Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Len posted:

It just felt like the change kicked in around the time it blew up big on tumblr. I can blame tumblr for whatever I feel like though even if it was always the original intent to switch things to a romcom laid over the Twilight Zone.

Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I stopped listening to it then too but I'm not a dipshit who gets mad at fan girls.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Len posted:

I listened to episode one on the way home. Is the narrator Dana?

And yeah rereading what I posted I sound like a gigantic prick. The issue I had with Nightvale isn't the gay relationship it's just that there's a relationship at all. It would be like if Black Tapes suddenly became about an Alex/Strand romance and the tapes were secondary it would turn me off the series and I would check out.

I was being a dick, i get the sentament and its why i stopped listening frequently too

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aerox posted:

I've tried to listen to Welcome to Nightvale twice and both times I tune out almost immediately because the first episode straight up just sounds like this dude made a bunch of monkeycheese bulletpoints about wacky things and reads them down a list with virtually no cohesion.

I'm assuming they figure out an actual format, but I didn't want to sit through enough of the episodes to find out when, and none of my friends listen to it.

I know it's generally well regarded, so I keep wanting to give it a shot since it must actually get good at some point. Is there a generally acceptable "jumping in" point where a story about the town actually starts, or is it just two years of creepy bullet points?

That's pretty much what it is. Cute creepypasta stuff that has a fandom

• Locked thread