Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I just finished Limetown (was great) and noticed the release dates for the episodes. Boy am I glad I didn't find out about this as it first came out, because waiting a month or so and getting only a 1 minute long episode? Rough. At least it appears to pick up as it went on

Tweak fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Oct 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Yea I had a hard enough time remember the names of everyone when I was binging through the first season and a half, after the break I barely recognize anyone besides Nick & MK without some other detail (guy who hires Nick, lady who has a fake name, his friend).

Hopefully that note about not explaining anything beyond Nick & MK's working relationship holds true because it has to be the least interesting thing on the show.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

"You'll never believe how this unsolved weird mystery is tangentially related to Tanis"

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I'm finally listening to the Magnus Archives (it's great) and I'm about ~20 episodes in: do the recordings ever get louder? Maybe it's just me/my iphone earbuds, but I can barely hear the guy over the outside world when I'm walking around. Meanwhile the opening violin chords destroy my ears since I'm at the max volume (this is perhaps related).

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I've finally caught up with the Magnus Archives and there is one mystery I just don't understand and has been bugging me throughout the entire series:

Do the British not say flashlight?

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

They're certainly all the same ones, at least.

I've also realized the real secret power of Tanis is to make every other phenomenon/conspiracy theory actually about Tanis, and has now enveloped other podcasts as well Rabbits, unsurprisingly

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Clipperton posted:

Is that like how whoever's protecting the TANIS mystery is capable of deleting any reference to it from the entire Internet by snapping their fingers, but they can't get one podcast off iTunes?

The exact same thing happens in Rabbits too, "this file is immediately removed from any torrent website quicker than a DMCA notice but we've got it for you."

Also, "if you EVER talk about the details of Rabbits to anyone someone will come find and KILL you. Anyways here is a bunch of people who are willing to talk about Rabbits on our podcast, Rabbits."

Tweak fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 19, 2017

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I feel like I should care about the twist, but I also can't keep all the characters straight. I'm not sure what the big reveal here is besides identify theft.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Detail? No, but I think she is mentioned or related to episode 6 as well.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I do often get confused if I should know who the the narrator is talking matter-of-factly about on The Magnus Archives when trying to relate the current case to other cases/people. I wish episode numbers were referenced, or at least some sort of case number prefix which makes it obvious where I can go to refresh my memory.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I always chuckle when Rabbits starts with an ad for TANIS, because the tag line is something like, "TANIS: perhaps the last genuine mystery of the information age." I always want the narrator to stumble after that and go, "I mean, well, besides Rabbits."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

New Leaf posted:

Also, this Rabbits sounded more like an episode of Tanis.. I feel like these two are a lot more intertwined than Tanis was with TBT.

I fully expected at multiple points for Eldfend to be referenced, and I won't be surprised at all if a more in depth cross over happens sometime soon. I'm confused why they thought this was necessary, the idea of some secret society ARG or whatever was fine on its own without adding kids with inter dimensional powers or whatever. It's a similar problem in TANIS where they have a good idea (or an ok idea) and feel it just doesn't have enough weirdness to it so they just start throwing more in haphazardly.

Tweak fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jun 24, 2017

• Locked thread