Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
To be honest it sounds like you're all pretty uptight about working with each other. if I was trying to make music with someone who was so precious about anyone touching their poo poo it wouldnt last very long. it's a collaborative effort, touch everyone's poo poo all the time and try to make it a team effort to find that middle ground.

I just started working with people who come over and start loving about with knobs on my synth and it's great because sometimes we find new things that work better i wouldn't have thought of, and I gently caress with the guitarists tone (and levels) and the drummers samples all the time. sometimes we agree, sometimes we don't but it's part of the process.

Also lol at the singer getting his rear end kicked for putting a foot on a bass drum. how many times i've seen touring bands do this, it's hard to believe they get their rear end kicked every night.
What would you do if the singer picked up a couple drum sticks during practice and went crazy on the cymbals during an intense bit? Would you go with it and practice how to make it work in one track (or say 'good effort but i dont feel that works') or would you straight up 'kick his rear end'?

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Dec 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread