Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Just binged up to Damien's first appearance on The Bright Sessions. I've been mentally referring to it as "Heroes (But Good): The Radio Drama" all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
There is. It takes some time to get there, but the last episode is great.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Diet Poison posted:

Started "The Bright Sessions" but I'm gonna drop it if it doesn't pick up. Like, "Within the Wires" didn't take near as long to start peppering in the "things are not as they seem". I get that the doctor has an ulterior motive, she mentions at the end of one of the time-traveler episodes, but after listening to an entire episode of the empath talking about feelings, and an entire episode of the telepath talking about feelings, I'm gonna need this thing to kick into high gear soon.

The first two hours are a bit slow and Caleb's storyline is particularly rough because he's kind of isolated from the rest of the characters for a huge chunk of the series. It gets better when Damien shows up and Dr. Bright starts to spill more about the AM.

Archive 81 was... good? I think? I might have to give it another listen now that it's all out.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Montalvo posted:

I legitimately have no idea what happened at the end of Archive 81.

My best guess...

Voss Holdings constructed the Visser building in New York in the 50's to house some kind of entity. Lots of weird, creative poo poo happened around the building and its tenants. In the 90's, Melody tried to record the weirdness and things came to a head between her and Samuel, who worshipped/was the entity. Something about Victor being unrecordable vs. the need for Visser's "story" to be told. Most of the connections between the company, the building, Samuel, and the entity are unclear at best.

When whatever happened happened, Visser imploded and the Housing Historical Committee or Urban Preservation and Development Department of New York State or whoever Davenport actually works for collected Melody's tapes and 34 corpses. Twenty years later, Dan was hired to listen to all the tapes, finally releasing Samuel/The Entity/Whatever and has now "gone into hiding" with his new pet rat.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
The Message seems like it would have actually benefitted from a generic, shadowy corporation digging up all the info they could, legitimately or otherwise, to decode the signal instead of using government agencies and employees. And that ending... Woof.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Burned through the first six episodes of Lesser Gods. Seems like a lot of really fun ideas struggling against the format. I went in expecting the last young people on Earth to, you know, interact, but it's more like listening to a handful of narrators read sections of a book report.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Jurgan posted:

Anyone still listening to Hello from the Magic Tavern? Out of nowhere, the show suddenly developed a serious plot in episode 100.

The plot was always there. The seriousness was... not? I say with trepidation.

• Locked thread