Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

bad day posted:

I have been toying around with a story that involves a character wiping out a large part of the human population to save the environment. This isn't a new idea - it's spawned a James Bond movie and a Batman villain - some people think it's a real thing, even.

But I'm at a loss as to how someone would realistically accomplish the goal. Most of the ideas conspiracy theorists have (chemtrails, vaccines, mass sterilization, etc) are kind of unexciting. You wouldn't want to irradiate the earth or harm its long-term ecology, but you'd want to get rid of approximately a third of the earth's population. Somehow. My best idea involves dropping giant rocks from low earth orbit onto major population centers.

How would you destroy civilization, given such a mandate? What are the pluses and minuses of different scenarios?

by the way, dropping asteroids on things will wreck the climate for a while due to all the dust it kicks up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

GBS Ambassador posted:

Wiping out a third of the world population whether through natural or manmade causes wont stop future generations from reproducing at a crazy pace for survival. To lower the population in the long-run involves nation-wide systemic policies that minimizes incentives for producing children such as discouraging rural living and concentrating majority of the population into high-density cities to eliminate the need for children over manual labor, higher incomes that encourages people to put off having children to pursue and advance their careers, and subsidized quality education for everyone so that people can actually invent ways to save the environment.

also educating fe-males and getting them into the work force no matter how loud neckbeards bitch and moan about it

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Geniasis posted:

They're also going to have about 30 million more men than women by 2020, which is seen as somewhat less than ideal.

The pragmatic solution is to subsidise gay sex.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

itt let's take a step back and reassess whether Hitler did, in fact, do anything wrong

If the nazis had been against eugenics, would you still have a problem with it ~~~

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Which was about establishing the strongest possible political ties and order of succession, not genotypes, any more than old money sneering at parvenus and the help alike or droning on about their Mayflower ancestry is eugenics. They weren't trying to breed an unstoppable race of superkings, nor eliminate the inferior traits that made peasants lumpen and prone to actually working for a living, they just wanted to keep the crown in the family and claimed ancestry from previous rulers as legitimacy to rule. Eugenicists, who only existed as a meaningful concept post-Darwin and Mendel, woulda sterilized the entire Habsburg line when it started producing prognathous jaws; feudal nobility woulda gibbeted eugenicists as heretics.

hmmmm this eugenics thing sounds cool and good

• Locked thread