Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ma i married a tuna
Apr 24, 2005

Numbers add up to nothing
Pillbug

bad day posted:

I have been toying around with a story that involves a character wiping out a large part of the human population to save the environment. This isn't a new idea - it's spawned a James Bond movie and a Batman villain - some people think it's a real thing, even.

But I'm at a loss as to how someone would realistically accomplish the goal. Most of the ideas conspiracy theorists have (chemtrails, vaccines, mass sterilization, etc) are kind of unexciting. You wouldn't want to irradiate the earth or harm its long-term ecology, but you'd want to get rid of approximately a third of the earth's population. Somehow. My best idea involves dropping giant rocks from low earth orbit onto major population centers.

How would you destroy civilization, given such a mandate? What are the pluses and minuses of different scenarios?

A bio-engineered disease, that relies on certain genetic markers. Racist as all hell, but that's not necessarily a stumbling block if you're committing to wiping out most of the human race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread