Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
They can be either your own dreams/nightmares or that of someone you know (or historical figure). Fictional dreams like with Kafka's Metamorphosis should be allowed as well.

For me personally, the weirdest nightmare I remember having was when I was eight or so. My dream started out as a top-down pixelated SNES RPG like with Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy VI and began in a sewer level. I navigated myself as a character in these sewers, generally going up and left into different parts of the "map."

Eventually, I found myself on a stage similar to the opera scene from Final Fantasy VI but in the reverse perspective. My "character" suddenly changed into a flat 2D cardboard cut-out (kind of like in a collage) and my "camera" or perspective zoomed closer in. Opposite of me was what looked like the conductor of an orchestra. This shrill orchestral music was playing and my "camera" leaped from me to the conductor and back, the music increasing in volume. Suddenly, it panned over to the conductor with him being hung from a noose and blue in the face, the music reaching a deafening level when at this point I woke up in a cold sweat screaming and terrified. It was an incredibly vivid and disturbing nightmare for me as a kid that I still remember it many years later.

Another more bog-standard nightmare I remember as a kid was being in a looping steel roller coaster with yellow and red-striped painted cars going through the track above pine trees and through a few loops in a first-person POV before the cars were decoupled and flung from the rail into the air before plunging to the ground, kind of like when you set up a dead end on a coaster in Roller Coaster Tycoon 1. Of course, I woke up terrified and in a sweat.

As for a regular dream... I dunno, my memory isn't as good with these, especially after a few hours after waking up. Uh... I remember one as a kid involving a kick-rear end DBZ battle between Majin Buu and Broly. There was another one I reportedly slept walk and mumbled about trying to catch a Pidgey. Maybe I played too many video games/watched too many cartoons as a kid :lol:.

Well, that's all I've got for now. Post your favorite/least favorite dreams and nightmares!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obviously I fucked it
Oct 6, 2009
Sharks chasing me and eating me. They chase after me in the surf, or when I'm on a boat. They cruise around just below the surface and I *of course* fall out of the boat and into the water everytime. I lose a leg or two before I wake up, or they just devour me. gently caress weird dreams and nightmares.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
A few nights ago I dreamt I was a reporter going back to her hometown on some remote New England-ey island to investigate a haunted house/horror museum that had suddenly popped up and started sending out trading cards with really disturbing images on them. The one that kept recurring in the dream was a picture of a sickly kid with one glowing red eye and one empty socket. The museum itself was next-door to a mental hospital, on the end of a street that I'd been afraid to walk down as a kid, and no one really knew how it had gotten there in the first place or what its deal was, so I was supposed to find out.

The best parts that I remember are being given a tour of the museum and having to cover my eyes from the huge pictures on the walls ("Oh come on, the ones that move are much worse!" the owner said; "But these ones ARE moving!" I replied), and my 'character' having a deep disdain for tourists on the island.

It was actually kind of interesting; I was disappointed when I woke up without either solving the mystery or putting the place out of business.

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

Parasol Prophet posted:

A few nights ago I dreamt I was a reporter going back to her hometown on some remote New England-ey island to investigate a haunted house/horror museum that had suddenly popped up and started sending out trading cards with really disturbing images on them. The one that kept recurring in the dream was a picture of a sickly kid with one glowing red eye and one empty socket. The museum itself was next-door to a mental hospital, on the end of a street that I'd been afraid to walk down as a kid, and no one really knew how it had gotten there in the first place or what its deal was, so I was supposed to find out.

The best parts that I remember are being given a tour of the museum and having to cover my eyes from the huge pictures on the walls ("Oh come on, the ones that move are much worse!" the owner said; "But these ones ARE moving!" I replied), and my 'character' having a deep disdain for tourists on the island.

It was actually kind of interesting; I was disappointed when I woke up without either solving the mystery or putting the place out of business.

This sounds awesome, please write a story/make a movie of it asap thanks.

Several years ago I dreamed that I visited Heaven. It looked like a huge meadow and forest, and was brightly lit by a huge, white, translucent sun. There were a bunch of impossibly high white buildings scattered around the meadow area- so tall that they disappeared up into the sky at the tops. They were in different styles: some looked like they would belong in ancient Greece, some looked like modern skyscrapers, others like really huge pueblos, etc.

It was a flying dream, and I flew over lush orchards and rows of plants with fruit that I've never seen in real life. One kind looked similar to an apple, except it was blushed in peach, pink, yellow, and purple.

Eventually I flew to an unfathomably wide platform, where the Gods apparently were. They were invisible and also gigantic. I say Gods, plural, because even though I couldn't see them, it felt like there were a lot of them sitting there. I sat down on the edge of the platform and felt something(s?) put its arm around me. I was bathed in an overwhelming feeling of love (inhuman, unconditional), and then I immediately woke up.

It was one of the strangest dreams I ever had. I'm not a religious person, so I have no idea what prompted it.

Oh also, I'm pretty sure the heavenly platform had a black-and-white checkerboard pattern, like an old timey kitchen. What's that even about?

Part of Everything
Feb 1, 2005

He clenched his teeh and walked out of the study
I'm about to go to sleep (maybe for another dream??) so I won't post my favorite one now, but here's the runner up.

I was in a gigantic warehouse with a couple hundred other people I didn't know. Besides people the only other things in there were long cafeteria tables, the kind with the folding legs. Surrounding the building was a huge open field.

Suddenly out of nowhere dragons come flying over the hills and started smashing the windows of the warehouse. People started screaming and running all over. One of the dragons took a handful of people, put them on a table, then took another table and put it on top, then picked the whole thing up and ate it.

"THIS IS DRAGON ICE CREAM SANDWICHES!" One of the freaking out random dream people yelled. I started to run to try to avoid becoming part of a dragon icecream sandwich and woke up pretty scared.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
The absolute worst nightmare I've ever had was literally just orange dots moving randomly on a black background, but accompanied by the most intense terror I've ever felt.

It was a recurring one too, and after the first two times, I would be so terrified as the dream came into focus that I would physically tear myself out of it and jerk awake after less than a second. It sounds ridiculous but even fever dreams I've had haven't bothered me as much.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Telemaze posted:

This sounds awesome, please write a story/make a movie of it asap thanks.

Generally people hate it when you end a story with "but it was all just a dream." :v:

[e]: I had another weird dream last night:

I was driving my car into what looked like a mix of San Andreas and Chicago. There were a bunch of people in long green and purple shirts and holding pistols (like this http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/534/534690/grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040730111415999-000.jpg) and I felt afraid, trying to stay inconspicuous and wary of any potential bullets coming from behind me.

I drove on what seemed like the Chicago Skyway and was just half-paying attention to the road when I ramped onto the railway. It was hundreds of feet into the air and I didn't really care what was going on until I had to hit the brakes before hitting a stopped train at a train platform. I shifted into reverse and sped backwards until my car went off the rails. I somehow managed to get out of the car and attach it to my leg with a cable like in Just Cause 3 while holding onto the edge of the rail. I was scared of plunging to my death so, somehow, I managed to gently climb around the edge back to where I first got onto the rails from the entrance of the Skyway, pulling the car back up.

Then, I saw a really old black guy with a salt and pepper beard. He was impressed by how I got out of that tricky situation, saying how "that was a good 400 foot drop over there. You could have easily broken your neck and died! You're one of us now." Then he pulled out a lawn chair for me and him and starting rolling a joint for us to share before I woke up.

Well, that's my story. No, my dreams don't really make any sense.

Teriyaki Koinku has a new favorite as of 16:56 on Dec 22, 2015

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Telemaze posted:

It was one of the strangest dreams I ever had. I'm not a religious person, so I have no idea what prompted it.

Have you ever ingested shrooms? I'm not joking, that's more or less the feeling you get from eating shrooms.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Dachshundofdoom posted:

The absolute worst nightmare I've ever had was literally just orange dots moving randomly on a black background, but accompanied by the most intense terror I've ever felt.

It was a recurring one too, and after the first two times, I would be so terrified as the dream came into focus that I would physically tear myself out of it and jerk awake after less than a second. It sounds ridiculous but even fever dreams I've had haven't bothered me as much.

I would watch this as a post-modern abstract film (like the kind you see in an empty room projected onto a screen in a museum), if that helps.

Tevryr
Dec 5, 2009

Dachshundofdoom posted:

I've had a few very similar to this when I was younger. Black background, solid color non-white squares blipping around slowly but randomly. The terror was like a "life is meaningless" or "this is how everything ends and is inevitable" kind of feeling.

The worst I've ever had was being visited, or rather tricked into a home invasion by a car full of very different, but menacing people. The leader was like an old school railrood tycoon looking guy, followed by a mishmash of inbred weirdos and a little girl. It was a couple days before Christmas in the dream and real life, and wound up in an incredibly violent stab-out resulting in my mother dead and me running out to their open car and waking up thinking for about 10 seconds that it had really happened.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
The night the Mets lost the World Series, I had a dream that Mike Moustakas and I were running a podcast about Simpsons-themed burgers. The burger we ate during recording was a donut burger with onion & tomato, and he got mad at me for picking out the tomato because that meant I wouldn't be experiencing the burger the way it was meant to be experienced, even though I had already taken a bite out of it with the tomato in.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
I had a dream that the pope was in my gym class. It wasn't very interesting. It's a shame because it would make a great kid's book, with the pontiff on the cover hitching up his robes to kick a soccer ball while a kid looks astonished in the foreground.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle
I had a dream last night that my husband bought me a puppy with pipe cleaners for legs, like 3-4 per leg (for stability). When walking it was inconvenient, we could just pull them up and over, twist them together, and they would become a handle.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Fitting I found this thread!

This morning I had a dream set at a school. I had to give a speech of some sort, felt confident.. until I couldn't find my notes. Eventually I gave up and improv'd the speech, which was to three separate classes connected by a circular connecting room thing. Everyone loved the speech, which ended with me sliding on the floor, for some reason.

It then cut away from that scene, as if I was remembering it. I was descending from a Mayan/South American temple spire, crumbling under my weight. Got down fine, felt accomplished, and then I woke up.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Is there any currency to dreams being a useful tool for psychoanalysis or are they just merely a bunch of "garbage data" our brains are basically flushing away in REM sleep?

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Is there any currency to dreams being a useful tool for psychoanalysis or are they just merely a bunch of "garbage data" our brains are basically flushing away in REM sleep?

I recently had a dream in which I found myself in an immense supermarket, sort of like a plus-sized Walmart. Glancing to my right, I saw Dracula (cape and all) standing next to me in the vegetable section, picking out broccoli. Horrified, I threw a punch at him (in useless dream slow motion, of course) to no effect, and his own punch sent me flying through the air like I was weightless. I woke up with a start when I hit the ground about 60 feet down the aisle.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm pretty sure it's the second thing.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Part of Everything posted:

"THIS IS DRAGON ICE CREAM SANDWICHES!"

Kind of late on this, but Dragon Ice Cream Sandwiches might be the best absurd dream-concept-that-makes-perfect-sense-in-the-dream that I've ever heard.

For content, one of the shortest dreams I've had was one where I was sitting in traffic at a stoplight, and some guy started walking between the cars like people do when asking for donations, except this guy was just handing out pieces of beef jerky. I accepted a piece and thought it was weird, but maybe he had a jerky restaurant or something.

Then I looked in the rear view mirror and saw a second guy coming through, shotgunning everyone who had taken the jerky. I started panicking but couldn't go anywhere because the light was still red, and when I looked back at my window the gun was in my face and it jarred me awake.

I always wind up getting killed in dumb ways in dreams.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Parasol Prophet posted:

Kind of late on this, but Dragon Ice Cream Sandwiches might be the best absurd dream-concept-that-makes-perfect-sense-in-the-dream that I've ever heard.

For content, one of the shortest dreams I've had was one where I was sitting in traffic at a stoplight, and some guy started walking between the cars like people do when asking for donations, except this guy was just handing out pieces of beef jerky. I accepted a piece and thought it was weird, but maybe he had a jerky restaurant or something.

Then I looked in the rear view mirror and saw a second guy coming through, shotgunning everyone who had taken the jerky. I started panicking but couldn't go anywhere because the light was still red, and when I looked back at my window the gun was in my face and it jarred me awake.

I always wind up getting killed in dumb ways in dreams.

This is great.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
I rarely dream (or at least remember my dreams), and when I do it's a trip.

Probably the worst was when I was 6 or 7. The house we lived in had a farm field behind it, and I dreamed that a pair of farmers had feuded over the land years before our house was built. One of the farmers was decapitated in the fight, and the other buried him and the head in what would become our backyard. After the murder finished burying the other farmer, my dream remained focused on the field but time sped up, and I watched days and years pass until our house was built and we moved in, and then the dead guy dug his way out of his grave, wandering around our backyard looking for his missing head to the oppressive thumping beat of what I can only assume was my own fevered heartbeat, at which point I woke up, terrified and crying. My Mom came into the room to check on me, and I leaned over the railing of my top bunk to give her a hug.

And woke up the rest of the way just in time to prevent myself from falling headfirst off the top bunk, because she wasn't actually there. :gonk:

The next one holds a very special second place. I was back at work after a long absence, and everyone was happy to have me back, asking how I was, if I was back for good, why was I gone anyway, that sort of thing. And it was nice to be back, although something seemed off and I couldn't remember quite why I'd left in the first place. I woke up feeling great about actually going back to my job. At which point I remembered that I'd been fired two months earlier and no, I was not going back. Felt like being gutted.

Had one a couple of times in a row a few years back, that seemed like it would be pretty actiony but then wasn't. It started out in a helicopter flyby of a multistory building. I repel out of the 'copter onto the room, AR slung over my shoulder. I then proceed to sweep through the building, floor by floor looking for something (no idea what). The building is quiet and empty, not just of people, but it was an office building without any office stuff in it. I made it to the ground floor and discovered that the door were barricaded, from the inside. Like someone had tried to prevent someone from getting it, and then disappeared. Like I said, had it several times and then it stopped.

Recently I had one where I was myself as I'd been at 16, except it was like an alternate universe version on my life; different State, different house, Mom appeared to be a single parent, I was in a serious relationship with a girl clearly made up for the dream, etc. I woke up feeling like that kid for all of a minute before 14 additional years of life dropped back into my memory.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Three or four times a month, I'll have dreams that I'm working at two previous jobs that I started out liking, but ended up hating (both retail jobs). In both cases, I'm working there again and can't figure out how to use the software. I'm trying to check out a customer and start mildly freaking out. On a few occasions, I am able to jolt myself out of the dream only to fall right back into it at almost the exact same spot.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I normally dont remember my dreams but a few weeks ago i had one where I was visted by my twin and/or a clone of myself who convinced me that I was needed in some scheme to save the universe from imploding on itself. Later I somehow became aware that I was actually in a movie (that was bizarely in the Mission Impossible series even though Tom Cruise nor spying were in the dream, it was some interplanetary poo poo). At one point I accidentally start a brush fire on some planet and remember that someone had told me I set fire to an entire planet in this movie so I say out loud "uh oh, this isnt gonna end well".

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Not really a nightmare, just a really weird dream from last night.

For some reason, I had a close-up x-ray view of my own head and neck with a voice sort of like Urkel's saying "Crushing the neck booooooones!" over and over again as my skull was crushed into my neck. There was a focus on breaking the neck bones which didn't even look anything like real-life bones, just some small bones holding up the head as it was pressed inward towards my chest.

I didn't feel any pain or anything, just kept hearing this voice repeat over and over again, sometimes in slo-mo, sometimes not. It was really bizarre.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Oh, another one I just remembered:

When I was a kid, a particularly vivid dream I had once involved me seated at an open-air concert hall with an orchestra playing, but me in my pajamas in a bed in an audience full of beds/listeners. I remember wondering in the dream why didn't more symphonies have in-bed audiences to listen to their shows while having a good nap.

Then I woke up. It was a neat dream as a 9 year old. :shobon:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Oh, another one I just remembered:

When I was a kid, a particularly vivid dream I had once involved me seated at an open-air concert hall with an orchestra playing, but me in my pajamas in a bed in an audience full of beds/listeners. I remember wondering in the dream why didn't more symphonies have in-bed audiences to listen to their shows while having a good nap.

Then I woke up. It was a neat dream as a 9 year old. :shobon:

Fund this poo poo. Lullabys by an actual orchestra while lying in bed would be loving amazing.

TOO MANY GOBLINS
May 31, 2015
Oh man, when I was a kid (like seven or eight) I had this nightmare where I owned a magical robe that I wore all the time, and it was so magical and great (I don't even think it did anything) that the government wanted to steal it so they could use it for evil or whatever, and when I wouldn't give it to them they tied me up and forced me to watch as they trapped my parents in the wood cabin we owned at the time and burned them alive. Only time in my whole life I've woken up in a cold sweat and crying, I didn't talk for like, two days afterwards it hosed me up so bad.

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013
When I was a kid, I shared a room with my brother and we had bunk beds. I slept on the top one. One night I had a dream that I was lying in bed and staring at the ladder you would use to climb to the top bunk. This small green monster was climbing the ladder and it may have sat on my chest or something. I don't remember being as scared as you would expect when I woke up.

A couple of nights ago I had a dream that my dad died of a heart attack. That was terrible.

Also yesterday I slipped like fourteen times shoveling snow on top of having like 2 hours of sleep the night before. When I tried to go to bed I kept having dreams about slipping on ice that ended in that falling sensation and kicking my girlfriend who was trying to sleep.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

TOO MANY GOBLINS posted:

Oh man, when I was a kid (like seven or eight) I had this nightmare where I owned a magical robe that I wore all the time, and it was so magical and great (I don't even think it did anything) that the government wanted to steal it so they could use it for evil or whatever, and when I wouldn't give it to them they tied me up and forced me to watch as they trapped my parents in the wood cabin we owned at the time and burned them alive. Only time in my whole life I've woken up in a cold sweat and crying, I didn't talk for like, two days afterwards it hosed me up so bad.

I had a similar "something awesome turns into something horrible" dream when I was a kid. In it, my cousin and I were signed up for gymnastics classes, and this evil gymnastics coach broke my cousin's legs for not doing a split right. :gonk:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Kitsunegari posted:

When I was a kid, I shared a room with my brother and we had bunk beds. I slept on the top one. One night I had a dream that I was lying in bed and staring at the ladder you would use to climb to the top bunk. This small green monster was climbing the ladder and it may have sat on my chest or something. I don't remember being as scared as you would expect when I woke up.

When I was 4 I had a dream that my brother's teddy bear kept slowly levitating up to where I was sleeping in the top bunk and trying to pull me off. I would kick it off and it would stop moving for a while, but when I'd give up watching it and try to go back to sleep 30 seconds later I'd feel a tug at my foot again and that loving bear would be there.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Intoluene posted:

Fund this poo poo. Lullabys by an actual orchestra while lying in bed would be loving amazing.

It's been done. The first performance of Sleep had beds for the audience instead of chairs.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/classicalmusic/11680797/Max-Richter-composes-longest-ever-piece-of-classical-music.html

Owl Inspector has a new favorite as of 19:48 on Jan 26, 2016

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

drat it, I predicted this as a kid! Where's my royalty check!? :mad:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well:

I dreamt I was in this dinky little supermarket somewhere indeterminate, I was grabbing something out of the frozen section when I turn around and see a friend I haven't seen for a long time, I call out to him and they insist on being named Frederick now, but dream me has none of that and keeps calling him by his old name and each time I say his name he keeps insisting 'My name is Frederick" in a way that suggested he was kind of sick of correcting people. Right after that I notice that they're crossdressing; wearing a skirt with a ribbon in their hair. As soon as I go to ask them about that my childhood best friend shows up and calls out, we both walk over, greet and hug, I then lose balance during the hug, fall backwards and wake up in my bed.

I was confused as all gently caress for that entire morning.

shelley
Nov 8, 2010
Dreamed I was at a Denny's that was about to close due to a blizzard. It was weird and foreboding, but I didn't have to pay for my food.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I had a dream several years ago where I was being chased through a supermarket by a sunburned white guy in khaki shorts, who I knew was a serial killer. He cornered me in the dairy aisle and I just started taking random stuff off the shelves and throwing it at him. After he caught a bag of string cheese I threw, I realized that the solution was to mimick an advertisement that appeals to masculinity. So I say in this painfully fake deep, folksy voice (think Big Jilm): "STRING CHEEEEESE? WHAT YOU NEED IS GOOD OL' BAY'S OLD FASHIONED ENGLISH MUFFINS! IT SAYS OLLLLD FASHIONED RIGHT ON THE PACKAGE!" And the airboat tour guide-looking killer just stares at me like I'm the biggest loving moron alive. I woke up out of sheer embarrassment, and I still cringe-laugh every time I think about it.

Rollersnake has a new favorite as of 04:33 on Jan 27, 2016

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Rollersnake posted:

I had a dream several years ago where I was being chased through a supermarket by a sunburned white guy in khaki shorts, who I knew was a serial killer. He cornered me in the dairy aisle and I just started taking random stuff off the shelves and throwing it at him. After he caught a bag of string cheese I threw, I realized that the solution was to mimick an advertisement that appeals to masculinity. So I say in this painfully fake deep, folksy voice (think Big Jilm): "STRING CHEEEEESE? WHAT YOU NEED IS GOOD OL' BAY'S OLD FASHIONED ENGLISH MUFFINS! IT SAYS OLLLLD FASHIONED RIGHT ON THE PACKAGE!" And the airboat tour guide-looking killer just stares at me like I'm the biggest loving moron alive. I woke up out of sheer embarrassment, and I still cringe-laugh every time I think about it.

This is hilarious. I wish people could stop killing sprees this way in real life.

Either that or make it work in a commercial for English muffins.

EmilBraun
Jul 13, 2015
As a kid I use to always have this multistep nightmare where I would be stuck on an airplane for what felt like hours with no one on it. Eventually something would happen where I would somehow end up outside the plane and begin to fall and this would jolt me awake. Once I had gone back to sleep the next dream was always some dimly lit maze with this weird pyramidal creature chasing me (always looked like the eye of providence idk).

Currently it's just the run of the mill falling dreams, being chased by murderers, and such from what I can remember and piece together.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I get sleep paralysis a lot. It's the worst feeling ever, and I totally understand why people who get it think they're being abducted by aliens.

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

I had only one dream hosed up enough it actually gave me panic attacks for some time. What makes it strange is that it wasn't even too creative. If not for the end effect, it would actually be pretty boring for a nightmare.

Here I am, flying somewhere by helicopter. The landscape around seems like a rainforest. There is a clearing with some ruins, which simultaneously looked modern and ancient. Hard to describe - there were large blocks thrown around, but also a concrete foundation. Seeing the remains of the building bring a pang of guilt, as if its state was my fault somehow. I get the feeling I did something bad and have to face the consequences. Or at least see them on my own eyes.

The helicopter lands on the concrete platform. Two silent guards check my badge and escort me through the facility. We pass through several people, not speaking even a word to them and reach a modern-looking elevator. I go inside, flanked by both guards. One of them pushes a button and the elevator door closes.

When they open again, I see a dark corridor. If you ever played Doom 3, it looks pretty similar - bare metal floor and walls, flickering fluorescent tubes in the ceiling, patches of rust here and there. Fire burns somewhere in the middle. Both guards stand motionless in the elevator, rifles in their hands, looking without any expression at the place where the corridor turns left. I know they have my back and I can proceed with whatever is to be done here.

Suddenly, a woman walks from the hidden part of the corridor. She has a labcoat, tangled hair and weird look in her eyes. When she spots me, she starts to go faster, screaming a word. It's hard to make out from the distance, but I immediately know it's bad and hearing it is extremely dangerous to me. She gets closer and closer and my guards just stand there like statues. I scream at them to shoot the woman dead, but they don't react. I order them to move the elevator up, but they don't even change their expression. Panicked, I push the button and the elevator door closes with the speed of a glacier. She effortlessly waltzes through them just before they close, forcefully grabs my head and screams the word with full volume into my ear. As I hear it, I feel my mind dissolving. There is less and less of me with each second and I lose consciousness

I woke up from the dream drenched with sweat and terrified. For some time I just lied in bed trying not to get asleep because I was afraid it's going to happen to me again. Whenever I tried to remember the word, I felt utter terror and certainty that knowing it would be very bad. I couldn't even try to think about it for a week without getting a mild panic attack. Later my mind would just slip and get distracted by something else every time I tried.

Fortunately, it never happened to me again. I definitely had my share of weird and hosed up dreams before and later, but nothing of this sort.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I think I had one of my weirdest dreams ever the other night.

Basically, I remember it starting in a YMCA-style men's changing room with blue tile everywhere on the floor and half-way up on the walls. I was informed by one of the staff there that I was in a homeless shelter for AIDS patient because the local hospitals were too full and they needed to put the excess AIDS patients somewhere.

We were all down to our skivvies and instructed to put on surgical gloves to help protect us from spreading AIDS to other people. Except it was in a clear plastic tote bag with openings at the top and on the side. The bag itself was flecked with blood and filled with obviously used gloves, but we didn't seem to really have any choice but to put them on. It was kind of intimidating like how a concentration camp would be run.

So, I and the others do so, and then we leave the changing room to what looks like a miniature bowling alley. Where one of the lanes should have been was an oversized larger than life arcade machine with a fake crotch-rocket Yamaha motor-bike. The arcade machine was blaring the Daytona USA theme like "DAYTOOOOOOOOOONA! LET'S FLY AWAY! DAYTOOOOOOOOOOONA!" There was a chick riding the motorcycle and finishing up her game before getting off to let one of the AIDS patients to get on.

I don't remember the rest, I think the dream ended right after that. That was definitely something I woke up to in the morning with what must've looked like :staredog: on my face. It was weird as gently caress.

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:

Gantolandon posted:

Here I am, flying somewhere by helicopter. The landscape around seems like a rainforest. There is a clearing with some ruins, which simultaneously looked modern and ancient. Hard to describe - there were large blocks thrown around, but also a concrete foundation. Seeing the remains of the building bring a pang of guilt, as if its state was my fault somehow...

You should watch the film Pontypool. It's pretty terrifying in the same way as your dream, without spoiling too much.

For some reason my bad dreams involve being trapped in some kind of half-living, fleshy chamber or being (often with the walls gradually turning into metal in some places). The latest dream had these strange, bus-sized larvae-like prison constructs aligned in a kind of matrix in a huge hangar or underground hall. Apparently, they had the ability to custom-design a terrible interior for whoever got trapped in them; it seemed like they could read your mind or something.

My sentence apparently consisted of a dark, metallic room filled with empty, small animal cages and a generic crazed axe murderer who would chase me around whenever he spotted me hiding. For some reason the dream would keep shifting into a sidescrolling, Street Fighter-like perspective and old-school graphics.

I'm just sick of the body horror themes in 50% of my dreams. C'mon, brain. I know you can do better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
Diving into a pool like any other, swimming to the bottom which is like 12 feet, no big deal right? Then I look up, I'm a solid 400-500 yards under water, and there is a megalodon/large rear end dinosaur the size of a skyscraper

• Locked thread