:

I'm assuming it was altered to remain consistent with how Sidestep was ruled for her; since the character didn't start the turn adjacent to her and therefore cannot attack her, but it really shouldn't be so impossible to hit her. I used her today on a Spy team and she ran roughshod over the healers and soft targets, breaking formations without concern and KO'd four figures without ever making an attack.

I love Mystique but having played and too often seen her loaded with Entity or Ion to provide Healing/Prob or TK/Outwit that I can do virtually nothing about and it's left a sour taste, I'll stick with the DoFP one.

See, that's one thing that bugs me about Heroclix: Some figures become cheese before I even have a chance to play them.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Does the Hulkbuster Right Arm count as a replacement of combat values?:

"Give a friendly character in this square or holding this object a power action to equip it. Opposing characters can KO this object only by using it in an object attack. (To equip, take the object and place it on the standard character's card. The character can use its effects. If the character is KO'd or equipped with a second object, KO the first equipped object.)

This character can use Energy Explosion and has a minimum range value of 6."

Basically: Can KC Hawkman use it?

Sanschel posted:

This Tuesday I've got a game where everybody can use Shape Change, what are some figures that gently caress with or rely upon it?

So far I've got:

Galius Zed Black Lantern
LE Captain Britain
BL Batman
Wrath relic

I felt like there were more but I'm drawing a blank. Also taking suggestions on good figures with Battle Fury.

Mr. Majestic: "MOLECULAR SIGHT: Mr. Majestic ignores Shape Change. When Mr. Majestic uses the Move and Attack ability, he modifies his attack value by -1 instead of -2."

WoS Bullseye: "I NEVER MISS: Characters targeted by Bullseye can't use Shape Change or Super Senses."

UC IH Daredevil: "I CAN HEAR YOUR HEARTBEAT: Daredevil ignores Shape Change and Stealth."

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I gotta say, I'm kind of sour on the Superior Foes setlist.

The sketch variant thing just isn't appealing, and it doesn't really make sense with Spidey, either.

But maybe I'm just a classic era Spider-fan who doesn't care about clones, tons of symbiotes, Spider-Verses, and totems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

thebardyspoon posted:

I'm kinda the same but there are a fair number of the classic guys as well. Sorta feels like they should have gone 100% either way (new spider verse, Morlun and his family and the Superior foes OR classic stuff like the enforcers finally) instead they went for both and seems like no one is properly satisfied. I'm hoping the fantastic forces is good cause I want a good cheap Doc Ock and hopefully the Venom and Green Goblin will be a bit different from the ones in the main set, we've still never had a Harry Osborn GG have we?

I don't think we've ever had a Harry, no.

The setlist is interesting, just all over the place. The Serpent Society is a neat call - but there's no Cobra to go with the Mr. Hyde (who's a sculpt reuse of Kingpin).

No Silvermane, either, is odd to me.

You can see the whole thing at: http://wizkids.com/heroclix/superiorfoesofspider-man/?mc_cid=d278a534b2&mc_eid=b4a4fff244

Edit: I will say, the inclusion of Ares is a home loving run for me.

• Locked thread