Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ruby/Sapphire was the only gen I ever caught them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Rse is great for island feels. Tropical settings in RPGs are up there with snow feels.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I like the R/S remakes where you can fly around freely :>

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i liked gold and silver a lot. but x + y was great too, since i missed everything in between out. short though. thats neither here or there though i guess. :P

experienceBeej
Mar 24, 2014
Mentioned once already, but I second Astro Boy: Omega Factor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astro_Boy:_Omega_Factor

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i also liked the Golden Sun games and still get the battle music stuck in my head sometimes

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

The original warioware is the best Gba one

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i also liked the Golden Sun games and still get the battle music stuck in my head sometimes

https://youtu.be/uh1svF7sR68

Edit also jenna's battle theme was my favorite.

https://youtu.be/y5Ty9gV8v1g

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Dec 23, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Boktai

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
It was around for such a short time too, 2001-2004.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It was around for such a short time too, 2001-2004.
It lasted in NA until 2008, FFV came out in 2006 and FFVI in 2007

EDIT: Minish Cap in 2005 too

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Golden Sun, FFV, Metroid Zero Mission & Fusion.. gently caress, Aria of Sorrow, Minish Cap, Mario and Luigi, every other FF remake, gently caress me. There was some good rear end games on that thing

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Mario vs Donkey Kong

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Fire Emblem.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i didn't much care for Ruby/Sapphire due to the map being 80% water which also included underwater sections

yeah and if you play the version where you fight team aqua, like half the land encounters will also be against water pokemon. its the worst pokemon gen, of the ones i played

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

oh yeah poo poo, I still have to play that. I wanted that game real bad as a kid.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Lady Sia prophesised two pop music goddesses in its name, and its also a fun action platformer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is Boktai a game that can't be emulated

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

Maybe somebody could hack the rom so it's in sunlight all the time

I Googled it and apparently this has been done

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

mGBA has got you covered.. some of the workarounds for things like this are just insane.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

mGBA has got you covered.. some of the workarounds for things like this are just insane.

Ya but.. How insane ?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think it's badass that the official workaround for not having a Wii sensor bar in Dolphin is to light two candles and put them on either side of your monitor. Emulator devs are nuts

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

net cafe scandal posted:

I think it's badass that the official workaround for not having a Wii sensor bar in Dolphin is to light two candles and put them on either side of your monitor. Emulator devs are nuts

Your joking.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

In Training posted:

as I recall then the rom on my gba flashcart had some clever way of emulating sunlight, with L/R plus button pressing or something. man, I gotta dig up my GBA SP for supreme gaming the next few days when I'm away from my pc

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

You can just use the sensor bar if you have it.. if you don't have a Wiimote you have to bind the 3D movement of the motion controls to your mouse and keyboard or something like that.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bolverkur posted:

the Game Boy Advance is the strongest gaming system in history

I think you are probably right.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

rediscover posted:

Your joking.

The sensor bar is just two infrared LEDs so probly

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

lol this loving owns

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

The Wii U gamepad also has them built in so you can point a wiimote at it and play wii games on the lil babey screen

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

ancient gaming ritual

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
wii u gamepad with built in tea candles

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

Mario Maker and Chill

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

Mario Maker and Chill

I'm getting horney

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Golden Sun was definitive for me OP

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

Win in a Box

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

frank.club posted:

Golden Sun was definitive for me OP

Same.. Although the word I would use is 'Formative' . None the less that was the first rpg I really got into and actually completed early in my life

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Got me thinking about numbers, leveling up, making my numbers higher, etc and my life was never the same

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think I meant that word too lol... I remember the kraken boss later in the game was the first time I ever tried a strat in an RPG that wasn't just attack as hard as possible

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The first JRPG I ever beat was probably final fantasy I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

For a really long time I would only buy weapons at new towns because to me the only thing that was important was getting my numbers higher. Somehow I still completed games

• Locked thread