Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah, they did a really good job with the city hubs. lots of stuff to explore, nice level design, they make relatively small spaces feel big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You now have the Deus Ex Hong Kong music stuck in your head.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

tumor looking batty posted:

im on the streets of detroit for the first time. it looks really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA8vQegAgmc
i forgot how insanely good the music was in the game too

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

My god.. what sorcery is this!?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

f7u12

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i dont think the world was layered with as many cool mysteries compared to the original game, but i think its really good at setting a real cool atmosphere and thats what made me play so much

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The Man Who Was Thursday

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

In Training posted:

the joke's on you, I always have that stuck in my head

the original composer and a guy from OCRemix worked together on a remix of that actually, which is pretty neat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIRyKmjN-BE

the actual remix is not that good though

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
y'all got me wanting to reinstall the first deux ex... now there's a game

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

rediscover posted:

y'all got me wanting to reinstall the first deux ex... now there's a game
Yeah. Problem is Ive seen the first third like 10 times and the ending only once. Every time I get in a mood to replay it I drop off because of [some reason] around give-or-take Hong Kong.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the combat music in the game is also fantastic but i would always do 100% stealth runs and never heard any of it, except for the boss music ofc

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

In Training posted:

I'm praying Mankind Divided doesn't go the way of Invisible War
they made THE FALL to take care of the "every even-numbered deus ex game is arse" curse.

hopefully it works.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

The Kins posted:

every even-numbered deus ex game
I dont think thats a thing until at least #6.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

gaaaah I just uninstalled this after not playing it for ages... it just goes to show

never uninstall games

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

FRINGE posted:

I dont think thats a thing until at least #6.
deus ex (cool as gently caress)
invisible war (crippled and broken)
human revolution (cool as gently caress)
the fall (abysmal mobile spinoff)
mankind divided (???)

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

"I don't know how Deus ex 5 will be played, but I can tell you how they will play Deus ex 6 - with touch controls." -Albert "JC" einstein

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

The Kins posted:

deus ex (cool as gently caress)
invisible war (crippled and broken)
human revolution (cool as gently caress)
the fall (abysmal mobile spinoff)

mankind divided (twisted loving psychopath)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

it was cool reading the emails talking about the expos in that Montreal level. the devs seemed to have a lot of fun putting little details in the game and i enjoy games more if I feel they are a labour of love.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like that Adam Jensen's design was a placeholder one that just looked exactly like the director of the game, and then no one made one better so they just kept it.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
When Human Revolution came out people made jokes about Adam Jensen doing a Batman voice, but it's very close to Elias Toufexis' normal tone.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The guy sounds extremely badass.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

my morning jackass posted:

it was cool reading the emails talking about the expos in that Montreal level. the devs seemed to have a lot of fun putting little details in the game and i enjoy games more if I feel they are a labour of love.

It sucks that we never got the Montreal or upper hengsha hubs. The dlc was cool though

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Buschmaki posted:

When Human Revolution came out people made jokes about Adam Jensen doing a Batman voice, but it's very close to Elias Toufexis' normal tone.

He did a Lets Play of Human Revolution in character as Adam Jensen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flszuT3ROdo

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
invisible war was the first deus ex ive ever played so i kinda like it

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Dongslayer. posted:

Thats ok. Its ok to like games here in the Zone

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Bolverkur posted:

Thats ok. Its ok to like games here in the Zone

It's not ok to like axiom verge, although I'm not sure why.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Your allowed to like whatever you want wherever you want even if it's not video games in the imp zone. It's a free country baby

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Which isn't a defense of the game as I've never played it.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Get out from betwixt my multipart post.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

rediscover posted:

Your allowed to like whatever you want wherever you want even if it's not video games in the imp zone. It's a free country baby
Youre in Canada?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

FRINGE posted:

Youre in Canada?

Oh just gently caress right off with this. I don't even get what your trying to say.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dongslayer. posted:

It would be kinda fine if it was actually playable on PC. The fact that the game exits and relaunches on every loading screen is baffling

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

In Training posted:

It would be kinda fine if it was actually playable on PC. The fact that the game exits and relaunches on every loading screen is baffling
the exit-and-reload on every loading screen is the game's weird way of flushing out memory because, you know, 64mb of memory on xbox and horrific unfinished hack of the unreal engine

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

does anyone know what exactly they did to the bosses in directors cut? one of the big features they advertised was that they COMPLETELY FIXED the BAD BOSSES and now they are GOOD

i never really had trouble with them and didnt understand the complaints, i guess it shouldve been made clear in a tooltip that you were free to kill them and it wouldn't impact a no-kill run but otherwise :shrug:

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Bobnumerotres posted:

does anyone know what exactly they did to the bosses in directors cut? one of the big features they advertised was that they COMPLETELY FIXED the BAD BOSSES and now they are GOOD

i never really had trouble with them and didnt understand the complaints, i guess it shouldve been made clear in a tooltip that you were free to kill them and it wouldn't impact a no-kill run but otherwise :shrug:

their arenas are bigger generally

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

they gave the player options to use options other than raw firepower to kill them.

I never played the directors cut and I didn't have a ton of trouble with the bosses but they were not very fun and sort of felt out of place with play styles that were mostly non-lethal or stealth.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

The first time I played I was just ghosting levels and didn't even have a gun on me when I ran into the first boss and had a hell of a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The boss design in the DLC was actually cool, and felt more in with the rest of the game since it was a large designed encounter with paths and options and a dense variety. The ones in the base game were just "bullet sponge in a large empty room" and they always struck me as odd

• Locked thread