Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
immolationsex
Sep 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I ENJOY RUINING STEAK LIKE A GODDAMN BARBARIAN
Wolf 359 is ok but does anyone know of something in space, but less zany? I feel like this is too much of both (horror and comedy) but not enough of either. I'm looking for something more serious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

immolationsex
Sep 16, 2002
Thanks for asking, 20 is the last episode I listened to. I think I know what you mean by things taking a more serious turn, but it feels like all this setup is very slow in leading to any actual payoff. I'll grant that this is probably my pet peeve talking here, but I've always held that comedy is the ultimate suspense-killer, and at the 20-episode mark Eiffel is still being essentially a stand-in for Jar-Jar Binks, and the commander is oh-so-exasperated with the incompetence and malingering around her. Were still firmly in sitcom-in-space territory, in other words.

So is this what I can expect, going forward? I don't want to come across as too negative, I appreciate what the creators have done here for what it is, but I'm starting to think this just isn't for me. I'd like for the story to focus more on the actual, suspenseful story elements, and phase out the slapstick altogether.

immolationsex
Sep 16, 2002

oatgan posted:

The main cast is ok but every minor character or voice the creator of the show does is agonizingly bad
It's pretty funny how they seem to think that doing a voice incredibly nasally is

1. Enough to make the audience think they got someone different to do that character, and
2. how anyone, anywhere, ever, actually talks

Apart from that, I'm impressed by the production values and, yes, voice acting of the main cast. Certainly a far cry from some of the other stuff that's come up in this thread.

• Locked thread