Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Reznor posted:

Destroying everything is ineffecient. A global one child policy would allow for a gradual controlled population decline with retention of industrial capacity. The problem is then getting a big enough stick to compell the world to go along. But you wpuldn't have to use it so that means you could go crazy on that end.

Yeah, the one child policy worked out real well for China.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Reznor posted:

Real talk. Didn't it? They were all third world and now they are one of the global superpowers.

Is't that the point of the story anyways?

They're also going to have about 30 million more men than women by 2020, which is seen as somewhat less than ideal.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

McFunkerson posted:

Reverse any kind of gun control and legalize all drugs and let a large chunk of the population take care of themselves.

Alternatively, I've felt for a while that we need to stop reversing Darwinism and start helping it.
We coddle, cure, and protect people who degrade our gene pool. If we stopped putting time and effort into curing and treating genetic disorders, or only offered treatment to people who had no children and agreed to sterilization, we could do a small bit of population control and strengthen our genetics as a species going forward.

So nice of you to volunteer.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

McFunkerson posted:

Woah, so this is starting to go down a dangerous path here. I no longer intent to argue or support my own statements above. I get what you're saying above in that if my comments are taken seriously and at face value it's a slippery slope... But for the record, I wasn't trying to imply people should be targeted based or race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. Nor am I supporting slaughtering any number of innocent people.

But like, hasn't that been the end result of every eugenics program? I mean yeah, I guess you could make a case that it could be beneficial is done objectively and without bias towards any ethnic or religious group, but good loving luck with that.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
To be fair, it's not like there's only ever been one definition. And even things like pre-natal care were considered eugenics at one point. So it isn't like the field is completely tainted, but when you start to get into the territory of deciding which people should and should not get to reproduce, that gets real dicey real quick.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Earwicker posted:

The entire concept of Royal Families and Nobility is in effect a eugenics program (albeit not a scientifically organized one), and has gotten plenty of press

Breeding an entire group of people to have hemophilia isn't the success story they had in mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

GORDON posted:

"Humans are the only animal with an unemployment rate."

Stop feeding the poor and it will cause an instant uptick in average human intelligence. And I KNOW I'm an rear end in a top hat, but I'm also correct.

So, do animals have 100% employment, or are they all unemployed? Because you're an idiot either way.

• Locked thread