Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Hey y'all, K. Flaps here to bring some christmasy joy into this dire forum by talking about anime christmas specials.

While western long noses celebrate christmas by visiting their families, going to church and advancing the collapse of society by indulging into buying lots of retarded crap like roombas and photo albums, the japanese do cool poo poo like going on a date to the local christmas tree& saying `sugoi desu ne`, eating chicken or becoming depressed because nobody wants to have sex with old women in their mid twenties

Theres lots of anime with christmas episodes and we should talk about them while snuggling up in our blankets and drinking hot cocoa.

Theres the Toradora christmas episode, in which Taiga sings a christmas duet with the girl who should've actually won the series

The K-On episode in which lovable retard Yui invited all the other keions to hang out at her house

Theres the Disappearance of Haruhi movie, which is essentially a christmas episode in movie form. Did you know Yuki is japanese for snow?

Pls ppost christmas gifs in this thread and talk about which shows have the best christmas episodes, so I can watch them on christmas eve when I'm hiding from my family somewhere in the basement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The osomatsu Christmas episode about them being completely lonely losers with that feel when no gf

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The kyouran kazoku nikki episode where the catgirl fights santa

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
The Hidamari Sketch xHoneycomb Christmas episode has a Longcat hug pillow in it, so that's something.

The Osomatsu Christmas episode seemed pretty funny even though I haven't gotten around to watching most of the other Osomatsu episodes.

I honestly forgot all about the K-on Christmas episode. It's S2 right?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

StandardVC10 posted:

The Hidamari Sketch xHoneycomb Christmas episode has a Longcat hug pillow in it, so that's something.

The Osomatsu Christmas episode seemed pretty funny even though I haven't gotten around to watching most of the other Osomatsu episodes.

K-ON does christmas at least 2 times, possibly 3

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

StandardVC10 posted:

It's episode 7 of season 1

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

The osomatsu Christmas episode about them being completely lonely losers with that feel when no gf

Totoko dreaming of the matsus running a train on her through all of tokyos love hotels was very frigging merry.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Yui is not retarded though

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLbHmStob4s

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Are there any Hannukah episodes, OP? :jewish:

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

No because Japanese don't know what that is

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."

hi thanks

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

0080 is fun Christmas Gundam, sure to bring a smile to your face

also,

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

:eyepop:
:worship:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Oh my....

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

http://www.crunchyroll.com/polar-bear-cafe/episode-37-christmas-planning-christmas-trouble-610689

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

http://www.crunchyroll.com/digimon-adventure-02/episode-38-a-very-digi-christmas-680425

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

that's not a healthy spinal position. she should probably see a chiropractor

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The Christmas episode of The Big O is pretty good and has the titular robot fighting a giant evil Christmas tree.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

Totoko dreaming of the matsus running a train on her through all of tokyos love hotels was very frigging merry.

2 men for every hole? Challenge accepted.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

icantfindaname posted:

that's not a healthy spinal position. she should probably see a chiropractor

Uhh okay, maybe your spine is just bad

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSAe5MMJZ2w

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Ho ho ho.

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless
There's really only one Christmas anime that we should all be watching:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOeLgjgCDG4

RIP, Satoshi Kon.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Gintama has the best
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl2d3ds6Ydc

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

the Christmas episode of Toradora is probably my favorite since it's just full of all sorts of emotions.

Sorry TigerDragon, Osomatsu-san came out of nowhere to claim the Xmas crown.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's not a full episode but there's this classic

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
The most heartwarming Christmas scene in anime. :)

Soul Reaver posted:

There's really only one Christmas anime that we should all be watching:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOeLgjgCDG4

RIP, Satoshi Kon.

Seconded. I was so mad when they took that off Netflix. :(

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI
please check back next year so I can yell about dancing very merry christmas

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Is there a Nichijou Christmas episode? It's been a while since I stalled out, but I was just struck by an urge to watch more, and if there is that'd be very appropriate.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Is there a Nichijou Christmas episode? It's been a while since I stalled out, but I was just struck by an urge to watch more, and if there is that'd be very appropriate.

Episode 22

Of course, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou is still superior.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Merry Christmas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

There's an episode where Santa brings a guy melon bread and he throws it against the wall in anger.

• Locked thread