Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
My only complaint about Pocketcasts is the PC version is web-based and doesn't have automated downloads. I use it on the phone though.

Grover Podcast for the PC. I just have to sync stuff mentally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Listen to Limetown for sure. it was recommended to me in the Night Vale thread

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Season 2 is an eventuality yes. The project is currently on hold because it's been picked up to be a TV miniseries or something.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Turtlicious posted:

Have you guys found anything that has that "Evil Dead" feel, where it really toes the line between Comedy and Horror.

Night Vale's the closest I've found personally, but how much horror in it varies by episode.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Yeah it's one that's really hard to get a handle on so far.

I still don't really like the janitor's voice for instance. It's grating.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
I'm liking Our Fair City quite a bit myself.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Aerox posted:

I guess I don't know either. From the gushing online I had thought it had some sort of overarching narrative or story about what was going on in Nightvale that picked up after the first set of episodes.

It does have those, but they don't really start until year 2.

Len, how much have you listened to? Years 2 and 3 are a little more focused on Cecil, but it goes back to desert town weirdness after a while. There's still a bit more of a focus on characters in general though.

EDIT: \/ fair enough, you did get a taste of what it's evolved into then. Though after that point, it goes mostly more episodic again thankfully.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Nov 11, 2016

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
So SAYER will be resuming, funded by a kickstarter.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Sinteres posted:

I'm interested in hearing more about how he intends to continue the story, because it seems like the ending would be pretty tough to write around. I'm on board if he has somewhere interesting to go with it, but there's too much else out there to jump back in if he's making more just for the sake of making more.

The current rumour is season 4 will be a prequel set before the comic.

Use this if you want to be notified once the KS is up http://eepurl.com/cvuDHL

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
So I supported SAYER season four and had no idea what to do as my custom message from SAYER until I realized there was only one choice

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Turtlicious posted:

Catching up on my podcasts, and I was actually holding my breath during Wolf 359, Episode: 42.

Holy poo poo.

Yeah. Those guys have really mastered drama.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

New Leaf posted:

Edit: Another good one is Cecil in "Welcome to Night Vale". Cecil has never in (edit) over 100 episodes said that he is gay. Because you don't have to. Its shown to you as the story unfolds. That's good writing.

The Cecil/Carlos stuff is also just so adorable because both of them are quite awkward people.

It's so well written that it just felt like natural growth for the characters. That's rather hard to pull off.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

New Leaf posted:

It feels like Carlos' voice actor hasn't been around much lately. Hope everything is okay.. I think he's still part of the live shows at least.

He might just be busy with a theater show. Most of NV's folks are theater actors.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
I just caught up on Wolf 359 and.... :vince:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Check out SAYER as well. The story of a space station ran by an extremely efficient and amoral AI.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Len posted:

That comes in the next couple months I think. It was a long delay when the last episode ended

Yeah, they're aiming to start in June and run the season without breaks iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
So the first episode of SAYER season 4 was previewed to backers and it's hitting the ground really strong. It'll be out for everyone in a couple weeks.

• Locked thread