Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeusExMchna
Nov 9, 2013

2 thicc 2 exist
Lipstick Apathy
Just finished Limetown after catching up on TBT and Tanis and wow. Definitely didnt expect there to be such a huge quality difference. Limetown definitely had their ducks in a row before they even started and its even more apparent. but when did they mention Lea's uncle had a natural gift/condition? I feel like I missed that.

Anyways, the voice acting was great on Limetown. I feel like a lot of PNWS uses the same 4 actors over and over with varying "accents" and I mean it's probably a budget thing but it is definitely noticeable. Also PNWS really has a thing for inserting music into every. Single. Clip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeusExMchna
Nov 9, 2013

2 thicc 2 exist
Lipstick Apathy
So i continue to listen to PNWS stuff because i like pain, but has it been discussed how they just copy+paste their Eastern European accented (or just some with a fake accent??) voice actress on both shows? Its weird hearing her be Veronica in Tanis and Amalia in TBT and a little immersion breaking too. Interestingly enough, Alice/Wtnv doesn't bother me with their use of Jasika Nicole because in the former shes the main character and in the latter she's a guest appearance that pops in like twice a season.

Also i remain frustrated that Nic is a tech guru in TBT but a giant oaf in Tanis. Seriously if they exist in the same universe they should be consistent.

DeusExMchna
Nov 9, 2013

2 thicc 2 exist
Lipstick Apathy
The Magnus Archives is loving amazing. The depth of knowledge and research each episode must have in order for the statements to seem plausible is admirable.

DeusExMchna
Nov 9, 2013

2 thicc 2 exist
Lipstick Apathy

Amateur Sketch posted:

The writer must have done his research on the cages and whatnot, he described them pretty well.

I think this every time I listen to The Magnus Archives. Every statement sounds like they brought someone on to describe the nuances and details of that job. From the garbage man episode (which now has me triple bagging my cats litter just in case) to the slaughterhouse episode, they really manage to not only give enough background to establish the scene but it makes it feel that much more real. 1

• Locked thread