Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

MrFlibble posted:

Anyone know the best place to order heroclix in the UK? I'm going to be buying TMNT stuff - fairly sure the starter set will be easy enough to get a hold of but if I want to order a case it looks like i'm at the mercy of ebay/retail price.

I've used Blueratgames a few times in the past, they're cheaper than my local store for cases and fast forces. You have to email them for pre-orders usually though, they only put stuff up on the actual store closer to/at actual release, probably cause of the delays Europe always gets with Clix. Whereabouts are you if you don't mind me asking? Just always looking for other potential players haha.

Hugoon Chavez posted:

My only problem with buying random CURs (is that for common, uncommon and rare?) is that I wouldn't have a map or enough pieces to maybe try and convince friends to join the vice, or just play a bit before our rpg sessions.

Also, is there a site I can check the prices for single pieces/old packs? For instance there's a guy selling Fast Forces Chaos War for 40€ and the Invincible set (big fan!) for 20, not sure if those are good prices or not!

The Fast Forces set is pretty good if you like the characters in it, the Scarlet Witch was insane and drove the price up pretty high (so if that price is low for where you are then that could be worth it just for her and Mockingbird alone) and the Invincible set is very old now but if you really like the characters then that's probably worth it for casual play.

CUR sets will probably be the best way to go, as others have said, get a couple of those and you'll have multiple avengers, Xmen, street level heroes and villains of all stripes to get your friends into your new habit. Can get a few maps cheap off ebay or from a local store if there are any, then print off the tokens you need.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jan 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Was the Wonder Woman/Superman set produced in very small quantities or something? It's the one set I didn't bother getting anything from as I had little money at the time and I meant to get a CUR set from ebay later but there's none of those and even the sellers I usually get some stuff from have just a few rares for high prices this far out and no SRs, one is even selling the basic commons for £4.99 each which is pretty crazy.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Morand posted:

I have a pile of extras from that set sitting in my car. If you pay for shipping you can have them.

Yeah I'm up for that, thanks. Would you be able to guesstimate how much shipping would be? I'm in the UK, it's fine if that makes it not worth the hassle though.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
What's the pile like? Might still be worth it maybe. Thanks for the offer in any case anyway.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I don't have PMs but I'd take whatever from Superman/Wonderwoman (including the prime Atom if the maniacal clown didn't call dibs) and that rare Thanos, would give you a little extra as well, for the trouble. Email is tehrevel@hotmail.com

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

So the X-Men prerelease was yesterday, and quite frankly I thought I pulled garbage. I threw together what I regarded as basically the only playable 300 point team possible out of my underwhelming choices:

Wait so is the set still not out or just about out depending on deliveries? I sorta had the impression it was completely out since every figure has been up on the realms for a few weeks now and was balking at some of the prices for the SRs I want, set not being out would explain why even Pixie costs a shitload more than SRs usually do. Obviously over here in the UK we have to wait about 6 weeks for a set to come out after the US and the Realms are talking like it's out in the US so I just assumed it was.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Oh yeah I know that but usually it's like, a few days before the set comes out that everything is up I feel. Gap felt longer this time I guess, hopefully the prices go down a little then haha.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Super confused about most of that (and prizes are very much a thing of the past for me) but liking that character selection, got a lot of the big characters in very good incarnations from the last few sets so mostly just the Young Avengers, Thunderbolts and New Warriors/unclixed randos that I'm interested in.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Where is the latest pac to download? Am I being stupid? The one in the downloads section on the official website is from 2014 and its similar for hcrealms, am I just missing something obvious? My mate has one from the tmnt starter/board game thing but gently caress if I'm buying one of those.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
So kinda random question here cause it's come up a few times now in our games. For characters with a trait or power that says "when X would take damage from an attack", like the uncommon Deadpools defense regen power or Slash's defense power, would that activate if an enemy used incap on them with two action tokens? I said no when it came up, because to me the damage is coming from the pushing (or them lacking the ability to push rather) and incap says "make an attack that deals no damage" and then adds "if the target already has 2 action tokens, deal the target 1 penetrating damage" but my mate argued that they're still taking damage from an attack in that case. If I'm wrong then fair enough, I'll eat some humble pie but I'm relatively sure I'm right (and it also seems in the spirit of the game that incapping is a way around those sorts of powers to me but that's neither here nor there).

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
drat it, I hate being wrong. Fair enough though, will keep that in mind if it ever comes up again. Is it the same with Mastermind while I'm thinking about this? If they get Masterminded damage onto them I mean.

Aside, in theory I really like the new direction they're going with dial design where you can play the full Mauraders or Giant Sized Xmen roster in a relatively low point game. However, playing those in friendly golden era games against people playing mostly 2010-2015 era Clix leads to those new pieces getting smashed in just because of their really short dials, at least in my experience. I didn't even get to see Sabretooth do his cool special move which made me very sad.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
What champ made figures are still on the books by the way? Could have sworn I saw someone who won had decided on Plastic Man but that could have just been someone saying what they'd make if they won right before their savage loss. I would really like a Plastic Man as well, so I may have just dreamed that.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
He could bring in a Woozy Winks pog and everything!

He is definitely my main want but there are a few others I'd consider on that sorta level.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Steve Vader posted:

So is Print and Play gone forever or something?

I got a cardless Indigo Sinestro and I'd like to print one out. I figure it has to be preserved somewhere.

War of Light is in the print and play section on the Heroclix website? Or, am I missing something?

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jun 20, 2016

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Red posted:

I gotta say, I'm kind of sour on the Superior Foes setlist.

The sketch variant thing just isn't appealing, and it doesn't really make sense with Spidey, either.

But maybe I'm just a classic era Spider-fan who doesn't care about clones, tons of symbiotes, Spider-Verses, and totems.

I'm kinda the same but there are a fair number of the classic guys as well. Sorta feels like they should have gone 100% either way (new spider verse, Morlun and his family and the Superior foes OR classic stuff like the enforcers finally) instead they went for both and seems like no one is properly satisfied. I'm hoping the fantastic forces is good cause I want a good cheap Doc Ock and hopefully the Venom and Green Goblin will be a bit different from the ones in the main set, we've still never had a Harry Osborn GG have we?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

ManiacClown posted:

Green Goblin's not a SR again? Thank Shaft! However, it looks like Doc Ock is, so FOR gently caress'S SAKE, WizKids! Stop it! Stop making Spider-Man's second-most famous villain a super rare! The Sinister Six isn't the same if you don't have him! I guess that's why they make him an SR, though.

It's weird, people on the Realms are throwing a shitfit over some of the villains getting a remake "so soon" and it's like, Doc Ock and Brock Venom were only available as OP kit prizes recently and before that were SRs (and 6+ years ago) so I'm kinda glad they're being made slightly more available. At this point though, I'm used to whatever really sweet villain I've been waiting ages for being an SR.

This set looks pretty cool, Devil Dinosaur, Doc Ock, Chameleon, possibly Morlun and then depending on the dials the handstand Spidey, Superior Spider man, Ares and Zemo. Man, that is a lot more SRs than I usually want. Still wish Silvermane had made it in the set though.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Got a Punisher Van coming in the mail, think this is the most excited I have been to play a Heroclix figure in years. Will probably play it with some sort of Marvel Knights team I think, surprise my mate with some unexpected weapon shenanigans.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Aug 1, 2016

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Why do none of the Goblins fly? That and a few classic still unclixed Spidey villains being missing are the two mysteries of the set for me. Still mostly good though.

Got some awesome bargains today, my local shop found out two bricks from their stockroom and sold them to me and a mate for way less than the rrp. I got a full brick of Teen Titans and me and him went halfsies on a Trinity War brick and picked out boosters. I got Envy, the Outsider and a SR Zatanna from my 5, traded her and Vandal Savage for the Wonder Woman SR my friend got. From the Titans brick I got the New Teen Titans base, Flash SR, Red Tornado, Ray and Beast Boy prime

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Aug 9, 2016

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Anybody else got a bunch of Stilt Men pieces that can't connect up? Bought 3 along with the rest of the set and none of the leg pieces attach to the base at all, they have little patterns that seem to make it like only one way fits but every single one is off slightly so none of them fit together.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I might sand down the pegs/carve out the holes a little bit and then glue those tiny magnets you can buy for miniatures into the pegs/slots and his base.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
They announced they're doing 15th anniversary sets for DC and Marvel, with bricks so I assume a full sized set too. I thought they might be throwback dials like the 10th anniversary ones were (also, this news being announced has made me sad that it's already been 5 years since those sets, gone by fast and I still haven't played the Brainiac from that set yet) but apparently people at one of those retailer convention things are saying they're elseworlds and what-if themed.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
That loving Man Bat sculpt is awesome and the Mr Freeze one is pretty cool too.

Not so sure about the incredibly low point JSA, they should make characters with split dials when they haven't been made in years, 50 point 3/4 click dials and then 3 or 4 more clicks for another 50 or 75 points.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Sanschel posted:

Part of me hopes a lot of these old school JSA sculpts get reworked into their 2000s counterparts with more palatable power levels, but that would be nearly 18 figures for a sub theme which I don't think has ever happened, because instead we need another Deadshot using a sniper rifle. I wish the JSA were just getting their own set instead of being shoehorned in with Batman villains.

I could see that many JSA in the set if it's almost entirely the Bat villains otherwise with a smattering of the Squad. Like most villain focused sets usually still have a shitload of heroes relating to those villains so I'm going into this set expecting the usual cavalcade of remakes like Nightwing, lots of Robins, Oracle/Batgirl and such but if those are reduced to just a Robin, an Oracle since it's been a while and the 70s Batman we've seen the sculpt of then they could fit the cheapo JSA, some more expensive variants and then whoever needs to be made from the Suicide Squad and the Bat villains. Hopefully that's the case.

If they don't have some more robust/interesting figures of some of these characters who haven't been made in 10+ years and probably won't again ever then it will be a real missed opportunity. I don't know why they didn't make these ones they're previewing as either a starter set or split dials in the set, they'd be a lot easier to swallow if they were 3 clicks each with these one trick pony dials for 25 points with a more generalised dial available for 30/50 more points.

As it is this is the least excited I've been for a set in ages, they didn't do one of those unboxing videos with the actor guy which were always pretty fun to watch, the actual previews have been underwhelming and they've not done many of them. The sets coming out in mid November right?

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Oct 20, 2016

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Weird that we've had so many Geo Forces get made when there are quite a few characters I'd say are more important who've been made once before special powers even got introduced.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Oh man the unboxing videos and other spoilers were getting to the point where they were changing my opinion on the set but then the Spectre in the latest unboxing set me off again. Man, first time they make the spectre in a non incredibly rare form and it's the spectral observer ghost version. Luckily I still have the Crisis one but man, that is a bummer.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Dexie posted:

I took a year off from Heroclix to give myself a break and stop spending so much money on the game. I wanted to come back with the Joker set release, but...man. This set is looking pretty disappointing so far. :sigh:

Do we know what the next DC set after this one is yet?

Next actual factual comic book set is an Elseworld themed 15th anniversary set with an accompanying starter also Elseworlds themed. There's a Wonder Woman small set coming out that is potentially not just based on the movie according to some pre order store thing as well.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Eh there's only so much you can do. Most of those are just kinda ho hum terms for whatever the power is. You still get some fun stuff like the Riddlers power names in the JW fast forces set.

Really looking forward to these starters later in the year, getting a PAC, double sided map and a bloody rulebook again finally.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I think the fact that the rules are so crazy involved and long winded would make it a way funnier joke if they never use them again. Kind of an interesting idea but I wouldn't want to see them alot if they are a thing going forward. Maybe one or two characters per set so like Thor and Loki in the Thor set coming out later this year. Could be a good way to make the villains who basically work alone or are the big guys in massive story arcs work better in clix.

Man, thought I wouldn't want any of the chases from this Deadpool set but I definitely want D.E.A.D.P.O.O.L.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Feb 14, 2017

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
He's an ultra chase so I'm at peace with not getting that bad boy but yeah that's pretty cool too. D.E.A.D.P.O.O.L. will probably be a little more affordable.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I think our group is going to half and half the leadership changes. We'll use the old rules but add in the shared keyword thing for token removal. Too many of us enjoy Hydra or Shield style teams where a lot of the generics have leadership as well.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Probably banking on everyone buying the starters right?

Hope the people I play with get them cause I don't really want to have to explain all this poo poo. To be honest parsing some of it is a bit much for me, usually gets better once I've got actual stuff in hand though.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
So the WF Supergirl SR arrived today and I hadn't noticed she had the Superman Enemy TA. Seems really weird, they don't give that out to the Apokolips guys much (last one was the son of Darkseid Superman chase figure) and there's not anyone who can thematically team up with her, in a literal game sense or from the comic apart from the quite bad Granny Goodness figures.

All these rules changes are kinda cool, still not sure how much of them we'll adopt but it's always cool to have old figures gain new relevancy and such.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Mar 14, 2017

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
They announced the next DC set at some convention or event called Gama? Harley Quinn and the Gotham Girls? Secret six, suicide squad and birds of prey subthemes and it looks like it has some figures from DCs bombshells books as well.

Showed off some sculpts from the elseworlds, what if, Thor and Wonder Woman sets as well. DKR Batman, definitely going to have to get that.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I just really prefer playing teams I've seen in a comic or that at least make sense working together.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Sanschel posted:

Chase Iron Heart is up: http://wizkids.com/heroclix/2017/04/17/marvel-heroclix-avengersdefenders-war-iron-heart/

It's a neat interpretation of a brand new character with cobbled-together armor, a decentish support piece that could last a while or not even survive a push depending on how you roll. Odd that she's a chase and I have no idea what theme is going on here besides random characters.

Could be like, the new generation of heroes thing? So like Mile Morales Spider Man, Ms Marvel, etc? Bit soon for remakes on most of those I guess but Jane Foster Thor is in the Thor set as well so they could be making them again?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Nearly the whole set and fast forces is up, pretty OK set. Not really feeling many of the SRs apart from the Moon Knight depending on the sculpt for him but those chases, ho boy. Like the Hulk and the Punisher lady quite a bit (I assume that's relatively recent since I've never heard of her?). Most of the stuff I really want is common or uncommon.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Haha and the realms were booing about no Thor in the A/D set (Namor and Silver Surfer being the other two big omissions, I think it's more reasonable to complain about their absence).

Seems a bit pointless since he's getting his own set in like 3 months and he'll no doubt be in that like 5 times as well. It is from an actual What If though, to be fair (I bet he'll make a good enthralled Thor for an Enchantress in that Thor set as well).

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Scott Porter has started doing his unboxing videos for the What If set, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwsppaBHPXk

He's talking about what he hopes is in the set before he starts opening boosters and it's kinda depressing cause he wants Xmen and Fantastic Four stuff because, as he rightly says, those are usually the coolest What Ifs and you know there aren't going to be any of the latter and probably not many of the former in there.

The Runaways look quite cool and the Shield agent Punisher, Iron Punisher and Jessica Jones as the Avengers/Shield Liaison are all neat but not a fan of yet more 616 Punishers and Iron Men even if the dials are good.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Problem I found with a lot of What If stories is they quite often end right when they would become really cool. Like quite often you get essentially their new origin story and then it ends. Or the ones from the late 00s, they spent like, half the goddamn issue explaining the character and branching point for the story before they even get to the actual story.

I haven't read the Tony Stark as Sorcerer Supreme one but if it ended right as Tony Stark got made Sorcerer Supreme or something, could explain the dial. Though they've created characters out of whole cloth based on not many or zero comic panels before, they could have done it here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I'd get them to make Knight (or Squire I guess, and hope that they feel obligated to make the other one in the same set) since it bugged the hell out of me that those two never got made with the rest of the Batmen of the world in the Batman set. They seem like the two that have the most appearances to me.

• Locked thread