Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Turtlicious posted:

If I loved Limetown, and Welcome to Nightvale, where do I go to get more of...

That.

Wolf 359 is kind of like a Sci Fi Night Vale, starting with a "gag a week" format and switching to a more narrative style as it goes on. It's definitely more of a comedy than drama though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

Montalvo posted:

Within the Wires, a new podcast by the Night Vale Presents network kicked off yesterday. I listened to the first episode this morning and it seems interesting, though it didn't grab my attention as immediately as Alice Isn't Dead did.

I agree, I'm giving it another episode or two to see if it gets more interesting, but it's just not grabbing me. I feel like Night Vale is a Weird Comedy podcast, and Alice Isn't Dead is a Weird Suspense podcast, but Within the Wires is just Weird, like a 20 minute long version of the "Traffic" segment from Night Vale.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

head58 posted:

Is there anything that presents alt history in a format like In Our Time or Hardcore History? Talking about battles that never happened, people who never existed, but all plausible-like and not supernatural and stuff?

The only thing I could think of would be the Twilight Histories, which is the story of a guy with the worst luck possible visiting various alt histories. They run the gamut from Napoleon invading India via Afghanistan, to Germany winning WWI, to Japanese Robo-Holocaust. It's all told in a first person perspective so it might not be exactly what you're looking for, but who knows?

• Locked thread