Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tlacuache
Jul 3, 2007
Cross my heart, smack me dead, stick a lobster on my head.

If I can self-promote, Strange N Unusual. I've been voice acting here for a while and just joined the writing team. The flagship story, Friend of the Family, is a horror-comedy about monster hunting, family, and hating your coworker. There's also the Dark Files, a Twilight Zone-esque series of stand alone episodes we do once a month, and Letters to Asmodeus, an advice segment featuring a character from Friend of the Family.

We're in our second season and having a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tlacuache
Jul 3, 2007

Hughlander posted:

Necro-posting on this... Which character(s) do you voice?

Necro-posting on your necro-post. I regularly voice Alice's mom Karen and have done a lot of one-shot and background characters including the Minnesota Devil, Connie, Frankie, and the teenage girl and old lady in the Mason episode, among many others.

I'm also either guesting or recurring in a bunch of audio dramas this year: Jim Robbie and the Wanderers (two musicians and a robot in the post-apocalypse,) Subject: FOUND (paranormal investigations,) Otherworldlies (an otherworldly carnival,) Very Horrible Stuff (paranormal investigators and chaos magical,) and possibly some other stuff that isn't set in stone yet.

Jim Robbie and Subject: FOUND have been up and running for a while, and Strange N Unusual is about to begin production of season 3.

Tlacuache
Jul 3, 2007

doctorfrog posted:

The writers/performers are, know of someone, or are interested in those kinds of characters and just feel like integrating them and their sexuality into the story

I know this is the case for at least two of the shows I'm working on. Both are including aspects of the characters' genders/sexualities as plot hooks because hey, why not.

I've noticed in the DIY entertainment arena, whether it's audio dramas, ebooks, or webcomics, that the attitude is "If mainstream isn't giving me what I want, I'll do it myself!" It's one of the things I love about the audio drama medium, actually--the willingness of creators to experiment within their limitations.

• Locked thread