Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
TANIS has spectacular atmosphere w/r/t the actual mystery but the characters are weak as hell. Black Tapes does better in that regard - Alex and Strand are a great double-act.

Limetown is clearly the "best" production overall, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Cast Iron Brick posted:

The moment that killed Black Tapes for me is when they got the guy from the No Sleep podcast to do a guest voice. Despite doing at least one story a show, the guy has zero acting chops.

Not to mention he threw a tantrum when people asked for trigger warnings on rapey stories.

Oh jeez, did he really?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The dialogue/direction in TBS needs to be a little rougher. It's too refined and practiced most of the time. Introduce 30% more mumblecore into the patients' dialogue readings and it'd be perf, but as it is it feels too rehearsed most of the time.

Not!Kilgrave does a pretty solid job, and so does Caleb most of the time, but other actors can feel a TINY bit plastic-y.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The Nosleep guy seems to be pathologically incapable of dropping his caustic, one-note Cryptkeeper affectation. He wreaks havoc on everything he's in.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The heist was the return to good!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Oh my god, Wolf 359 episode 30

yeah, it's a lift from Doctor who's Heaven Sent, but I eat this poo poo UP

Anyone resisting, work through the early episodes and get ready for something special.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I use Podcast Addict on Android. Frequent updates, easy file management within the app, good playback options.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

If you like/can tolerate Doctor Who, there's a seventeen-year backlog of radio dramas from Big Finish, many of which are available for just 3 dollars for two hours of radio.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Jurgan posted:

I think you're the one who said I should listen to "Jubilee," and you were right.

Jubilee is so goddamn good.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Magnus Archives builds up really really well.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Tanis, for all its faults, has atmosphere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Every other week, I think? Theyve had weekly stints too IIRC, which funnily enough lined up with my weekly visits to the shrink last yearish.

• Locked thread