Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carnival of Shrews
Mar 27, 2013

You're not David Attenborough

bad day posted:

But I'm at a loss as to how someone would realistically accomplish the goal. Most of the ideas conspiracy theorists have (chemtrails, vaccines, mass sterilization, etc) are kind of unexciting

You need to see the bonkers British sci-fi series Utopia as a late Christmas present to yourself, assuming you haven't already. It uses one of the very methods you reckon is boring; I won't spoil it by saying which. Utopia loves to shock with ruthless cruelty, rather than gore (it is very, very violent) and is viewable for free as an online boxset within the UK:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/utopia

If you can't get this to work by whatever skills you can muster, things become trickier, because I think there's no region 1 DVD release available to buy, though there is blu-ray.

The first series is much better than the second, but the second one isn't terrible. There won't be any more, apparently, though IMO a third series was easily possible (probably not a fourth). It's by no means perfect, but it demonstrates that the actual means by which your evil genius(es) attempt their deed is less important than motivation, character, horrid plot twists, and blazing demented self-justification.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread