Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

Mom: Tell me about your new GF

Me: She is gigantic with incredible muscles

Mom: Josh Tejada what I told you about giantesses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

The thumbnail makes this look like a Giygas phase

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The thumbnail makes this look like a Giygas phase

You read my mind 0.0

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

is this the old one or has the list actually gotten bigger?
If you stare long enough at it it turns into a magic eye picture.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Flannelette posted:

is this the old one or has the list actually gotten bigger?
If you stare long enough at it it turns into a magic eye picture.

More of the brown pangolin's corpse has decayed.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wait I think that's a pic of a pangolin scale but the rest of the body is being described as missing???

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
vampires or something can raise the dead from your dwarves' graveyards/crypts, which is a cool idea, and can even raise severed parts of the dead so you can get rotten arms crawling up to strangle dwarves or an animated skull biting someone who walks too close. Which is badass!!! except it was implemented to just make any old body part come to life, like a single scale(??) or undead leg fur and other stupid poo poo, which last time I played couldn't even be defeated by any means since there's no parts to sever, because toady is a huge retard who wants the dwarves to invent procedurally generated rhythmic poetry forms instead

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ralp posted:

vampires or something can raise the dead from your dwarves' graveyards/crypts, which is a cool idea, and can even raise severed parts of the dead so you can get rotten arms crawling up to strangle dwarves or an animated skull biting someone who walks too close. Which is badass!!! except it was implemented to just make any old body part come to life, like a single scale(??) or undead leg fur and other stupid poo poo, which last time I played couldn't even be defeated by any means since there's no parts to sever, because toady is a huge retard who wants the dwarves to invent procedurally generated rhythmic poetry forms instead

Epic.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

He'll your looking at it all wrong. Toady One procedurally generated infinite Monty Python skits completely by accident.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to kick his loving rear end, right after I force notch to watch his loved ones getting tortured to death!!!!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I call it Retard Fortress

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Ralp posted:

now this is gameing...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dwarf Fortress is fascinating to me but I will probably never play it

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I tried I think it's impossible

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Ralp posted:

I hate to be rude, but you seem to be the retard here who can't see the coolness of procedurally generated poems and dances.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Also, Toady said that the new form system could be co-opted into some sort of fighting style thing where civs have distinctive martial arts and the library and writing changes can be modded into a magic system based on scrolls and books and what-not. Basically, it's really badass.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Dwarf Fortress is fuckin winsauce

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Same

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

In Training posted:

i got really sick and was bedridden for a month and learned how to play dwarf fortress. it literally took me a month to get to a point where i just knew what was going on and nobody wants to do that

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It took me like a day or two maybe.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Text me.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
its cool to download dwarf fortress after not playing it for 2 years and and remember how to make things solely due to muscle memory

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I have never used mine carts because they aren't in my muscle memory. Same with burrows

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Average Bear posted:

I have never used mine carts because they aren't in my muscle memory. Same with burrows

mine carts and anything related to controlling water are the only things i've never known how to do in it

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why bother learning how mine carts work when I have 40 worthless peasants with terrible stats to haul rocks for me.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

Why bother learning how mine carts work when I have 40 worthless peasants with terrible stats to haul rocks for me.

preach

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Hell, with wheelbarrows you got fast hauling anyway.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Ralp posted:

The good news is he literally just let us know this is getting fixed today. Should be in the next update.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

If elephants are 'E' what are giant elephants?

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Flannelette posted:

If elephants are 'E' what are giant elephants?

E

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Big God drat Motherfucking E.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

its cool to download dwarf fortress after not playing it for 2 years and and remember how to make things solely due to muscle memory

For some reason I feel like I want to hit "J" on this incomplete building but I have no idea why, or what J even does????

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Ralp posted:

For some reason I feel like I want to hit "J" on this incomplete building but I have no idea why, or what J even does????

i don't know what any of the buttons do but i can close my eyes and create a dining hall

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Ralp posted:

right after I force notch to watch his loved ones getting tortured to death!!!!

he is tormented enough by his billions of dollars and his mansion full of candy machines

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
The amount of training I did to learn dwarf fortress was incredible.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The hardest part about DF was always the incomprehensible ASCII graphics. But it supports tiles so whatever.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Lol now I'm remembering all the insane people who think using tile sets was impure or whatever there crazy brains told them and if you admitted to using a tile set all the old heads would laugh at you and call you a weak little fag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

The ASCII hurts my eyes dude.. gently caress off. <-- possibly one way you could reply to someone bullying you about dwarf fortress tile sets

• Locked thread