Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I've been listening to The Black Tapes lately - just started season 2 a couple days ago. It's good, but not great IMO. The overall storyline's interesting, but I agree with most of the criticisms I'm reading here. Some of the acting is just painfully bad. Plus the Canadian accents are a little too obvious, especially when it's supposed to be somebody from the southwest U.S. or whatever.

Also, I get the impression that they don't know very much about some of the deeper topics they address. Stuff like monasticism in Russia and Bulgaria, for example. There aren't too many Order of Saint Benedict monks there, folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

...I just realized, I was totally wrong about the Order of Saint Benedict w/r/t Eastern Orthodoxy - it's just a different Order of Saint Benedict, ie: not the Catholic one.:downs:

Mokinokaro posted:

Listen to Limetown for sure. it was recommended to me in the Night Vale thread

Yeah, it's genuinely superb. Much better acting than Black Tapes IMO.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Oct 25, 2016

• Locked thread