Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Apparently they recently wrapped up recording a new We're Alive series. I enjoyed the first series well enough, but man, did it feel like they ran out of steam about a quarter of the way through season four. All in all, I thought it was pretty well done, even if some of the writing and acting could get kinda bad at times.

I thought seasons 1 and 2 were entertaining, 3 was decent, though it meandered a bit, and 4 was a little bit of a chore. There was a "don't let me turn into one of those things" bit halfway into the fourth season that lasted no less than 8 minutes, and it helped encapsulate what could be so frustrating with the final season.

tldr: Good, fun series that doesn't stick the landing very well.

https://www.werealive.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Malloreon posted:

Looks like most of the shows listed in this thread are relatively new (last 1-2 years), but has anyone listened to older stalwarts of the genre?

Specifically:

We're Alive
The Leviathan Chronicles
Edict Zero
The Mask of Inanna
Wormwood

I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I thought We're Alive was decent but not great. I have probably unrealistic high hopes for the Kickstarter funded new series that's due out pretty soon. They actually shelled out a few bucks for some bonafide voice actors this time around.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Len posted:

We're Alive should have ended sooner than it did. After a point it felt like they were running out of ideas. And the fact that what 16 years after the apocalypse (small spoilers on who lives/dies) Burt is still alive and well training the troops seems really off.

Season three went right off the rails. I liked the first two very much, though. I thought they were fun.

Tanis and Black Tapes really suffer if you listen to them as they're released. I binged them both and enjoyed the heck out of them, but as soon as i was caught up and beholden to their release schedule, I had a hard time following them.

Black Tapes was excellent, though. Very enthused for December to roll around again.

• Locked thread