Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Jurgan posted:

I really need to force myself through the early episodes. I've only listened to the first three and not much has happened. I would probably just drop it altogether but everyone here insists it'll get good later.

The first one that I thought was really great was Lost John's Cave, if you want to skip ahead a little.

I wish their site was better organized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Montalvo posted:

If you aren't listening to Missing Richard Simmons, you should.

I listened to the first episode, does it get more interesting than "celebrity gets sad and leaves limelight"?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Actually, TANIS did 9/11.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

HIJK posted:

Mabel has been a good podcast so far but it's pretty esoteric.

Oh drat Season 2 has started up; I should catch up on it

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Echophonic posted:

I'm having a really hard time with a lot of these podcasts lately. Alice isn't Dead lost me at episode 7, I quit Night Vale ages ago, didn't finish season 2 of Tanis, and I'm months behind on Ars Paradoxica, Bright Sessions, and Wolf 359. The only one I'm even close to caught up on is Mabel. It's just seems like they lose momentum in the second season and start to meander.

I've mostly just ended up listening to Undisclosed and The F-Plus.

Magnus Archives

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I bet Johnathon Sims and Martin are gay, and gay for each other, and extremely tsundere.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Len posted:

Actually you'll find Tim is the resident non-hetero character

:goonsay:

gently caress, you're absolutely right

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Tweak posted:

I've finally caught up with the Magnus Archives and there is one mystery I just don't understand and has been bugging me throughout the entire series:

Do the British not say flashlight?

They call them "torches" yeah. This one boggled me for a bit back when I was a wee lad reading about people keeping torches under their cloaks in Harry Potter

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Limetown is a classic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Len posted:

Yeah I'm completely up to date and I donate to the patreon it's just of the first 10 or so this is easily my least favorite. It's just "so we found some weird trash" and there's been no pay off yet

They said they wanna do five seasons, so if that's 40 episodes per, then there's still around 130 episodes left, so there's plenty of time for those to be folded into a larger narrative.

I do agree though, that those first few are the weakest part of the show.

• Locked thread