Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i bought this game and im playing it now. im going to use this threaed to say where i am and what im doing. please dont spoil anything for me!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Good luck Op.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Have you played Deus Ex 1.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

my favorite things about the original deus ex was looking out of maggie chows penthouse at the cityscape of hong kong.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Have you played Deus Ex 1.

ayup :D

Dec 26, 2012

have fun op

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

01011001 posted:

have fun op

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

omg his arms

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

BE sure to say they part where you up to so we don't spoil anything by accident.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

tumor looking batty posted:

my favorite things about the original deus ex was looking out of maggie chows penthouse at the cityscape of hong kong.

My least favorite thing about the original Deus Ex was listening to Maggie Chow's terrible voice acting.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Gay Sex: Human Chodevolution

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

net cafe scandal posted:

BE sure to say they part where you up to so we don't spoil anything by accident.

ok. pritchard told me i cant go into the ladies restroom.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Do all the side quests op. Also you can beat the whole game without augments so don't worr about what you pick just have fun

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its one of the best SP games ive played in recent memory, youre gonna have a good time OP

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
make sure you get the leg augments (high jump, fall slower) early. but most importantly....have fun.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Let the man play his single player game in peace for God sake.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Wormskull posted:

Preach.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you're about to have a kickass time op

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

yeah. OP keep us updated but no one turn this into a dark souls thread drat it!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Dark Souls thread of Imp Zone threads.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ive thought about what it would be like to have robotic arms probably once a day every day of my life since I played DXHR.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

yeah. OP keep us updated but no one turn this into a dark souls thread drat it!

*Dark spirit fozzy_fosbourne has invaded your game of Deus Ex!*

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I own thos for some reason so i guess ill play it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

People, please. Unless someone solicits you to do so, don't run into a thread at top speed to post all the epic tips and poo poo, for a drat single player game. Part of the point of playing a single player game, is finding out for yourself.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I wonder if the wiiu version can be played on the game pad. that would be pretty epic, if i had it, i would join in

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

People, please. Unless someone solicits you to do so, don't run into a thread at top speed to post all the epic tips and poo poo, for a drat single player game. Part of the point of playing a single player game, is finding out for yourself.

yaeh

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

prichard told me there are a couple of ways to get into the warehouse. thats right: we're playing deus ex baby!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

tumor looking batty posted:

prichard told me there are a couple of ways to get into the warehouse. thats right: we're playing deus ex baby!

pritchard. there are three entances. good luck and make sure you find all five secret locations

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i really liked this game, but never got around to finishing my save file. maybe i'll get it for cheap on the 360 later and replay it...

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

i really liked this game, but never got around to finishing my save file. maybe i'll get it for cheap on the 360 later and replay it...

i beat it in two or three sittings, it was a game i really super duper liked a lot

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

i beat it in two or three sittings, it was a game i really super duper liked a lot

wow. im in a warehouse now,

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I stopped playing this at the first boss because I really didn't want to play a game like this that would make me fight bosses like that every x amount of time.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I stopped playing this at the first boss because I really didn't want to play a game like this that would make me fight bosses like that every x amount of time.

I kind of felt this way but the typhoon kills bosses in one hit so I just always used that.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
He didn't ask for this

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

OP are you playing the director's cut? cause that version is a little prettier and it rebalanced some stuff. i heard they tuned the boss fights in it too?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Wormskull posted:

there are very few bosses and the first one is probably the worst.

that's what you get when you subcontract your boss fights out to an insane eastern european game studio, I guess.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
there was a marked moment in my life when i realized how closely deus ex emails resembled real life office correspondence.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
Just watched a Deus Ex video on Youtube.
Saw new situational dialogue I've never seen before. That game, man. That game.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Dongslayer. posted:

there was a marked moment in my life when i realized how closely deus ex emails resembled real life office correspondence.

yeah this, it's kind of boring going through all those emails but guessing a password correctly was a great pay-off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

In the game or at your real job?

• Locked thread