Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerdpony
May 1, 2007

Apparently I was supposed to put something here.
Fun Shoe
I really enjoyed Hayward Sanitarium, which is an unfinished radio drama from the 1990s. The first ten episodes got recorded and are available here, as well as on iTunes and Pocket Casts and (probably) all the other places podcasts can be found. The scripts for episodes 11-14 have been posted online, with the remaining one or two on the way... allegedly, it's been a few years since the creator said on Facebook that that was going to happen. Even though it's incomplete, though, it's a good story. I really enjoyed listening to it.

There's a big list of serialized fiction podcasts on the Pacific Northwest Stories subreddit. I've added a bunch of them to my list of podcasts to check out, but haven't listened to any new ones from there yet.

Is anyone else anxiously awaiting the concluding episode of the Progenix Labs story on Shadowvane Podcast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdpony
May 1, 2007

Fun Shoe
Big news in the Serialized Fictional Podcast world this morning -- Welcome to Night Vale is starting a new podcast platform, Night Vale Presents.

The New York Times posted:

The world of “Welcome to Night Vale,” the popular fiction podcast made up of dispatches from a surreal Southwestern town, is getting bigger.

Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor, the show’s creators, are starting their own podcast platform, Night Vale Presents — along with a new fiction series, “Alice Isn’t Dead.” The podcast, which follows a truck driver who travels the United States in search of her wife, begins March 8 with a season of 10 episodes.

“Alice Isn’t Dead,” written by Mr. Fink, takes its inspiration from his experience touring around the country for live editions of “Night Vale.” (The show passes through New York this weekend, with four performances from Friday through Sunday at El Museo del Barrio.) “I’ve spent a lot of time on the road,” he said in an interview. “Looking out a window, you have less context, and you have to make up your own story. I started writing around that: seeing the world from a driver’s seat.”

Given the creative minds involved, listeners can expect the straightforward premise of “Alice Isn’t Dead” to get strange quickly: The truck driver is to come across towns lost in time, quasi-human creatures and evidence of a larger conspiracy related to her missing wife.

nerdpony
May 1, 2007

Fun Shoe
Did anyone else find the music in this week's episode of Black Tapes extra irritating?

nerdpony
May 1, 2007

Fun Shoe

head58 posted:

The 2 parts where we're supposed to listen for something on the sleep journal tapes were so heavy with music that I couldn't hear whatever I was supposed to hear.

The moment that really got me was when in her interview with the book collector woman, the music at one point got really loud and kind of gratey sounding for no really discernible reason.

Their sound designer should listen to the interview with Serial's sound designer from last season's Serial Spoiler Special and then do what he does.

nerdpony
May 1, 2007

Fun Shoe

internet celebrity posted:

Yeah, I enjoyed it and the production was on point. I'm going to rework the OP at some point this weekend because I realized it's kinda biased towards alternate reality stuff.

To be fair, I think serialized fiction podcasts are pretty biased towards that at this point. Maybe I've just missed all of them, but most (all?) of the serialized fiction podcasts I can think of are speculative fiction/alternate reality type stuff.

nerdpony
May 1, 2007

Fun Shoe
And we still haven't learned more about the girl with the upside down face, which was probably my favorite Black Tape. When is she going to come back? How was she relevant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdpony
May 1, 2007

Fun Shoe

Cast Iron Brick posted:

Because the demon has an upside down face.

Oh. Yeah. I still wish we had gotten more with that story.

• Locked thread