Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Yeah the Black Tapes isn't as bad as the Message but it has severe severe problems. Specifically I can't tell if the main character is purposely being condescending to every interviewee or if the writers/actors don't get that she's clearly broadcasting that she thinks these people are crazy no matter how mild their religious beliefs are. Then of course when not interviewing anyone she falls over herself to believe in an invasion of evil shadow people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Alice isn't Dead is pretty good. Unfortunately all the other shows listed in the thread OP are pretty bad.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

It still becomes a lot more comedy and longer story arc focused. Some of the original charm is lost forever once the weird stuff of the first few episodes become established setting elements.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Even in season 1 it was fairly obvious that all of the monsters of the week were the same sort of shadow people.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I just started listening to the magnus archives and it's drat good.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

It has this weird problem with the sound wildly varying between episodes with some being very quiet and some being normal audio. It's not like say the History of Byzantium which is just really quiet all the time.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I listened to the first four episodes of the Box and boy howdy is it garbage. Do not listen unless you're really that desperate for modern anthology horror and have finished every other such podcast ever recommended in this thread.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Len posted:

My favorite are the people out the gate on day 1 with no previous content going "hey give us money on Pateron for special content and mini episodes"
You mean like the Box did? I'm still bitter about how terrible that was.

Terrible Opinions fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jan 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I don't remember it ever getting louder, but I didn't notice because I also listen to the History of Byzantium podcast which is even quieter.

• Locked thread