Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

Malloreon posted:

Looks like most of the shows listed in this thread are relatively new (last 1-2 years), but has anyone listened to older stalwarts of the genre?

Specifically:

We're Alive
The Leviathan Chronicles
Edict Zero
The Mask of Inanna
Wormwood

Edict Zero isn't bad. I find some of the voices to be grating, really just one. They released a few new episodes a few months ago, the downside is it had been awhile so I forgot what the hell was going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
I like the concepts from both Tanis and Black tapes but drat if their dialogue isn't stilted. The Black Tapes had gotten a bit better but it still feels really awkward.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
I was thinking the same thing listening to the last episode. I couldn't remember anyone's name so a wiki would definitely be helpful.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
I think Tanis wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't for the stilted dialogue. The story is interesting but drat the acting is bad. I blew through Wolf 359. That's another great example of story telling and acting.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
I just blew through all of the episodes of ars PARADOXICA, which is really awesome. I think one of the creators is also working on the Bright Tapes.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

DeusExMchna posted:

but when did they mention Lea's uncle had a natural gift/condition? I feel like I missed that.

I missed it the first time around myself. But if I remember correctly, it's mentioned/eluded to pretty early on.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
I'm also confused on the time line between The Black Tapes and Tanis. There is no crossover between them, makes no sense. I'm pretty much done with them. There was something there but it's just meh.

Thanks for the Behemoth suggestion. I'm really enjoying it and it's about the right length.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah I dropped TANIS and The Black Tapes maybe a month ago. :feelsgood: Not having them in my queue.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Slamhound posted:

King Falls AM is pretty amusing. It's got a good cast of characters.

Yeah I'm working my way through this. Enjoying the short format and I really like that there are quite a few different characters. The two old fishermen are the best.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah that sounds pretty bad. Definitely glad I stopped listening as well.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
I've listened to everything as it was coming out. It's not bad but I find some of the voice acting to get in the way. Sometimes the effects are also mixed terribly. I dropped it after their 2 year hiatus because I couldn't remember what the hell happened.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
Are you talking about how's he's stuck basically with tech from 1996? I think that's the year he mentioned. I'm assuming that he can't go any further forward than when he would have died if he stayed in time.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Just started listening to this. It's a lot of fun.

I use for Pocketcasts which I like a lot.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
I listened to it on Halloween when both episodes dropped. It has potential, plus they got a lot of bigger named people for the voice acting.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Chairman Capone posted:

One of the last episodes of the last season of Tanis, there's a pretty blatant indication that Nick and Meerkatnip meet up to bone at the end of the episode.

I gave up a long time ago but I find that funny because she always acted like she couldn't stand him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Ornamented Death posted:

New episode of Archive 81 is up. I still have some reservations about the new direction they're going, but I am intrigued and will keep listening.

I'm in the same boat. I'll listen for a few more before deciding.

• Locked thread